Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely you would base it on the region that’s got the highest rates of cases first of all, in order to bring that down, which would likely be NW 

However, don’t think it will come to that, should be enough to go around the vulnerable in all regions 

Birch,  Johnson started talking about R rates last night. 

A couple of days ago, the Nw had the lowest R rate in England. 

🤔

Guest Nordkurve
24 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

My example was trying to demonstrate the most effective way of vaccinating a care home if you only had a limited number of vaccines. I.e 25 staff and 100 elderly, if you only had 25 doses of the vaccination then it would likely be more efficient to vaccinate the staff who are coming in and out of the building rather than just 25% of the elderly who are isolated inside. 

However it feels like we should have enough vaccinations to get through most the vulnerable groups very early next year. In which case, even with a 90% success rate, we are looking at massively reduced excess deaths, more in line with a normal Winter Flu than a pandemic 

I get where you are coming from, but my concern is that if you vaccinated the 25 Staff and it didn't work on just two of them, they could go on to infect 100% of the elderly people in the Care Home. I assume they would have some sort of safety net to ensure this couldn't happen, or at least I would hope they would anyway. I guess for a period of time people in Key Worker areas would still be getting tested even if they have had the vaccine to monitor its effectiveness.

11 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I get where you are coming from, but my concern is that if you vaccinated the 25 Staff and it didn't work on just two of them, they could go on to infect 100% of the elderly people in the Care Home. I assume they would have some sort of safety net to ensure this couldn't happen, or at least I would hope they would anyway. I guess for a period of time people in Key Worker areas would still be getting tested even if they have had the vaccine to monitor its effectiveness.

right now, with no vaccination available, all 25 staff could go in and infect everyone 

if 25 of gem get vaccinated and it only works on 23 it will massively reduce the chances of a member of staff bringing Covid into a care home 

• Members
38 minutes ago, Ani said:

How long before the Govt announce regional vaccinations and how that will work ? London and the South first ? 

Try it on convicted paedophiles first. If it doesn’t work, they die from a slow agonising death .

If it does work, brilliant, now  throw them in a volcano

Guest Nordkurve
Just now, birch-chorley said:

right now, with no vaccination available, all 25 staff could go in and infect everyone 

if 25 of gem get vaccinated and it only works on 23 it will massively reduce the chances of a member of staff bringing Covid into a care home 

.....as long as they keep getting tested at regular intervals. That's how it's working at the moment I would assume. I mean, I am trying to say that I hope they don't stop testing Key Workers just because they had the vaccine.

3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Indeed

If we are short of vaccines, use them well, to minimise societal risk

50 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

.....as long as they keep getting tested at regular intervals. That's how it's working at the moment I would assume. I mean, I am trying to say that I hope they don't stop testing Key Workers just because they had the vaccine.

I shouldn’t imagine mass testing will stop anytime soon, quite right as well 

The discussion was around, if you only have a limited number of vaccines how do you best deploy them 

Our strategy thus far has been about reducing the R number in order to protect the most vulnerable 

If you were to use the same strategy (reduce R) with a limited number of vaccines then you would likely look at who are the key spreaders of the virus, likely those in jobs where you have many more social interactions (NHS, care workers, teachers etc) 

However, broadly irrelevant if we have 20m doses coming (5m before Xmas). We should be able to sort the vulnerable out as well as the key spreaders early on 

Add in the millions of people who have had it and we should have a very good level of herd immunity sooner rather than later 

The numbers going into hospitals should certainly drop right off 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

However, broadly irrelevant if we have 20m doses coming (5m before Xmas). We should be able to sort the vulnerable out as well as the key spreaders early on 

I've been speaking to a couple of fuckwits in our office today, who have got massively excited about this vaccine, and they, for some reason, have it in their head that within a few weeks, or certainly by the end of January, all will be back to normal. Obviously it's great to have a bit of positivity, but they were somewhat disappointed when it was explained to them that it's still not a given that we'll get anything at all this side of Christmas, and even if we did it'll be quite a few months until everybody get's vaccinated.......they were even more devastated when it was pointed out them that mask wearing (which seems to be a big problem for them), no matter what happens, is still going to be a thing until the end of March at the earliest. It's amazing how feckless some people really are.

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

ZOE app data showing no. Of cases declining in north west, R number as 0.8. Hopefully it continues and by the time this “lockdown” ends we will be in a much better place cases and R wise.

