Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

34 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My old mans back operation been bought forward to 21 December. My Mum is in for radiotherapy today. 

Do we have to isolate coming out of hospital nowdays?

Might they vaccinate him whilst he’s in as well?

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My old mans back operation been bought forward to 21 December. My Mum is in for radiotherapy today. 

Do we have to isolate coming out of hospital nowdays?

I'd make sure they get tested at least if they want to be sure 

Most i know who caught it got it in hospital going in for something else

5 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Restrictions are being relaxed for 4 or 5 days, when I say relaxed it’s hardly a free for all is it 

Meanwhile the vast majority of building sites that have been open throughout (even during lockdown 1) will be shut 

Most other factories and workplaces that have been open throughout will also be closed 

Schools, nurseries and colleges that have been open for months will be shut 

The transport system that’s been open all the way through will be closed for at least two days, with very few travellers on the other days 

Supermarkets will be closed for the first day since Easter Sunday 

Non essential shops will be shut at least for Xmas day, most on Boxing Day also 

The vast majority of pubs and restaurants won’t be open at all 

Yet 3 households mixing for a few days will cause thousands more infections than the previous week when a lot of the above was open? Complete bollocks if you ask me! 

I don't think that logic holds water. You can carry the virus for over a week, so workplaces being shut for a couple of days won't make much difference in stopping that transmission.

What you're adding is a mass of people moving to different parts of the country to stay at close quarters with folk who don't live with them. And then travelling back home.

8 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I don't think that logic holds water. You can carry the virus for over a week, so workplaces being shut for a couple of days won't make much difference in stopping that transmission.

What you're adding is a mass of people moving to different parts of the country to stay at close quarters with folk who don't live with them. And then travelling back home.

I don’t think your logic holds water 

Its literally a couple of days where a hell of a lot of points of transmission will be closed, it should more than off set the additional transmission in home by a couple of bubbles merging 

It’s a sample of 1 but in my bubble me and the wife work from home, our two kids go into nursery every day and mix with 50 others without any social distancing (under 4 you have no chance). Our support bubble includes my Mum and sister (live together), both teaching assistants at different schools mixing with hundreds of kids every day. 

For 4 days over Xmas we will mix with another bubble. On the whole our interactions are massively reduced as schools and nursery’s are closed. If you apply the same thinking I’m sure many households will be in the same boat, especially if kids are involved. 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well????

What fucking tier are we in?

This government springs more leaks than kerplunk but suddenly they clam up.

Ive got pub chains and a gazillion hotels waiting on announcement. 

The whole hospitality industry waiting to order barrells of beer and turkeys by the lorry load.

What complete fuck up this all is.

This decision shoulve been made a week ago at least. 

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well????

What fucking tier are we in?

This government springs more leaks than kerplunk but suddenly they clam up.

Burnham seems to be setting the narrative of Greater Manchester being split again, citing Tameside, Stockport and Trafford as being much lower than the rest. The cynic in me says they'll leave it as late as possible, stick the whole of GM in to tier 2 as our "reward" but leaves fuck all time for any businesses to take advantage, whilst simultaneously removing any commitment of Government support. 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

The whole hospitality industry waiting to order barrells of beer and turkeys by the lorry load.

I'm in the camp of waiting to see whether I've got to deal with a 2,000 football crowd this weekend.

25 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I don’t think your logic holds water 

Its literally a couple of days where a hell of a lot of points of transmission will be closed, it should more than off set the additional transmission in home by a couple of bubbles merging 

It’s a sample of 1 but in my bubble me and the wife work from home, our two kids go into nursery every day and mix with 50 others without any social distancing (under 4 you have no chance). Our support bubble includes my Mum and sister (live together), both teaching assistants at different schools mixing with hundreds of kids every day. 

For 4 days over Xmas we will mix with another bubble. On the whole our interactions are massively reduced as schools and nursery’s are closed. If you apply the same thinking I’m sure many households will be in the same boat, especially if kids are involved. 

There's a reason the quarantine period is 10 days and not five or lower. Anyone who was has it on the 24th when their workplace closes will still have it when they go back in on the 27th. There's no transmission being broken there. It's not offsetting anything.

Pick a bubble and all quarantine together for a mandatory 10 days, would fit with what your saying. But it isn't that - you can travel length of the country, stay a couple of nights with two extra households, then travel back and head into work the next day. There's no way that's doing anything other than aiding the spread of the virus.

Edited by Tombwfc

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

MEN saying no changes in tiers to be made just minor alterations 

Peston on TV last night suggested that nobody would be "going down" in Tiers, with the most likely thing that people stay as they are, or get pushed up from T2 to T3

I've said it a few times, I reckon we'll pretty much all be in T3, I can't see anybody even being allowed to stay in T2, and that'll last until around 6th January, before they review again.

58 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can’t see Lancashire changing. What’s happening to Lancashire & greater manchester is shocking, especially while Liverpool is in tier 2. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

25 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Peston on TV last night suggested that nobody would be "going down" in Tiers, with the most likely thing that people stay as they are, or get pushed up from T2 to T3

I've said it a few times, I reckon we'll pretty much all be in T3, I can't see anybody even being allowed to stay in T2, and that'll last until around 6th January, before they review again.

Is that the next review 6th jan?

just breaking news tier 3 Manchester 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Burnham did make a decent suggestion earlier- use some of this returned supermarket tax rebate to fund pubs etc in tier 3 more fully.

Maybe too late for some but yes good shout 

34 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No, should be tier 2 unless hospitals are struggling to cope. Burnham & Lancashire leader should have been fighting for tier 2, Burnham was asking for tier 3 recently, utter tit.

Aye, it's Burnham who's your problem.