Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators

Does it say anybody is getting it from anywhere in that chart

I understand it to be saying that positives have been in those places and folk who have been in at the same time have then be told to isolate

And if im right, no fucking shit sherlock

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

What surprises me is that Diver usually posts stuff that suggests we’re being hoodwinked.

That is a change of tack

Nah, the point will no one is catching it in pubs or restaurants so why shut them

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Nah, the point will no one is catching it in pubs or restaurants so why shut them

I see

I want the boozers open as much as the next man, but if they’re riddled with COVID, the answer is obvious.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Seems a bold move to be announcing Christmas restrictions tomorrow when the last set of announcements saw us change tiers three times in two days or whatever it was. 

Most things will be shut anyway

My guess is They'll offer rule of six or two households allowed to mix from 24th to 27th or something

Then for NYE

And if we have lockdown or tier 3 till then, probably won't make much difference

Edited by ZicoKelly

25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Some SAGE member this morning saying that mass vaccination won’t be till next summer and for every day relaxed over xmas could result in 5 days extra lockdown

lets see what the big man says tomorrow, tiers not announced till Thursday 

Depends how you define max vaccinations  I suppose. I reckon I'll be putting needles in arms my Christmas. 

39 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Some SAGE member this morning saying that mass vaccination won’t be till next summer and for every day relaxed over xmas could result in 5 days extra lockdown

lets see what the big man says tomorrow, tiers not announced till Thursday 

It's a free world and I'm committed to free speech, but if I were in charge, I'd shut SAGE up.

• Moderators

Agreed

I also expect vax within 5 weeks

These SAGE wallahs have to be miserable but good god, its constant doom and gloom to justify more and more restrictions

We dont need everybody to have it

If all over 50s and fatties are sorted, thats more than enough

If this shit goes on beyond March, ill be a bit pissed off

Im not playing along beyond then, anyway

Enoughs enough

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Yon Muslims may feel hard done by

I'd say it's a bit shit that a turkey dinner is being put above both health and the economy.

No fun having a 'normal' Christmas and then spending January in ICU, or see businesses closed again.

2 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I'd say it's a bit shit that a turkey dinner is being put above both health and the economy.

No fun having a 'normal' Christmas and then spending January in ICU, or see businesses closed again.

I agree. If removing restrictions just to allow families to mix on Christmas Day undoes weeks of good work, then its fucking ludicrous. 

13 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Correct.

29 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

My guess is They'll offer rule of six or two households allowed to mix from 24th to 27th or something

Then for NYE

And if we have lockdown or tier 3 till then, probably won't make much difference

Whatever rules they come up with going to be impossible to make it work in lots of circumstances. 
We are a small family. Me missus her 2 kids( 22&18). Usually have her mum and brother plus his 2 kids at Xmas so 3 households. (BIL and MIL are bubbled so potentially 2) 

The kids will want/be expected to spend some time with their dad and his missus. Her vulnerable (mad) brother is with them. She has 2 grown kids who live away so they are at 3 household already. 4 if ours go. 
Step daughters b/f lives with us since start of pandemic. His parents are separated so he has 2 external households he might want/need to see. 
Yoof has a G/F whose parents live separately. So 2 extra households there. 
Other than some retrospective marital advice and sessions with Relate to cut down of number of parents who split up it is hard to see how we do not cross over into multiple households even by just one ‘degree of separation’.  
The BILs wife died a few years ago and he remarried this year so there is the added issue of her wanting rightly to see her wife. 
Just shows how complicated the whole thing is. Not sure if rules will be relaxed for reasons other than people will just do what they want so let them get on with it. 

47 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Then for NYE

Suggestion seems to be tier 3 which would leave restaurants open