Thumbs up here.

Fingers crossed numbers drop further. They will need to if we are to avoid going back into tier 3.

55 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

ZOE app data showing no. Of cases declining in north west, R number as 0.8. Hopefully it continues and by the time this “lockdown” ends we will be in a much better place cases and R wise.

So the Tier3 restrictions worked then?

51 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've been speaking to a couple of fuckwits in our office today, who have got massively excited about this vaccine, and they, for some reason, have it in their head that within a few weeks, or certainly by the end of January, all will be back to normal. Obviously it's great to have a bit of positivity, but they were somewhat disappointed when it was explained to them that it's still not a given that we'll get anything at all this side of Christmas, and even if we did it'll be quite a few months until everybody get's vaccinated.......they were even more devastated when it was pointed out them that mask wearing (which seems to be a big problem for them), no matter what happens, is still going to be a thing until the end of March at the earliest. It's amazing how feckless some people really are.

Surely not many are arsed about wearing a mask 

If 5m doses do land this side of Xmas, with more coming January and February then we should be able to open up businesses aligned with tier 1 / 2 restrictions in December with further loosening early next year 

Should certainly be looking at opening football stadiums with reduced capacity this side of Spring 

16 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

If 5m doses do land this side of Xmas, with more coming January and February then we should be able to open up businesses aligned with tier 1 / 2 restrictions in December with further loosening early next year 

Should certainly be looking at opening football stadiums with reduced capacity this side of Spring 

We make them wear them in the office, when they get up from their desks, which is probably what irks them. We didn't want them back in the office, but they really wanted to come back, so we're making life awkward for them, in the hope that they go back to WFH

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

We make them wear them in the office, when they get up from their desks, which is probably what irks them. We didn't want them back in the office, but they really wanted to come back, so we're making life awkward for them, in the hope that they go back to WFH

A lot of people at our place are back on WFH. Cunts like me still have to work at "work" because I have to be at the Aircraft, but we have the thing with having to wear a mask whilst not sat at our desks. We also have Perspex screens now so each desk is almost boxed in. I found out one of the wankers here who is always saying Covid is a conspiracy was at an anti Vax/Mask demo in Leipzig on the weekend. I saw the pictures in the Newspaper, no fucker wearing masks, well I told him yesterday that if he comes within 5 meters of my desk he is going to get a stapler launched at his head.

We also found out last Friday that one of the English Contractors here came in to work with Covid Symptoms (turned out he actually had it) and passed it on to another 11 of his Contractor colleagues. Needless to say he is sacked. I just hope none of his "mates" suffer from this. Fucking moron. I'm just glad I don't have any dealings face to face with that lot. Luckily they have their own Offices and Crew rooms, although it's caused a bit of a stir because the whole lot of them (more than 30 in total) had to isolate on the weekend waiting for their test results (11 positive ones) which meant the rest of us had to cover their work as well. 

17 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

A lot of people at our place are back on WFH. Cunts like me still have to work at "work" because I have to be at the Aircraft, but we have the thing with having to wear a mask whilst not sat at our desks. We also have Perspex screens now so each desk is almost boxed in. I found out one of the wankers here who is always saying Covid is a conspiracy was at an anti Vax/Mask demo in Leipzig on the weekend. I saw the pictures in the Newspaper, no fucker wearing masks, well I told him yesterday that if he comes within 5 meters of my desk he is going to get a stapler launched at his head.

We also found out last Friday that one of the English Contractors here came in to work with Covid Symptoms (turned out he actually had it) and passed it on to another 11 of his Contractor colleagues. Needless to say he is sacked. I just hope none of his "mates" suffer from this. Fucking moron. I'm just glad I don't have any dealings face to face with that lot. Luckily they have their own Offices and Crew rooms, although it's caused a bit of a stir because the whole lot of them (more than 30 in total) had to isolate on the weekend waiting for their test results (11 positive ones) which meant the rest of us had to cover their work as well. 

Why is the fact he’s English relevant? Out of interest?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

I reckon once all this is over I'm going to keep on wearing a mask, Japanese style

mainly so that I can keep on doing this at people in waitrose

f82KBwO.gif

16 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Possibly highlighting the fact that lots of English, when abroad, act like cocks.

And if that’s the case that will be his answer? I just wasn’t sure what the relevance was or if as you pointed out it was a generalisation about the behaviour of the English.