Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Mate of mine just had test results back today - he's positive, which means he has to isolate for the next 10 days, which takes him over the Christmas break obviously, so he's had to cancel his Parents coming round on Xmas day.......his Mrs is most dischuffed, as she reckons he caught it at a work meeting in London a few days ago, as all 6 in the meeting have tested positive

16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

We've already had exactly that situation a couple of months ago. And it might as well be that way in border areas - as posted earlier, our Christmas Day meal was booked at a restaurant not 100 yards over the border between Leigh and Warrington. They're open, but we aren't allowed to go

The rules don't say you can't go do they? They just advise you shouldn't.

25 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We'll see early January, but I'd expect we'll see a massive spike, I know you disagree, because everywhere is shut, but I'm convinced once all the students are at home, they'll start spreading it.

Even though workplaces and hospitality are closed, I'm not convinced that's where the problem is, I think it's kids and students spreading it now. And in a few days time, they'll potentially be mixing with more people than they would be doing under todays restrictions

I agree on the kids bit, However of the 12m kids in education, 10m of them are in Nursery, Primary, secondary and 6th form education. Their potential for transmission should dramatically reduce for the 2 weeks over Xmas as they are at home 

The other 2m are in higher education, some living at home anyway, others living away. Whilst the ones living away travelling home could bring Covid with them that should be more than off set by the 10m+ who are now at a vastly reduced risk of transmission as they aren’t in school 

28 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Seems the government is able to split areas in the South of England into different tiers,e.g. waverly. But it's unable to do so for the North of England. strange that. Does Hancock live in Waverly.??

Its about numbers, movement etc not just about borough borders. 

London shouldn't have been in tier 2, and Gtr Manchester shouldn't either.

30 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I agree on the kids bit, However of the 12m kids in education, 10m of them are in Nursery, Primary, secondary and 6th form education. Their potential for transmission should dramatically reduce for the 2 weeks over Xmas as they are at home 

The other 2m are in higher education, some living at home anyway, others living away. Whilst the ones living away travelling home could bring Covid with them that should be more than off set by the 10m+ who are now at a vastly reduced risk of transmission as they aren’t in school 

We'll soon find out, I think the 5 day relaxation will send the numbers soaring, and you don't......I hope that you're right and I'm wrong

57 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Aye, but is there a point about city boroughs boundaries? Not say Leigh and Warrington, just in terms of simple numbers, commuting, offices, bars, demographics etc 

I don't think there's much of a foolproof solution in a country as small as ours, but they managed to put different areas of GM under different restrictions (including Bolton) the other month

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m convinced the government bending the truth on infection rates to justify higher tiers. 

Who knows, but I guess they can't bend the truth with regards to hospital admissions and deaths (can they?) - and they're still quite high across the country as a whole.

They would have been better off just saying "We don't want this second wave to continue and the hospitals be overwhelmed, especially when we're trying to roll out a vaccine, I know some won't like it, but that's tough, we're putting everybody in T3 until the New Year, and if there is another spike due to you fucking about during the 5 day relaxation period, then you'll all be in T3 until February you bunch of cunts.....and you can piss and moan as much as you want, you voted us in and asked us to run the country, and if you don't like it, you can vote us out in favour of that other shower of shit in a few years time" 😀

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Aye, Unicef has donated some money to feed vulnerable children in London and JRM is against that.

He probably knows we already have more than enough foodbanks in place already, and anybody going hungry is down purely to bad parenting

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Mate of mine just had test results back today - he's positive, which means he has to isolate for the next 10 days, which takes him over the Christmas break obviously, so he's had to cancel his Parents coming round on Xmas day.......his Mrs is most dischuffed, as she reckons he caught it at a work meeting in London a few days ago, as all 6 in the meeting have tested positive

No flies on her 😉 

54 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We'll soon find out, I think the 5 day relaxation will send the numbers soaring, and you don't......I hope that you're right and I'm wrong

I think it will as well. My mum and dad are coming down, and that's it - but that's a three family limit. Me and my partner, kids who live with their mum and my parents, still that feels like a bit of a risk. But those that are having xmas day with one set of parents, boxing day with another, the parents spending different days with sibilings - suddenly over the course of five days you could have 8/9 households mixing and still only have two families in the room at any one time.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think it will as well. My mum and dad are coming down, and that's it - but that's a three family limit. Me and my partner, kids who live with their mum and my parents, still that feels like a bit of a risk. But those that are having xmas day with one set of parents, boxing day with another, the parents spending different days with sibilings - suddenly over the course of five days you could have 8/9 households mixing and still only have two families in the room at any one time.

The limit is 3 families in total, not at any one time!