Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I work in an office with 400 staff. Everyday we get reports of how many people have symptoms/positive test/negative tests.

Are they closing the office - NO

Do I expect them to close the office - NO

Has anyone died - NO

People need to get a grip.

400??

Fuck me, do you sell penny stocks?

The Wolf Of Wall Street: How Accurate Was The Film's Depiction Of Jordan  Belfort's Life? - CINEMABLEND

46 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I work in an office with 400 staff. Everyday we get reports of how many people have symptoms/positive test/negative tests.

Are they closing the office - NO

Do I expect them to close the office - NO

Has anyone died - NO

People need to get a grip.

Office with 400 people? In one room? Bollocks you have.

I'm guessing it's fancy as fuck, spread out over multiple floors,  air conned up to the max and you've all got lovely office desk pod efforts, all nicely socially distant.

Now imagine cramming 30 snotty little bastards in a room not much bigger than my living room. Replace said snotty little bastards with another 30 snotty little bastards every hour. All day. All week.

Not really the same is it?

I can see why Swanny is thinking, 'fuck that'.

49 minutes ago, Spider said:

2 million doses a week with Oxford vacc.

That should get all vulnerables done by mid February?

Restrictions eased end of Jan, surely?

Three weeks after vaccination to be protected I think. 
AZ said 2 m a week by mid Jan. 

‘So Mr Hancock if we have 2m per week , how many people do we need to administer the vaccine and how many do we have ready?’ 

It should be pretty simple. You can give say 12 vaccine in a hour , work 8 hours a day that is 96 per day. So let’s say 500 per week. So we need 4000 people every day administering jabs. Assume one other person doing admin  so 8000 people. Is that in place? 

Then a similar sum for distribution. If Amazon can deliver 23 parcels a day to my house getting the vaccine out in the right numbers is presumably doable. 

Need to allow for people being ill, off work etc. But a simple resourcing plan rather than saying it is a logistical nightmare and a monumental challenge is what is needed. JVT said something the other day that it would be unacceptable for the vaccine not to be shipped as soon as it comes in which might imply he sees an issue coming. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I'm guessing it's fancy as fuck, spread out over multiple floors,  air conned up to the max and you've all got lovely office desk pod efforts, all nicely socially distant.

Now imagine cramming 30 snotty little bastards in a room not much bigger than my living room. Replace said snotty little bastards with another 30 snotty little bastards every hour. All day. All week.

400 over 4 floors

No air con

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Spider said:

Nah

If - and it's a big if with this lot - they can get 2 mill a week done, then there's no reason not to start lifting restrictions.

I'm happy with a 4 week, balls out lockdown as long as it's the last one.

2 million a week

30 weeks or 60 if you need 2 doses

We will still be under these restrictions in 2022

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

My old place had 1500 and yes its was all socially distanced, in pods etc and still folk worked at home.

Loads in our place are now having to take two weeks off as they've got real little ones so they just can't work at home with two under 6s.

I've taken until Wednesday off now to sort out arrangements so the five of us can work from home and set a timetable between me and the other half. Got a morning tomorrow of rearranging meetings, deadlines etc

Now, if we'd have known a week or so ago it would have been helpful.

Also had a little one in tears last night about not going back to school, again all avoidable if we'd had enough time to plan and let them know what is happening. Its hard enough for kids, changing plans late in the day does not help. I'm still annoyed that the government refused to get ahead of the inevitable on this. 

57 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Not yet. And if you've got 400 people working in an office then it sounds like you've been very lucky. Perhaps much luckier than the people that these 400 staff have passed it on to.

Indeed.

It is amazing that there are still people around saying crack on.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Horwich said:

2 million a week

30 weeks or 60 if you need 2 doses

We will still be under these restrictions in 2022

We only need to get the at risk groups vaccinated though. First dose provides enough immunity to lower risk of serious illness.

Think that's around 8 million.

So 2 months. 3 tops. 

There'll be some restrictions, but get the 8 million done and we can get to near normal - everything open, back to stadiums etc..

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

We only need to get the at risk groups vaccinated though. First dose provides enough immunity to lower risk of serious illness.

Think that's around 8 million.

So 2 months. 3 tops. 

There'll be some restrictions, but get the 8 million done and we can get to near normal - everything open, back to stadiums etc..

Think the 8m is nearer 15m. 

But 12 weeks. Get 24m injected, if nothing else that should nearly half currently level of infections. The slight flaw in your argument is that the vulnerable relates to deaths. More and more stories of younger folk needing hospital beds. 

13 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I like the optimism on here, but I fear it might need to be preceeded by the word blind, we are still are very early stages.

Deaths and hospitalisations should drop off one the vaccine is offering protection.

Then we’ll soon find out whether those vaccinated are carriers/spreaders.

Too early to jump to conclusions about dates.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, wiggy said:

So are you not working in your open office then? If you are then surely you have an idea of whether everyone is there or not.....

I dont go round counting who is working and who is not. 
My point is that the office is still open, maybe not at full capacity. 

Schools should be the same

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Deaths and hospitalisations should drop off one the vaccine is offering protection.

Then we’ll soon find out whether those vaccinated are carriers/spreaders.

Too early to jump to conclusions about dates.

Indeed, thats what we all hope, but did you heard Hancock on the Today programme? There will be no huge changes in Feb. 

13 minutes ago, Horwich said:

So you agree schools should also be partially closed as well ? 

Are you socially distanced in the office ? 

48 minutes ago, Ani said:

It should be pretty simple. You can give say 12 vaccine in a hour , work 8 hours a day that is 96 per day. So let’s say 500 per week. So we need 4000 people every day administering jabs. Assume one other person doing admin  so 8000 people. Is that in place? 

It's nowhere near as simple as that. 

15 minutes ago, Horwich said:

See the latest covid numbers.

The new variants are spreading faster.

The only way to reduce numbers effectively is with temporary school closures.

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

It's nowhere near as simple as that. 

Why not ? 

I am simplifying the process but the maths should be simple. It might be you can do 4 an hour but the maths to work out the resource is that simple. 

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

Why not ? 

I am simplifying the process but the maths should be simple. It might be you can do 4 an hour but the maths to work out the resource is that simple. 

Have you ever dealt with the nhs on a professional level mate?

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

Why not ? 

A health leader said at the weekend "There is no magic pile of nurses " to staff the Nightingale hospitals.There are similar problems regards vaccinations