Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I was just going off what others had said . But Doesn’t matter as long as we have capacity to treat all those that need it that’s the important thing 

There was talk of mothballing them a few months ago - we were even asked if we’d buy back some of the products we’d supplied. That never happened though.

What I do know is that people have suggested (on here) that until the nightingales are being used then there’s not a problem.

That bit I find baffling. “Let’s wait til they’re dying in their thousands and the corridors are blocked before taking it seriously and imposing draconian measures!!!”

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Spider said:

There was talk of mothballing them a few months ago - we were even asked if we’d buy back some of the products we’d supplied. That never happened though.

What I do know is that people have suggested (on here) that until the nightingales are being used then there’s not a problem.

That bit I find baffling. “Let’s wait til they’re dying in their thousands and the corridors are blocked before taking it seriously and imposing draconian measures!!!”

But as long as we have a justification for breaking the rules it’s ok 

• Site Supporter

Fire Service Estates Team were employed to create the Manchester Nightingale Hospital and then later used to dismantle it. I’m not sure if “dismantle” meant putting just the critical care equipment back into storage or completely clear all of the room dividers they’d used to create treatment areas but either way, the Manchester isn’t still as available as it was when it first went up.

• Moderators
On 08/01/2021 at 20:27, boltondiver said:

2. We do know the damage they have caused; financially, other health, education etc. @birch-chorleyhas gone quiet, perhaps he’s just too frustrated.

I heard he took time off for a period of reflection after he found himself sticking up for gypsies 

It's certainly taken it's toll this pandemic

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Fire Service Estates Team were employed to create the Manchester Nightingale Hospital and then later used to dismantle it. I’m not sure if “dismantle” meant putting just the critical care equipment back into storage or completely clear all of the room dividers they’d used to create treatment areas but either way, the Manchester isn’t still as available as it was when it first went up.

You would hope that these places will be ready to go in a heartbeat. I know the one in Glasgow is ready to Rock and roll 

Hancock says over 2m injected last week so fair fucks all round. 

A bloke on our street late 30s has it. Last night 2 ambulances parked up there. Mass panic. Turned out next door had just had a baby in her front room ! 

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Latest figures show that traffic has been up in comparison to March.

People just aren't taking it as seriously.

Surely it will be

not everywhere is closed like last time 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think its more about people not staying home, driving further distances for walks etc that wasn't happening in March.

I have a feeling they’ll impose further restrictions though not sure what they could be.

I guess closing more workplaces.

No-one needs a candle and a new washing basket from Home Bargains.

well, not after I’ve been for mine later.

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Hancock says over 2m injected last week so fair fucks all round. 

I've not seen or heard that, but if true that's great. I thought we'd only done just under 2M in total, but if it was 2M last week, on top of the 1M we'd already done then that's ace

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think its more about people not staying home, driving further distances for walks etc that wasn't happening in March.

Yes that’s fair enough but suppose unless you get a breakdown of days/times of traffic increases it’s hard to tell

Must say apart from commuting times it’s very quiet around here 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've not seen or heard that, but if true that's great. I thought we'd only done just under 2M in total, but if it was 2M last week, on top of the 1M we'd already done then that's ace

It’s 2million in total

But still a good start. If the army can help scale it up and really nail it, we could be in good shape by early March.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s 2million in total

But still a good start. If the army can help scale it up and really nail it, we could be in good shape by early March.

9:58 quote on here says nearly 2m last week. 

It sounds high especially given he said last week do not have enough doses to do that  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-55605009

Edited by Ani

21 minutes ago, Spider said:

I have a feeling they’ll impose further restrictions though not sure what they could be.

Use your common sense and wait until you’ve had your vaccine. 😉 

I'd be interested to hear folks views on the footballers breaking these lockdowns. I heard Man City had said that because the players who went to Dubai went for commercial reasons that was ok, despite being disappointed.

Now, that appears disingenuous to me, especially as those players are putting in harms way staff at clubs who are following rules and not jetting off here, there and everywhere. @Rudy will have more insight into this, just interested in people's thoughts.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Sage woman highlighted 2 areas why this lockdown isn't working.

1. Too many children going to school because the govt have relaxed rules on who is a keyworker

2. Too many tradesman visiting people's home.A new jacuzzi being fitted isn't essential, the new garage can wait a few weeks and it isn't a disaster if the windows are a bit dusty because they havent been cleaned for 6 weeks

My ex got a letter she was a key worker. She's an internal comms manager at a university, who works from home!

Not a key worker.

Disagree about home.bargains. It is important for a lot of cheap stuff for a lot of folks, our one in Lewisham has a queue during lockdown, mainly people getting cleaning stuff it seems.

Quite a few Fray Bentos pies as well.