Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

20 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Are you sure she's not lying about her age?

Everyone knows only old farts get it bad...

Everyone under that it's just like the sniffles - couple of duvet days, chicken soup and lemsips and us young-ish ones are right as ninepence.

In fact we should all actively seek to contract it - then we can all crack on.

😐

• Members
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

My ex best mate would give a very different story of what it can do to you. Not saying it’s all bad or preaching as I have no leg to stand on when it comes to drugs. But it ain’t totally harmless

Was weed the only contributing factor?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Can’t be

Covid only affects pensioners

Actually, only 85 plus with fucked lungs or such like.

My cousin is in her 30's and isn't well at all from it (small, probably a 32a). She has come out in a blotchy rash all over which is weird. Probably some kind of immune response. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Actually, only 85 plus with fucked lungs or such like.

My cousin is in her 30's and isn't well at all from it (small, probably a 32a). She has come out in a blotchy rash all over which is weird. Probably some kind of immune response. 

She’s been listening to advice off here and rubbing herself with a balloon 

Both right Spider, Winchester - it 'gets' solely...

Coffin-Dodgers who were about 46 seconds from shaking hands with The Reaper - Covid or no Covid.

Follow Johnson's example and get it on purpose, the sooner we've all had it the sooner we can enjoy a proper pint again.

It'll be twatted - a bloke in the erm...off-licence told me having it guarantees immunity, there's no long-term health consequences and its vowed not to do a Trump and that instead it'll leave us with dignity, promising it won't mutate.

Get it - Got it - Crack On!

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Both right Spider, Winchester - it 'gets'...

Coffin-Dodgers who were about 46 seconds from shaking hands with The Reaper - Covid or no Covid.

Follow Johnson's example and get it on purpose, the sooner we've all had it the sooner we can enjoy a proper pint again.

It'll be twatted - a bloke in the erm...off-licence told me having it guarantees immunity, there's no long-term health consequences and its vowed not to do a Trump and leave us with dignity, promising it won't mutate.

I've had it twice already.

Temperature hit 45 degress first time round.

Drank through it both times.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Both right Spider, Winchester - it 'gets' solely...

It'll be twatted - a bloke in the erm...off-licence told me having it guarantees immunity, there's no long-term health consequences and its vowed not to do a Trump and that instead it'll leave us with dignity, promising it won't mutate.

I’ve been eating pangolin and bat for years in preparation for such an event, I am immune to it now.

Might be the Lockdown Perla that’s batted it away though 

@Spider

I had it - I just upped my intake of Guinness Original.

Lost my appetite so lived on pickled Jalapenos, Dairylea or Laughing Cow triangles and Carrs Cheese & Jalapeno Pasties.

Oh aye, Salt and Vinager KP too.

My temp was 56c.

But I ate my lobby as a kid, covered in pickled red cabbage and/or beetroot - this set me for life, constitution-wise.

I shrugged it off in about two days and now I'm cracking on.

And obvs I don't need a mask anymore.

• Site Supporter

One thing that worries me about this whole shitstorm is our utter reliance on what was 'normal'. How do we go back to 'normal' now?

There are plenty folk about quite happy and willing to kill old people to allow us to make money again, not literally by strangling them by their socks but you get my drift.

But how do we in the western world get over this pandemic and prepare for the next one? Those in the east are much better placed to beat them, either through wielding doors shut like Chiina or just not being a entitled nobheads like the Japanese or even most of Asia.

They have protected their economies AND their old folk. What have we done in comparison?

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

One thing that worries me about this whole shitstorm is our utter reliance on what was 'normal'. How do we go back to 'normal' now?

There are plenty folk about quite happy and willing to kill old people to allow us to make money again, not literally by strangling them by their socks but you get my drift.

But how do we in the western world get over this pandemic and prepare for the next one? Those in the east are much better placed to beat them, either through wielding doors shut like Chiina or just not being a entitled nobheads like the Japanese or even most of Asia.

They have protected their economies AND their old folk. What have we done in comparison?

I don’t think anyone is willing to kill old people, it’s just that plenty are unwilling to flush large chunks of the economy down the toilet for what could have been years 

In one of the press conferences recently one of the advisors (think it was Whitty) said that if the Vaccine wasn’t so close then they wouldn’t have been recommending another lockdown. As a strategy it’s becomes less and less sustainable the longer the pandemic goes on. You’d end up in a place where you have no finances left to fund a health service as we know it so the damage becomes worse than the virus (we could well be close to that point anyway) 

I think most supported lockdown 1, less so for lockdown 2. If it went into another year or even two then I think you’d have found public opinion would have been less and less supportive of multiple lockdowns as it went on. They knew this in March when they talked about lockdown fatigue 

If we have another one in our lifetime you’d think we would be much better prepared. The Far East countries are well drilled so got out the blocks quick and very decisively. They also benefited from having much greater power over their people (the ability to track people using mobile data etc). We had to create a lot of laws from scratch and rush them through 

Although god forbid we have another one in our lifetime, worst of all imagine if it was like the Spanish Flu that attacked middle age people. In many ways we have been lucky that with Covid the vulnerable groups generally aren’t the key workers who we need to run the country in lockdown (health workers, food production, utilities etc). If a Spanish Flu came along then who the fuck would keep everything going, we’d all starve to death long before the virus got us 

Edited by birch-chorley