Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I agree, problem at our place is majority are saying they won't have the vaccine

Perhaps the government ought to provide a certificate of compliance. Without it, you’re going nowhere in public. No football, no pubs, no shopping centres, nothing. That’d soon sort the doubters.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Perhaps the government ought to provide a certificate of compliance. Without it, you’re going nowhere in public. No football, no pubs, no shopping centres, nothing. That’d soon sort the doubters.

Too much like common sense that.

I keep getting the Thalidomide argument thrown at me. Fuck sake that was nearly as distant as the second world war.

Council is running scared of people taking the piss, and I can see why to be fair.

• Members
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Aren’t the welsh doing that?

Some interesting debates going on down here where second home owners have descended en masse. Do the local Tier 1 pubs and restaurants who can make a killing serve them as they should be abiding by Tier 4 rules.

There will be Waitrose home delivery van tailbacks at St Ives and Rock making Dover look normal 

For me this one is very simple. It won’t happen but the police should have the power to evict anyone found to be living in their second home. And fine them very very heavily. Could there be anything more selfish and arrogant? 

My father in law is not a wealthy man but just over a year ago he used every penny he’s got to buy a very small chalet in the coastal town where he used to take my wife for her childhood holidays. He has visited once this year to make sure everything is ok. With the way his health is right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if he never gets to use it with his grandkids.

And we wonder why we can’t get this under control.

1 hour ago, green genie said:

Some interesting debates going on down here where second home owners have descended en masse. Do the local Tier 1 pubs and restaurants who can make a killing serve them as they should be abiding by Tier 4 rules.

There will be Waitrose home delivery van tailbacks at St Ives and Rock making Dover look normal

moving like that, is it even allowed? Even if it is, they should self-isolate until a negative test. 

33 minutes ago, wiggy said:

For me this one is very simple. It won’t happen but the police should have the power to evict anyone found to be living in their second home. And fine them very very heavily. Could there be anything more selfish and arrogant? 

My father in law is not a wealthy man but just over a year ago he used every penny he’s got to buy a very small chalet in the coastal town where he used to take my wife for her childhood holidays. He has visited once this year to make sure everything is ok. With the way his health is right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if he never gets to use it with his grandkids.

And we wonder why we can’t get this under control.

Are they wavering council tax on second homes then?

Would seem very strange to ban people from living in their second homes but still expecting them to pay tax on it  

18 hours ago, Ani said:

Just had to take step daughter for a test after one of her clients tested positive. 

Right I am one of the first to say what a farce all this ......but......

Was told her client had had a positive test at 1pm yesterday, booked a test in Bradford at 2:30pm got there, had to queue for about 10 mins but were seen did test about 2:00 pm. Took about 5 minutes we went in the ‘someone does test for you’ queue. 
Text and Email today at 8:10 am all clear. 
To be fair that is pretty good. 

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Backed up by NIC’s post about his daughter?

seems to stack up doesn't it, if true, then no way are they sending kids back to school in January

@Spider "Operation Hibernation" is about to come into effect, if only they'd listened to him 2 months ago 

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

Right I am one of the first to say what a farce all this ......but......

Was told her client had had a positive test at 1pm yesterday, booked a test in Bradford at 2:30pm got there, had to queue for about 10 mins but were seen did test about 2:00 pm. Took about 5 minutes we went in the ‘someone does test for you’ queue. 
Text and Email today at 8:10 am all clear. 
To be fair that is pretty good. 

That is good, but after nearly 10 months of the virus being known about, it's no more than we should expect really. 

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

seems to stack up doesn't it, if true, then no way are they sending kids back to school in January

@Spider "Operation Hibernation" is about to come into effect, if only they'd listened to him 2 months ago 

But let’s get just get on with it. Hardline enforcement get everyone off the streets and let’s get this sorted 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Are they wavering council tax on second homes then?

Would seem very strange to ban people from living in their second homes but still expecting them to pay tax on it  

I would think at times like this, wavering council tax on 2nd homes isn't very high on any local councils agenda. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

But let’s get just get on with it. Hardline enforcement get everyone off the streets and let’s get this sorted 

Indeed.

The hardest of lockdowns

Every cunt wants to diet in january anyway. 

No excuses. All channels to broadcast an hour of aerobics for an hour a day at 10am. 

Get the nation free of covid, a few pounds lighter and raring to go for Brexit.

We'll be the envy of the world.