Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Use your common sense and wait until you’ve had your vaccine. 😉 

Following the rules mate, even though it’s restricting my human rights.

If everyone did the same, this might go away sooner.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Sage woman highlighted 2 areas why this lockdown isn't working.

1. Too many children going to school because the govt have relaxed rules on who is a keyworker

2. Too many tradesman visiting people's home.A new jacuzzi being fitted isn't essential, the new garage can wait a few weeks and it isn't a disaster if the windows are a bit dusty because they havent been cleaned for 6 weeks

People need to earn money

The govt either fund the window cleaners et al, or they will continue going to work

• Site Supporter

How about an 8.00 pm curfew? If you’re required to be out and about between 8 - 6 next morning then you’d be able to provide evidence. 

Anyone who claims their right to exercise even at night get fined. Simples!

• Members
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

How about an 8.00 pm curfew? If you’re required to be out and about between 8 - 6 next morning then you’d be able to provide evidence. 

Not really fair on doggers is it? 

18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I don't finish work until 8/9 somedays, seems a bit harsh. Also shift workers etc

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I have a feeling they’ll impose further restrictions though not sure what they could be.

I guess closing more workplaces.

No-one needs a candle and a new washing basket from Home Bargains.

well, not after I’ve been for mine later.

Oi, mouth! Homey B's is the main line of supply for many of the full-time pisspot crew on here, for whom Dry January solely means not one bedpissing incident from NYE to the 1st of February.

I went for a few bits last night and noticed a strong correlation between wankers and wankeresses being maskless and being glued to their phones.

Probably reading or posting crackpot theories.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Just now, Mr Grey said:

I'm in work until next Thursday due to exams taking place, I cancelled all external invigiltors to protect them and to reduce staff on the college campus. After Thursday I'm in once a week on Wednesdays.

I'm I a key worker, I'd say yes up to next Thursday, after that probably not, but I still have to meet summer exam entry deadlines which are due mid-February, so wfh and one day in doesn't seem to bad.

Who’s going to polish the floors etc if you’re not in pal ? 

Just now, Mr Grey said:

They will remain dusty or we draft in some SCOUSE CUNTS who are on JSA.

Furlough brigade could do them 👌

spoke to girl at one my clients on Thursday. She said she had asked to be furloughed again. She loved it. Said it was worth the 20% drop In wages (before tax obv) to spend 4 months at home. 

As an aside I had a few cans so went (to Burnden) on my pushiron (I'd only had three and went slow on the pavement...)

In September I was running from my house to Cleggs Lane and back (6km with two good climbs) in 30 mins-ish, biking 26-28 miles...

Had it in October.

Yesterday I had to get off and push halfway up the slight brew of Weston Street on the way home.

I was fooked and blowing out of my arse.

I hope @Rudy
you avoid this, mate. I wonder which guidelines flouting twat infected me? I hope their cock (or tits) drop off...

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm in work until next Thursday due to exams taking place, I cancelled all external invigiltors to protect them and to reduce staff on the college campus. After Thursday I'm in once a week on Wednesdays.

I'm I a key worker, I'd say yes up to next Thursday, after that probably not, but I still have to meet summer exam entry deadlines which are due mid-February, so wfh and one day in doesn't seem to bad.

Jobs for the boys

back of the queue for vaccine you fella

Step aside for the foot soldiers 

17 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Step aside for the foot soldiers 

Surely we don't want to further exacerbate the economic situation. Vaccinate the main/larger tax contributors first, and then let the unskilled low wage masses (footsoldiers) have theirs later

Edited by Sweep

Just now, Sweep said:

Surely we don't want to further exacerbate the economic situation. Vaccinate the tax contributors first, and then let the unskilled low wage masses (footsoldiers) have theirs later

Unskilled

wash your mouth sweep 

@SpiderThe basket is bang on but I don't wear johnny-giggs...(though I probably should).

I said I went for a 'few bits' but I ended up filling a rucksack and two of those big bags for life with; A box of McEwans, 2 bottles of D+B, 8 pints of milk, 2kg of couscous (hello sailor!), a cooked chicken, various cheeses, bottles of fizzy water, Jars of sauerkraut, cartons of OJ and more...

I'd forgot how I was getting home.

Maybe that's why I was panned out riding up Weston Street - I was about 30kg heavier.

What a pillock.

• Members
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'd be interested to hear folks views on the footballers breaking these lockdowns. I heard Man City had said that because the players who went to Dubai went for commercial reasons that was ok, despite being disappointed.

Now, that appears disingenuous to me, especially as those players are putting in harms way staff at clubs who are following rules and not jetting off here, there and everywhere. @Rudy will have more insight into this, just interested in people's thoughts.

One chap at work looks after his Mam, she has no one else so he’s been extra careful.

He was treating a player for a slight strain asked him what he’s been up too said nothing much staying in. On one of the tests the reported positive. 
Did the tracing with him and has since come to light that he seems to have got it from the player who had broken Covid laws. 

His Mam has now had to get homecare because he can’t see her, luckily she tested negative but she’s not in the best health so it’s lucky.

I got told to WFH, had my laptop and equipment sent in to me. Did my tests as per usual and I was found positive, it seems like it has come from the same player, my Mrs is a month away from dropping our second kid, so I’ve not seen her (result) or my daughter in over a week so they don’t get it, and every time my phone goes I think our Maude is going to go intO labour and I’ll miss it.

Lets put it this way if I had millions in the bank and played football for a living and the only thing the gaffer asked of me was to stay the fuck at home, I wouldn’t think twice.
There are some selfish individuals who are now not giving a fuck about the implications it has on regular folk and it absolutely stinks. 
The audacious argument that footballers should get the vaccine first to take the pressure off the NHS makes me feel absolutely sick. 
If I hadn’t got a big contract and a legal obligation to stay I think i would be looking at leaving. I’ve told my bosses this and they’ve reassured me that they don’t take it lightly and there are one or two who will shown the door in the summer and it won’t be because of their performances on the pitch. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I don't finish work until 8/9 somedays, seems a bit harsh. Also shift workers etc

So which bit of

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

If you’re required to be out and about between 8 - 6 next morning then you’d be able to provide evidence. 

did you think you may not be able to supply?

You come across as a fairly clever lad but then fail the “read all the post” test.