Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The only chance I have of catching anything is through my wife as she’s at school every day, I’m working from home not seeing family members outside of my immediate bubble and exercising on my own. 

Which rule is it that you're actually breaking then?

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Isn't the problem that all those breaking the rules say the same thing.

That weirdo who seems to be travelling the country to watch Bolton on a stepladder probably says the same

If everybody, and I mean 100% of people had such to the rules and not bent then to suit themselves, then we'd not be in half the mess that we are

Nope it’s thick fuckers who can’t compute what are the real risks and what to avoid doing that are the problem & you can throw in piss poor government rules like sending kids to university and schools while it’s possible to remotely home school. 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not following stupid rules i will follow rules I feeI are right & proper, I will continue to use my common sense.

The only chance I have of catching anything is through my wife as she’s at school every day, I’m working from home not seeing family members outside of my immediate bubble and exercising on my own. 

But your version of common sense isn’t everyone else’s

Best driver in the world could be driving perfectly down Chorley new road, then suddenly Amir Khan sideswipes him in his Range.

You are assuming everyone else has “your” strain of common sense.

Youre just pissed off you can’t play golf.

12 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’ve worked throughout the Covid period and have noticed that in March, when this all kicked off, the roads were dead. Very few others driving around and even ‘rush hours’ were quiet. This time around, whilst not as busy as pre-covid, the roads are very much busier than the first lockdown. Have folk decided they haven’t been infected yet therefore it’s unlikely they will be?

Lots of industries/businesses shut down last time, either because of the unknown or because they thought they had to.

Now after nearly a year of this, I suppose you can't blame them for staying open if the government doesn't strictly say they have to close.

I don't think it's anything other than that - there's nowhere else for folk to be going.

Presumably the hope from the government is that closing schools will stop it from getting totally out of hand (although our definition of what that is seems to change by the day) and then the vaccine will come to the rescue.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

But your version of common sense isn’t everyone else’s

Best driver in the world could be driving perfectly down Chorley new road, then suddenly Amir Khan sideswipes him in his Range.

You are assuming everyone else has “your” strain of common sense.

Youre just pissed off you can’t play golf.

If cabinet had someone involved with common sense I’d be more likely to follow their guidance, but they’re thick as mince. 

• Members
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

If cabinet had someone involved with common sense I’d be more likely to follow their guidance, but they’re thick as mince. 

Aye but their common sense would always be misinterpreted people who decided to go their own way and follow their own rules. 

One Of the reasons we’re in this god awful mess.

Ive no doubt you are sensible about it mounts as are most on here but people are idiots and they need it spelling out for them in size 36 comic sans 

The golf one is interesting. I get the frustration because in theory it shouldn’t cause anyone any problems. But... you know full well that if golf is allowed then quite rightly people will demand that their sport / activity should be allowed. And it goes on.

Plus how do we think most people get to golf clubs? They drive. Which means more people on the road and a greater chance of the emergency services being needed.

Simplest just to say that nothing is allowed. 

Edited by wiggy

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They’re good enough when negotiating trade deals which suit you though.

Thick when stopping you going for a knock.

Selfish, really.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Get him on Bradshaw pal. Superb. I used to love it on there 

Think it’s currently closed as shit loads go but starmount is literally a couple at a time 

21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think it’s currently closed as shit loads go but starmount is literally a couple at a time 

I used to fish starmount 2/3 times a week as a lad. Possibly a bit tough in the winter I would say though pal. But gets the wee fella out the house in the fresh air 

30 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My brother had his first pre Xmas and now has to wait 12 weeks for his second. Was supposed to be last week he had it but been canned 

I think they are administering both now here in Bolton. I guess they are using up the first batches of the Pfizer and then moving on to the Oxford one. 

1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

I think they are administering both now here in Bolton. I guess they are using up the first batches of the Pfizer and then moving on to the Oxford one. 

Not sure pal. He works and lives in Wigan. Whilst he’s a front line nhs foot soldier he’s not vulnerable so one jab and wait probably about right I would say 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Not sure pal. He works and lives in Wigan. Whilst he’s a front line nhs foot soldier he’s not vulnerable so one jab and wait probably about right I would say 

Aye probably catch fuck all but beats playing bloody rocket league all day😀 kills 2 birds dog can have a swim in top lodge 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d be pretty sure I’m safer than most folk on here despite not submitting to every stupid rule  and every law they impose that reduces our freedom to use our own thought process & common sense. 

That just smacks of selfishness. The rules are not optional they apply to everyone. 

22 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Interestingly, MIL friend is due her second tomorrow but wasn’t going to go because her daughter heard on the tv that the second ones are cancelled. MIL checked and she can still go as planned. 

I have heard...that a lot of GP surgeries/hubs are not planning to get anymore Pfizer vaccine as it is so hard to store so they are completing the second course. 

This was from a local medical professional. Ok it was a Vet but she is good mates with local GP. Makes sense.