Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes of course.

Don't want folk moaning they've fallen short though, if amongst other things, people can't be arsed turning up.

Govt should just be dead clear. We will make vaccines available to 13.9 m people. X% turned up so we have injected this many. 
I might be getting carried away by today’s briefing but it felt like we were entering a period of less bullshit all round. 

• Site Supporter

Daughter tested positive. 

Headache and shattered on new years eve.. not really symptoms..

Saturday night, really bad headache, Sunday afternoon temp starts and sore throat.. test monday comes back positive.temp started at 6PM Sunday and was gone by the time she woke up. 

New years eve I had a horrid headache,  and went to bed at 7 as I couldnt stay awake, woke up at mightnight to text the missus, off to sleep, New years day exactly the same.. nothing since but been shattered all week. 

Now is this the virus being attacked by antibodies from when I had it in March? It's impossible to say I've not been in contact with it's only a small house and only me to look after the kids. 

If it is, then it's scary as I wouldn't have even second guessed needing an early night and a 2 day headache.. and if she has the new variant, is this how it manifests in people with antibodies?

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Your antibodies may have all but disappeared since March. 

I believe I contracted it towards the end of March. Tried to donate plasma the week before last, my blood test results came back confirming I had antibodies so I did indeed have it (worst I’ve ever felt, so no surprise). However my antibodies weren’t strong enough to donate plasma but I still have them in my system.

Edited by Super Bock

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Daughter tested positive. 

Headache and shattered on new years eve.. not really symptoms..

Saturday night, really bad headache, Sunday afternoon temp starts and sore throat.. test monday comes back positive.temp started at 6PM Sunday and was gone by the time she woke up. 

New years eve I had a horrid headache,  and went to bed at 7 as I couldnt stay awake, woke up at mightnight to text the missus, off to sleep, New years day exactly the same.. nothing since but been shattered all week. 

Now is this the virus being attacked by antibodies from when I had it in March? It's impossible to say I've not been in contact with it's only a small house and only me to look after the kids. 

If it is, then it's scary as I wouldn't have even second guessed needing an early night and a 2 day headache.. and if she has the new variant, is this how it manifests in people with antibodies?

You been wrestling again?

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

How are the EU doing in vaccinating? 

ive seen folk ive worked with get given a task, they just chuck folk at it and they make a really quick start

makes much more sense to work out when it needs to be done, what that means in terms of units per hour

calculate optimum size of team

multiply the team to achieve the goal

so long as the govt keep out of the way, i reckon the army have every chance of sorting this

until AZ flows through, im not going to take a view whether the target is achievable

it does feel like germany are catching us, i presume without AZ, but thats just perception without studying the figures?

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

How are the EU doing in vaccinating? 

As you know, but as usual don't bother getting to the point that you're trying to make, we've currently done more vaccinating than all of the EU combined thus far.....but then we did start first. Not that it matters at all, but it'll be interesting to see if we stay "ahead" of all those other countries. You would like to think that we would, especially as we've been promised the first c14M will definitely be done by mid-Feb

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Sweep said:

As you know, but as usual don't bother getting to the point that you're trying to make, we've currently done more vaccinating than all of the EU combined thus far.....but then we did start first. Not that it matters at all, but it'll be interesting to see if we stay "ahead" of all those other countries. You would like to think that we would, especially as we've been promised the first c14M will definitely be done by mid-Feb

His was a nothing more than a pointed comment made in response to another one.

Fwiw, the benefit of the az vaccine is that we will get it first.

Although we ordered more of the Pfizer one, its made in Europe by a German/American company. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see it largely used over there.

Just the nature of the beast.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Although we ordered more of the Pfizer one, its made in Europe by a German/American company. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see it largely used over there.

Agreed, we should be getting it first as it's "ours" for want of a better expression.

I was interested to see the first 500K units that we received this week were actually manufactured in Germany, and not the UK. The bulk moving forward will be made here though, which is great news

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

With him using a question mark, I assumed it was a question he was asking, rather than making a pointed comment

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Which one out of interest?