Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, anewman said:

Can’t believe the amount of selfish cunts whinging about pubs being shut. They’d rather have a day on the piss than try and save a life. Now it’s the governments fault, how come China seem to be walking away from all this Scot free??

You’ve spelled EVATT OUT wrong

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, anewman said:

Can’t believe the amount of selfish cunts whinging about pubs being shut. They’d rather have a day on the piss than try and save a life. Now it’s the governments fault, how come China seem to be walking away from all this Scot free??

Agree, though I think more money for the businesses affected is required.

30 minutes ago, anewman said:

China and the Scots? They in it together? 

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree, though I think more money for the businesses affected is required.

Place I work for supply and fit out pubs,restaurants etc

So to say they are struggling is an understatement 

Before this covid happened about 65 people worked their now down to 12

36 minutes ago, anewman said:

Off topic a bit but when you came into the shop a few weeks ago did you know that the other bloke stood next to you with a mask on was Peter Kay? 😊

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Place I work for supply and fit out pubs,restaurants etc

So to say they are struggling is an understatement 

Before this covid happened about 65 people worked their now down to 12

Won't those employees be on furlough?

Difficulty I suppose is that not every business is going to be protected fully. 

Pubs themselves obviously have overheads which aren't being covered by payments. 

Are you managing enough business to at least cover overheads with a reduced workforce, with the hope that the people will be back later?

Do you qualify for any assistance?

Yes everyone was on furlough but when companies had to start paying a % of wages they layed them off only then for the government to extend furlough 

We are scraping by doing the odd small private re-furb and also been told off the main breweries they will start spending in April so hopefully we can see this through and reap the benefits come April 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Saying its now rising in every nhs region- whats our figures?

Reckon the Christmas thing is going to be reduced. 

This new strain may be to blame. Some virologist on telly earlier saying it may have mutated and whilst not any more deadly, it can connect to the protein spikes much more easily.

I don’t know what that means in reality but this woman said the best thing we can do is avoid each other as though we were all on fire.