Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

These women fined for going walking. 
Im a keen Walker and I’m now wondering whether to travel from one side of Bolton to the other for a scenic walk.

My sister in law is also a keen Walker. She lives in Morris Green and decided to stay local and went up Plodder Lane towards Four Lane Ends on Saturday. She slipped on the ice and broke her wrist. She was one of five in casualty with the same problem. 
Safer in the hills.

14 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

12 months ago we wouldn’t be having this conversation. We’ve all learned a lot and there’s probably a lot more to learn. Discussing the finer points of transmission is better than dismissing it completely. 

Yep, I know nowt as I'm not a medical person, just things I've read. As long as we're all keeping safe as possible and let the experts do their job.

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

When you point out their utter bullshit they just move onto another subject.

They’re like scousers but worse 

I said this would happen a couple of weeks back. Completely agree with you, they're an absolute disgrace. And scousers as well! :)

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

These women fined for going walking. 
Im a keen Walker and I’m now wondering whether to travel from one side of Bolton to the other for a scenic walk.

My sister in law is also a keen Walker. She lives in Morris Green and decided to stay local and went up Plodder Lane towards Four Lane Ends on Saturday. She slipped on the ice and broke her wrist. She was one of five in casualty with the same problem. 
Safer in the hills.

Needs clearing up this, to say it is up to individual police officers is ridiculous. No way will these girls be made to pay their fines if they contest it. Derbyshire police look like fools over this.

1 minute ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Needs clearing up this, to say it is up to individual police officers is ridiculous. No way will these girls be made to pay their fines if they contest it. Derbyshire police look like fools over this.

This happened in first lockdown. Parks were locked up for a couple of weeks. 

We take our dog to the park/woods everyday , drive there , it is a 10 minute drive but once there we have loads of space. 

5 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

The government guidelines state that you should stay local. That is unclear and open to interpretation. Therefore each police force should stipulate what is local. ie miles from home. Using individual officers discretion is nonsense. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Ani said:

This happened in first lockdown. Parks were locked up for a couple of weeks. 

We take our dog to the park/woods everyday , drive there , it is a 10 minute drive but once there we have loads of space. 

Yep, Derbyshire police again, it will be down to some power crazy Chief Inspector/Inspector. Need to sort it out

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The government guidelines state that you should stay local. That is unclear and open to interpretation. Therefore each police force should stipulate what is local. ie miles from home. Using individual officers discretion is nonsense. 

Local to me is the countryside around Bolton, whether it's in Lancashire or not. I think Cheshire or Merseyside is stretching it. I don't want to go walking around Westhoughton streets. I don't want to go walking around Rivington either if there are thousands of others there too.

But I agree, a mileage limit should be given, 10 miles is reasonable to me.

7 minutes ago, jeep said:

Local is not getting in a car.

That is your view. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/cars/can-i-drive-during-lockdown-england-what-third-covid-lockdown-means-travel-including-driving-work-and-exercise-3022862%3famp

According to this daily exercise is one of the things you can drive to. Again comes down to personal responsibility  we drive to local park so dog can have a run round.  We won’t drive to another town or the sea side  

4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

OK Bert! 

Same for supermarkets and that then yeah. 

You're being silly now......

2 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

says Chief Inspector Jeep of the Derbyshire Constabulary

It's jeep, not Jeep......

ACAB

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

That is your view. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/cars/can-i-drive-during-lockdown-england-what-third-covid-lockdown-means-travel-including-driving-work-and-exercise-3022862%3famp

According to this daily exercise is one of the things you can drive to. Again comes down to personal responsibility  we drive to local park so dog can have a run round.  We won’t drive to another town or the sea side  

You're right, it is my view.

TBH, I'm getting fed up with folk not following rules, making up their own rules, or twisting rules to suit their selfish needs....

JVT came out with something in a briefing last week -

"Coronovirus loves company"

I wish folk would realise that........

3 minutes ago, jeep said:

You're right, it is my view.

TBH, I'm getting fed up with folk not following rules, making up their own rules, or twisting rules to suit their selfish needs....

JVT came out with something in a briefing last week -

"Coronovirus loves company"

I wish folk would realise that........

But you just made a rule up 🙄

I agree clarify the rule. 

• Site Supporter

I’ve worked throughout the Covid period and have noticed that in March, when this all kicked off, the roads were dead. Very few others driving around and even ‘rush hours’ were quiet. This time around, whilst not as busy as pre-covid, the roads are very much busier than the first lockdown. Have folk decided they haven’t been infected yet therefore it’s unlikely they will be?

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’ve worked throughout the Covid period and have noticed that in March, when this all kicked off, the roads were dead. Very few others driving around and even ‘rush hours’ were quiet. This time around, whilst not as busy as pre-covid, the roads are very much busier than the first lockdown. Have folk decided they haven’t been infected yet therefore it’s unlikely they will be?

I think many folk have decided to crack on but be as careful as possible. 

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Less things are shut down. So places like Next are still doing click and collect for instance. 
The definition of essential is also strange, sure someone said pet groomers are open ! Building site are open, think these were shut at first in lockdown 1. We really need to fuck these places off now for 3-4 weeks. 

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Many businesses, manufacturing etc. are still operating. These people are going to go to work if their employers say they have to. Their employers are going to continue unless the government tells them they can't. That's the bottom line imo.