Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Some guy called Sir John Bell - professor of medicine from Oxford on bbc news channel at the moment. 

Listening to him speak is brilliant. Very upbeat about the future, Easter is a reasonable for virtually back to normal. The Govt in the circumstances are doing a good job. The public in general are doing a good job. 

Also the idea that we will need to social distance for ever is wrong we should look forward to a better life than that.  

Feel quite uplifted !!

2 minutes ago, burnden said:

Fella on bbc now reckoning there will be 2 more vaccines ready to go soon.

I know the EU approved the one from Moderna in the last day or two, so you would expect we'll approve it as well shortly, but there won't be any available until in April/May from what I understand

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

Do you think they will hit the target set by 15th Feb?  Be a decent effort if they do but think it a bit doubtful.

Either hit it, or close enough to avoid criticism.

Did you notice a refining of the target?

7 minutes ago, burnden said:

Do you think they will hit the target set by 15th Feb?  Be a decent effort if they do but think it a bit doubtful.

To be honest I feel more confident than I have for months. I posted the other day (which was mis understood) that we do not need vague promises of ‘millions within months’  but we need actual numbers to have any confidence. We got all that tonight. 

With the added bonus of a big fuck off to the deniers. I think having the confidence in the main message improves everything else that is discussed. 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

The rules are very clear

Brown sauce on sausage butties

Nothing on Bacon

Ketchup with scrabbled eggs on toast

Salad cream with boiled eggs with a ploughman's.

Mayo with chips 

SAVAGE

brown anything breakfast related 

Ketchup.... Omlett 

Salad Cream EggMayo buttes 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Will be interesting to find out how many dont turn up when called.

For the flu jab I got a text from GP a couple of days beforehand to confirm I was turning up. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, hope that gives enough time to fill the slot.

Imagine they will pretty quickly get an idea of what % turn up so can book to 120% (or whatever) capacity. 

Or just the army guy to ring up they would all be there then. 

‘We want vaccines in the arms not on the shelves.’ 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Some guy called Sir John Bell - professor of medicine from Oxford on bbc news channel at the moment. 

Listening to him speak is brilliant. Very upbeat about the future, Easter is a reasonable for virtually back to normal. The Govt in the circumstances are doing a good job. The public in general are doing a good job. 

Also the idea that we will need to social distance for ever is wrong we should look forward to a better life than that.  

Feel quite uplifted !!

This sounds great, Easter back to something like normality Is much more than I dared to hope.