Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

You bring Cummings up a lot. As Boris said at the time the rules are open for interpretation. 
The backing of Cummings was bizarre at best and just gave the impression that there was no real leadership. 
Ultimately most people breaking the rules would have done anyway but it was a terrible message. 

Not really. Maybe 8 times in maybe 6 months and often then in bursts using his name in replies to discussions across maybe a day or so so probably 3 separate times. Not a lot really but anyway

was a shocking message. Did you break the rules and justify it with that? Don’t think so. Did I? Nope. So my point is valid mate sorry 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Not really. Maybe 8 times in maybe 6 months and often then in bursts using his name in replies to discussions across maybe a day or so so probably 3 separate times. Not a lot really but anyway

was a shocking message. Did you break the rules and justify it with that? Don’t think so. Did I? Nope. So my point is valid mate sorry 

I am not going back through counting but I bet it is nearer 10. 🤓

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I am not going back through counting but I bet it is nearer 10. 🤓

😁maybe mate. But it’s just a lame excuse. Same as I’ve not seen anyone for months and stick to the rules so we’re having Xmas type of excuse. 

It’s all they are. Excuses. Non are justifiable but it is what it is. Hopefully this will be over soon and we can all get back to living how we want without the need to make up excuses like some 

21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Spot on. 

when sage or whoever did their initial modeling it would have been based on a certain % of compliance. Your general scum bags etc they would have already discounted. It’s the people who are “it’s everyone else not me I sanitize” that are a massive part of the problem. 

along with those of the mindset I’ve played the rules all along so I’ve earned the right now to break them. It’s the governments fault , Barnard castle , Cummings 😴😴😴. Right there is the problem. 

When stupid rules are in place folk won’t follow them, such as  can walk across a golf course with your dog and family member but can’t  play golf on your own, can meet with umpteen people at home but can’t sit in a controlled environment while eating a meal in a family bubble, if curfew 8pm comes can go for a walk at 2pm while it’s busy but can’t walk at 8pm when it’s quiet on the streets, that’s 3 rules where I’d take opposite view to government rules. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t want praise just doing our jobs 

They should open the boozers and have a foot soldiers only policy for a month. Leave the WFH Types out of it 

And that’s all everyone is doing doing their jobs pal.  Different strokes and all that. All make the world go round 

Edited by Escobarp

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

When stupid rules are in place folk won’t follow them, such as  can walk across a golf course with your dog and family member but can play golf on your own, can meet with umpteen people at home but can’t sit in a controlled environment while eating a meal in a family bubble, if curfew 8pm comes can go for a walk at 2pm while it’s busy but can’t walk at 8pm when it’s quiet on the streets, that’s 3 rules where I’d take opposite view to government rules. 

But you’re missing the point mate. Folk DO follow them. Read on here. You’ve met many folk off here who are doing exactly that. Following the rules!! . It’s an excuse sorry. We see eye to eye on most things but not this. 

im as frustrated as you are believe me. Living in an area with under 90/100kand harsher restrictions than London at 1500+. 

Edited by Escobarp

They should open the boozers and have a foot soldiers only policy for a month. Leave the WFH Types out of it 

And that’s all everyone is doing doing their jobs pal.  Different strokes and all that. All make the world go round 

What about supermarkets 9-10 foot soldiers only? Getting rather busy these days 

But you’re missing the point mate. Folk DO follow them. Read on here. You’ve met many folk off here who are doing exactly that. Following the rules!! . It’s an excuse sorry. We see eye to eye on most things but not this. 

I’m not following stupid rules i will follow rules I feeI are right & proper, I will continue to use my common sense.

The only chance I have of catching anything is through my wife as she’s at school every day, I’m working from home not seeing family members outside of my immediate bubble and exercising on my own. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not following stupid rules i will follow rules I feeI are right & proper, I will continue to use my common sense.

The only chance I have of catching anything is through my wife as she’s at school every day, I’m working from home not seeing family members outside of my immediate bubble and exercising on my own. 

And like I say. Sorry that sums it up. Enjoy your weekend pal 

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Girls at work said it's really well organised. In and out. Bit of a sore arm day after but that's it 👍

Good - that means it's doing something useful! :)

Bugs me when people have a flu jab and then complain because they felt a bit groggy for 24 hours. That's called an immune response! :)

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

And like I say. Sorry that sums it up. Enjoy your weekend pal 

I’d be pretty sure I’m safer than most folk on here despite not submitting to every stupid rule  and every law they impose that reduces our freedom to use our own thought process & common sense. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Isn't the problem that all those breaking the rules say the same thing.

That weirdo who seems to be travelling the country to watch Bolton on a stepladder probably says the same

If everybody, and I mean 100% of people had such to the rules and not bent then to suit themselves, then we'd not be in half the mess that we are

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

My daughter had hers last Tuesday, sore arm on Wednesday, she said it was a proper anti climax

Let me know if she grows horns before Monday will you? :)

Seriously - it's nothing short of miraculous that we're having this conversation now.