Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It was worth it so people could enjoy a nearly normal Christmas though.

Fucking clowns and big kids.

Politicos and public respectively.

It's going to get worse! It's in the community good n proper and schools are still busy places. My work place has about 1/6 of the kids in.. but know if two that still have class sizes if 20+ due to the high amount of "key workers" 

10 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

It's going to get worse! It's in the community good n proper and schools are still busy places. My work place has about 1/6 of the kids in.. but know if two that still have class sizes if 20+ due to the high amount of "key workers" 

It doesn't matter because it's like water off a duck's back with kids...

](*,)

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

At this rate we ain't going to need a vaccine. Looks like we're going all out for herd immunity

I wouldn't mind betting that were one the first of the countries whose had it bad to get out the other side for precisely this reason. That and the vaccine roll out. It'll could be a horrorshow in between though.

Some boroughs in London have a 1/16 infection rate. That's NHS Armageddon tackle if it becomes widespread 

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

i cant see the one day doing it, summat else is afoot. 

anyway

usually when you get ill you give it to people in the house. is a 'cabin fever' effect making it worse by being trapped in the same building (your home) for ages , one goes out for food for 20 minutes , walks past someone with it , goes home gives it to his wife and kids, is inside for 22 hours

normally youre at work for some of it , fleeting meetings  with randos for a couple of minutes. 

i bet boris johnson , idrissa elba , and prince charles are "at work" with the same people for longer. 

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Cases in London are out of control according to Mayor Khan. Didn’t they cancel Christmas down there?

3 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Cases in London are out of control according to Mayor Khan. Didn’t they cancel Christmas down there?

Seem to remember they were allowed one other household? Could well be wrong.

Regardless, I'd imagine a large percentage ignored what they were told they could or couldn't do.

5 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I doubt many of those who contracted it over Christmas are in the death toll

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Seem to remember they were allowed one other household? Could well be wrong.

Regardless, I'd imagine a large percentage ignored what they were told they could or couldn't do.

We weren't allowed any other households in Tier 4

Just now, Sweep said:

I agree, they'll be from next week I'd have thought

Yep, or the week after.

Poor from those spinning that it's because Boris didn't cancel Christmas. Poor, but typical.

Just now, Boby Brno said:

But blamed the government anyway.

Yes, if course. As has happened since the start really. The British public really haven't helped the situation at all, by constantly looking to bend rules and "beat the system"

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Yes, if course. As has happened since the start really. The British public really haven't helped the situation at all, by constantly looking to bend rules and "beat the system"

Not the entire public.  Just a few people who thought they were above the rules and now look At it 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This new variant is causing some serious shit, more younger folk on ICU and folk dying in a few hours and it’s spreading like wildfire. 

Its the shift from just oldies to younger people in ICU that's the major worry.

They're also shitting their pants about this new South African variant now, which didn't bode well.

This fucking thing just doesn't seem to want to go away at all

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Not the entire public.  Just a few people who thought they were above the rules and now look At it 

I know its not everybody, sadly though with something like this, it only takes a few to break the rules. We've even got people in here who openly talk about breaking the rules, so it's no surprise that it's now as widespread as it is.

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I know its not everybody, sadly though with something like this, it only takes a few to break the rules. We've even got people in here who openly talk about breaking the rules, so it's no surprise that it's now as widespread as it is.

Just got to hope the government can get these vaccines out ASAP and keep the death numbers down if possible as best they can. We are looking at well in excess of 100k at this rate. It’s absolutely scandalous