Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

34 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Its the shift from just oldies to younger people in ICU that's the major worry.

They're also shitting their pants about this new South African variant now, which didn't bode well.

This fucking thing just doesn't seem to want to go away at all

And the speed it’s spreading is on a completely different scale to the original variant, dangerous couple of months coming up even for the younger generations. 

• Members

Thought I was past the worst of the rona, but feel worse than ever these last few hours 

If anyone fancies sending their wife or paying for a brass to tickle my coin purse one last time before I croak it I’d be eternally grateful 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Thought I was past the worst of the rona, but feel worse than ever these last few hours 

If anyone fancies sending their wife or paying for a brass to tickle my coin purse one last time before I croak it I’d be eternally grateful 

I’ll send my missus round .

@bolton_blondie has said she’ll squash her cans into your face at the same time.

God speed

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I wouldn't mind betting that were one the first of the countries whose had it bad to get out the other side for precisely this reason. That and the vaccine roll out. It'll could be a horrorshow in between though.

Some boroughs in London have a 1/16 infection rate. That's NHS Armageddon tackle if it becomes widespread 

Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets not going well (three of the poorest) over 17k cases in my Borough,which is London's largest to be fair, but its not great anywhere.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

2 paracetemol and a lucozade. You'll be reet. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Those fucking number this week, and looking like they will get worse.

And no lockdown in sight, well not from where I'm sitting, traffic has been the same, people on the streets, groups of youths, pointless.

I've gotta go until next Wednesday, because that's when the last Vocational exam is and it's my job. After that its wfh.

The last lockdown you could hear a pin drop when out for a walk, people are not taking this one serious, probably because there are vaccines and they think it's okay, its fucking pointless!

Seems very quiet this way tbh apart from supermarkets perhaps the cold weather is keeping kids in

Been down in Northampton for the last few days and the motorways and the hotel was rammed distribution central that way the show must go on 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

I think cancelling major sport for a month would help.

Theres a sense that it’s half arsed when you can still watch the footy.

Can we not just start welding folk indoors like the Chinese do?

10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Wow, just read in my Borough the increase is.....3770 cases, up 815 (27.6%) with a rate of 1,134.4.

And we're not even the worse!

306 cases per 100,000 in Bolton. Latest figures. We had one day, Christmas Day, of relaxation. I won’t mention it again but I’m sure others will.

Just now, Boby Brno said:

306 cases per 100,000 in Bolton. Latest figures. We had one day, Christmas Day, of relaxation. I won’t mention it again but I’m sure others will.

What should that inform us?

Just now, Boby Brno said:

Not sure but Bolton is the lowest in Greater Manchester (sorry)

Most of Bolton must have avoided the Trafford Centre during the Christmas break. 

What because it’s only 300???? 

90 here after Xmas lockdown. We must just have avoided people’s houses?

3 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Not sure but Bolton is the lowest in Greater Manchester (sorry)

Most of Bolton must have avoided the Trafford Centre during the Christmas break. 

That it is, substantively, a seasonal respiratory disease.

You can, run, but you can’t hide.

Various restrictions have been tried, but hardly any have worked.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

That it is, substantively, a seasonal respiratory disease.

You can, run, but you can’t hide.

Various restrictions have been tried, but hardly any have worked.

What would have happened in your opinion if we were just cracking on right now? Genuine question? No restrictions at Xmas etc new year and pubs open. What numbers would be seeing in your opinion? I’m interested ?