Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Traf said:

Do they all work at Timpsons?

Last time, due to some very blurred messages, many manufacturing businesses closed their doors for a while due to the confusion and while getting prepped up with ppe and distancing

This time, we are all wiser and people in manufacturing will be cracking on

Id say a couple who are going to be working through should be able to get their kids into school

Imo, they need the option more than say a copper with a non working partner

5 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Just a couple of pillars and you avoid council tax. Youri will confirms re his neighbours when he sobers up on Thursday 🙂 

I drank, in total, a George Best-esque fifteen cans of Guinness Draft and four McEwans Export over the Christmas fortnight...

Next door's empty atm.

Next door at my pied-a-terre is a whitey, not long moved in, an ex-colleague as it happens.

I'm pretty sure that's an urban myth anyway.

54 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Gove doing the rounds this morning, says the Feb review will be about vaccination programme not restrictions lifted they will be progressively lifted end of March.

Blimey

As many have already said, even on this thread. No idea were people were thinking in 6 to 8 weeks this will be all over or the lockdown will be totally over.

As I said the roll out will be rapid, but it will be a slow ongoing process and I don't expect any sort of real normality until early autumn. Easter is not going to give much more joy, hopefully the lifting of restrictions on non essential shops and possibly primary schools. 

Its not exactly news or soothsaying this stuff. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Seems a lot more businesses are staying open this time round than last March...

Thats cos last time the media/govt fucked up the message

I predict that while manufacturing ploughs on, the numbers won't fall as we would all like

So a summary of what Gove has been saying this morning. We have done 1m vaccinations so far. We have millions of vaccines available to use right now. From February we hope to be doing 2m vaccinations a week. Pretty obvious we won’t have 14m vaccinations done by the middle of February as promised. Why make these promises then? But better that we have vaccines available to use than not having them at all I guess.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, boltondiver said:

2. Don’t know, but I think they did in March

ours, so presume all, shut down late March till June

we chose to send ours back in July

massive sigh of releif from us that they stayed open this time (for now)

can still do PT stuff down the park

all eyes now on business and see how it affects clients and their willingness to spend this time, but with an end in sight this time, should be ok

just got to keep them nurseries open...

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I've texted Bojo to let him know I can replace Gavin Williamson as of now and start work straight away with regards to the issuing of the summer 2022 exam grades.

.... no reply yet, apparently he's busy fluffing up his hair, according to Mick Brown.

And practising his ums and ahhs, whilst reciting Latin verbs because he terribly clever, the fucking dollop of shite.

Edited by mickbrown

Just been for a run. Schools might be closed but everything else the same as yesterday. Building sites full of tradesmen pretty much cuddling.  Garage full of vans of workmen picking up their monster on the way to the building sites. Estate agents, florists and dry cleaners all now essential services. Roads packed. I am not judging but this is not a lockdown

6 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Just been for a run. Schools might be closed but everything else the same as yesterday. Building sites full of tradesmen pretty much cuddling.  Garage full of vans of workmen picking up their monster on the way to the building sites. Estate agents, florists and dry cleaners all now essential services. Roads packed. I am not judging but this is not a lockdown

The dog groomers in our village is open, apparently that's an essential service. I can't get my hair cut, but the dog can get his done 😀

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

The dog groomers in our village is open, apparently that's an essential service. I can't get my hair cut, but the dog can get his done 😀

I always thought the dog groomer cut yours anyway.

8 minutes ago, wiggy said:

It doesn't start until midnight tonight.