Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

32 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Sir Kier says free Jimmy Saville 

https://fullfact.org/online/keir-starmer-prosecute-jimmy-savile/

A better source ^ than 'The Sun'...

Who even buys it these days when it's sans seins à la page trois?

Fucking hogwash for folk with a reading age of eleven.

And those with an irrational dislike of Scousers.

Question a thought came to me whilst walking the dog. 

Everyone wants to pull together to get as many people as possible protected ASAP to run alongside the vaccine process could we not also run anti body tests so if you have already had the virus and are producing anti bodies you do not get the vaccine as soon. 
Lots of reports of current infection levels being through the roof but if we are planning to vaccinate everyone seems we will be vaccinating people who are safer before others. 
I know this makes a logistical nightmare even harder but based on 70k there should be millions who already had it. 
There was a lot of talk about kits to identify this at the start but seems to have gone quiet. Were they unreliable ? 

So as not upset NIC I am NOT saying this is a plan just pondering a thought. I know having had the virus does not mean you can not get it again for sure but does seem to make sense that presence of anti bodies would reduce risk. Based on 70k deaths and 0.5 % death rate you could have 14m people with anti bodies so we ‘only’ have 46m to vaccinate. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Everyone wants to pull together to get as many people as possible protected ASAP to run alongside the vaccine process could we not also run anti body tests so if you have already had the virus and are producing anti bodies you do not get the vaccine as soon. 
Lots of reports of current infection levels being through the roof but if we are planning to vaccinate everyone seems we will be vaccinating people who are safer before others. 
I know this makes a logistical nightmare even harder but based on 70k there should be millions who already had it. 
There was a lot of talk about kits to identify this at the start but seems to have gone quiet. Were they unreliable ? 

So as not upset NIC I am NOT saying this is a plan just pondering a thought. I know having had the virus does not mean you can not get it again for sure but does seem to make sense that presence of anti bodies would reduce risk. Based on 70k deaths and 0.5 % death rate you could have 14m people with anti bodies so we ‘only’ have 46m to vaccinate. 

Makes sense I suppose.

For example, we had Covid at the end of October. The missus had her Pfizer jab just before Christmas and was due the 2nd one next week but that has been pushed back now they spacing at 12 weeks.

She must have some immunity to it so maybe her jab could have been given to someone else? Maybe too complicated, I dunno. Anyway, by the time she has the 2nd jab she should be riddled with Covid antibodies!

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Ani said:

Not for me

Why waste time and resources on testing, and subsequent administration. More stuff to go wrong. 

If possible, resources would be better spent of expanding manufacturing capacity of the virus.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

After reading that....again, he isn't exonerated of blame, in fact he comes out of it quite badly.

Its a funny one this. I'm happy to except that the top person in any organisation cant know everything that goes on.

That also applies to the pm. Can't know every detail of negotiations during brexit, nor every detail of science that leads to decisions made by ministers etc.

Delegation has to come into it.

However, it doesn't stop Starmer using his electioneering slogan about 'leadership' at every opportunity. Works both ways doesn't it?

The only reason to blame Starmer for anything to do with this is political bias. 

He was not involved in the decision making process. 

Subsequently he instigated an investigation into what happened and apologised for the short fallings in his department. 

55 minutes ago, Ani said:

You’ve been told to stop with your fag packet math and that you have no idea what’s going on so should just stay out of it and say nothing. Now do as you’re told 😃😁

Edited by Escobarp

Just now, Escobarp said:

You’ve been told to stop with your gag packet math and that you have no idea what’s going on so should just stay out of it and say nothing. Now do as you’re told 😃😁

You always take NICs side against me that is not fair. 

That is it I have had enough. I am not talking to you anymore so nerrrr. 

Hope you are your new friend are happy together. 😙😙🤪

20 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

After reading that....again, he isn't exonerated of blame, in fact he comes out of it quite badly.

There was a brilliant series on BBC 1 about the police and judiciary, can't remember the name.

It highlighted the extreme difficulties in bringing even the most obviously guilty to a fair trial and conviction.

Another thankless task for all concerned that only gets acknowledged for the fuck ups, hardly ever the successes.

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

There's a school of thought that is the reason pig products are considered haram. 

Makes sense when you think about it (once you've taken the sky wizard out of the equation).

Given the choice between wiping out humankind, and bacon butties, its goodbye all.

With Brown Sauce of course, never Ketchup on bacon.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Ani said:

The only reason to blame Starmer for anything to do with this is political bias. 

He was not involved in the decision making process. 

Subsequently he instigated an investigation into what happened and apologised for the short fallings in his department. 

All well and good.

Works both ways doesnt it.

The only reason he continues his leadership angle is political bias. Understandably. 

But it might come back to haunt him- the risks the job.

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Spot on

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Given the choice between wiping out humankind, and bacon butties, its goodbye all.

With Brown Sauce of course, never Ketchup on bacon.

What is the point of ketchup at all?

Or salad cream?

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Spot on

Taking more people from the current efforts. Introducing another layer or work which would just interfere with the current system of listing folk for vaccination. Recipe for more criticism for little real reward I reckon.

Moreover, the word from the cmo or similar, was that different folk have different levels of antibodies, and even then, the vaccine provides better protection.

On 04/01/2021 at 19:15, miamiwhite said:

Thanks pal. If the results came through in 20mins it would be the latter names, if it was 30 mins onwards, it would be the former.

Spider, Sweep and myself will buy you a drink if the correct nod is given.......mind you, those 2 drink shy pansies must have mislaid my Christmas bottle 😉 

I checked today at my second test and they are Innova ones. 

I'll keep an eye out to see if this changes as the weeks go on.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A drop of nearly 8000 cases today. Only one day, but good nonetheless. 

Lot of deaths though.

Weekly figures are slightly higher but certainly not the massive surges we have been seeing. So hopefully good news. 

Won’t copy table for some reason  

Edited by Ani

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A drop of nearly 8000 cases today. Only one day, but good nonetheless. 

Lot of deaths though.

Yes, 1162 deaths I think they've recorded.

Cases dropping is a good thing, and I'd expect to see that start to happen over the next week or two, but with that I also think we'll see the deaths continue to rise for the next 7-10 days 

Also worth keeping an eye on how many people are in hospital (30,370 today) and how many have been vaccinated (1.9% of the population as of today, have had at least 1 dose) 

Edited by Sweep