Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Sweep said:

532 deaths today, grim.

Post weekend bump. Monday is often lower, but Tuesday catches up.

Wouldn't worry unless it continues.

General trend is as expected though. Would expect a couple of weeks or so until deaths start to plateau/drop as cases maybe be doing now.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Does that mean potentially more work for teachers?

couldn't give a monkeys about more work, the kids actually know what's going on there..

We're spending a lot of time preparing kids for exams that might not even happen, it's a waste

Government spending £43bn on this ‘moonshot testing system’, that’s not far off the cost of running every single secondary school for a year, madness 

Do they not read the papers, a vaccine is due in a few weeks, everyone’s got the brochures out ready to book a holiday, that sort of money could send every man, women and child away for a week AI with Traff tours 

Boris Johnson’s ‘moonshot’ testing scheme to cost £43 billion

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prime-minister-s-moonshot-coronavirus-testing-scheme-to-cost-43-billion-mkj8rqwj2

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Government spending £43bn on this ‘moonshot testing system’, that’s not far off the cost of running every single secondary school for a year, madness 

Do they not read the papers, a vaccine is due in a few weeks, everyone’s got the brochures out ready to book a holiday, that sort of money could send every man, women and child away for a week AI with Traff tours 

Boris Johnson’s ‘moonshot’ testing scheme to cost £43 billion

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prime-minister-s-moonshot-coronavirus-testing-scheme-to-cost-43-billion-mkj8rqwj2

Have you not learnt anything? The Corbyn magic money tree has been gilded in gold leaf to offer even more riches.

To he fair, they are trying their best to keep the economy going but we are a service based economy which is why we are hit more badly than the rest of the EU or the world in the main.

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I'd even do group discounts 😉

Guest Nordkurve
14 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Why is the fact he’s English relevant? Out of interest?

Are you Natasha Whittam ? It might not be relevant, but then ask that question every single time someone then mentions any Nationality in every other Topic on this forum. I mentioned it because I am English, and it embarrasses me that another English person was the only one to ignore the fucking rules here in the Company I work for.

7 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Have you not learnt anything? The Corbyn magic money tree has been gilded in gold leaf to offer even more riches.

To he fair, they are trying their best to keep the economy going but we are a service based economy which is why we are hit more badly than the rest of the EU or the world in the main.

Tbf Corbyn promised to spend a shit load without anyone paying anymore, tyat was the magic bit. Raising enough from the top 5% was pie in the sky  

This lot are already talking about heavy tax roses across the board once we are on an even keel. Only so much money you can take out of peoples pockets without hurting the economy further though. Spending cuts will also be required 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Interesting stuff, the Tier 3 graphs would have more resonance if they were all to the same scale, of course. That way you could see which areas were improving fastest, although all of them look promising.

The Lancaster, Rossendale and Burnley data would be pretty much flat-lined if written to the same scale as Manchester. Scaremongering maybe in order to make a point?

9 hours ago, only1swanny said:

couldn't give a monkeys about more work, the kids actually know what's going on there..

We're spending a lot of time preparing kids for exams that might not even happen, it's a waste

And that's what is wrong with education. You should be teaching not prepping them for exams.  

12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The Lancaster, Rossendale and Burnley data would be pretty much flat-lined if written to the same scale as Manchester. Scaremongering maybe in order to make a point?

% of population would be a better graph, perhaps?

• Site Supporter

Linda Lusardi is on the telly saying she won’t take the vaccine because it’s not been tested enough and the science is unreliable.

<Checks Linda’s scientific credentials - she spent 15 years getting her knockers out in the paper>

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Linda Lusardi is on the telly saying she won’t take the vaccine because it’s not been tested enough and the science is unreliable.

<Checks Linda’s scientific credentials - she spent 15 years getting her knockers out in the paper>

And attending parties where men paid sums of money to sniff untested white powder off said knockers to which Linda would have undoubtedly partaken 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

And that's what is wrong with education. You should be teaching not prepping them for exams.  

Alongside the obvious teaching 😛 

I don't teacher year 11 this year, But I do have a form, and they spend a lot of time in form on revision skills etc. 

I reckon GCSE's in England will get pulled soon, as it's not really fair that other 16 year olds in the UK will get results based on centre assessed grades. 

Currently through I'm sat at home awaiting a coronavirus test result for me and my lad. Lad came down with a bad cough yesterday so had to get him tested, I took the test as i wanted him to see it didn't hurt and tbh as I've had a bad head all week, worth testing. Mrs Swanny is in Bolton Hospital atm, and has had 5 tests this week !

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

Wasn't the daft bint on TV six months back moaning about how it nearly killed her?

Anyway, good luck to the anti vaxxers, more vaccines for normal folk. 

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely not many are arsed about wearing a mask 

If 5m doses do land this side of Xmas, with more coming January and February then we should be able to open up businesses aligned with tier 1 / 2 restrictions in December with further loosening early next year 

Should certainly be looking at opening football stadiums with reduced capacity this side of Spring 

Struggle like crazy wearing a mask. Feels like I have a piece of card in front of my face, really hard to explain, but I can't concentrate or focus. I do have a lanyard explaining, and the professional diagnosis to go with it in my car. 

I wear one in busy places and in work as I feel that if I'm telling kids to wear one, I should be doing. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

An interesting point. Apart from revision lessons (going over previous material), I dont recall any specifically preparation for exams.

Just went home and revised. We developed our own methods to suit.

Now they're doing revision planners and god knows what. Is there not too much structure around this, give the kids the academic information, and maybe some tips, but allow them to prepare in a way which best fits them?

No wonder they all talk about stress.

Anyway, I hope they don't get cancelled in England, but if they do, then so be it.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Absolutely tremendous.

Bet boz is dying to say this haha

What's he saying?

Edit: Haha just found a translation:

"I regret the deaths. I really do. But we’re all going to die someday. There’s no use fleeing reality,” he said. “We have to stop being a country of fags… We have to face up to it and fight. I hate this faggot stuff.”

Edited by Cheese