Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Etihad Tennis Centre opening next week

Great news, like, but how do the over 80s get there without potentially exposing themselves to more danger 

Tell them there’s a cruise style buffet waiting for them at the end. They’ll shove everyone out the way to get there

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Not really 

Our rates are ripping through our relative population quicker than elsewhere 

Bobys graph shows it's higher in some countries than others since Jan 8th

Personally i don't see it as a criticism of the UK so it doesn't bother me, i see it as a stark warning

But both charts should be a wake up call to anti vaccers or anti lock downers, ie the crack on brigade

Whether we're top of a chart or 8th, the nightingales are still on standby

If crack-oners can show me a graph that shows that's it's so bad then go for it 

But I've not seen one yet

Your pointing out it’s bad to someone who clearly knows it’s bad? For someone who’s a complete maths and stats geek like me the fact these stats and graphs all switch me off is all down to how they are used and the fact I can see one showing x and straight after another showing y. They’re pointless. And they’re educating nobody and doing nothing but entrenching people further. If you think they are educating people then we will

have to disagree 

boby’s graph shows a different situation on the face of it to the other. Both not good but vastly differing messages. Both will be used by others for political messaging of that I’m no doubt. Right there is the problem. Like everything it’s become political. 

• Site Supporter

I posted the graph because 

a) it’s an official one

b) a few folk like to compare us to other countries

c) it’s hard to dispute that we have a bit of a problem with Covid-19 

Ive said this loads - all my elderly relatives are gone so I’m not a bit concerned about it on a personal level. Couldn’t give a fuck.

But the human being side of me, the bits with compassion and empathy and decency, they keep gnawing away at me and telling me that we need to look after folk. Even ones I don’t know.

I’d love to crack on, and I could without real fear of losing a loved one, but the reality is that we are not controlling it in this country and need to act severely to do so. As shit as it may be.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

a) it’s an official one

Ive said this loads - all my elderly relatives are gone so I’m not a bit concerned about it on a personal level. Couldn’t give a fuck.

But the human being side of me, the bits with compassion and empathy and decency, they keep gnawing away at me and telling me that we need to look after folk. Even ones I don’t know.

I’d love to crack on, and I could without real fear of losing a loved one, but the reality is that we are not controlling it in this country and need to act severely to do so. As shit as it may be.

I completely agree with you. But I don’t see what a graph is going to do to control it when for every one you have one saying something else and some professor of something or another saying it’s a hoax. You’ve got crackpots like Laurence fox and sporting people like Jamie Moore ( @royal white) and josh Taylor with god knows how many tens of thousands if not hundreds,  of followers saying it’s all a hoax and there’s many more. 

that’s the problem. No graph is changing that mate. 

but you’re fully entitled to post it of course. Same as I’m entitled to my crack pot rants 🤓

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I completely agree with you. But I don’t see what a graph is going to do to control it when for every one you one saying something else and some professor of something or another saying it’s a hoax. You’ve got crackpots like Laurence fox and sporting people like Jamie Moore ( @royal white) and josh Taylor with god knows how many tens of thousands if not hundreds,  of followers saying it’s all a hoax and there’s many more. 

but you’re fully entitled to post it of course. Same as I’m entitled to my crack pot rants 🤓

🙂

We rely on official figures to base our opinons on.

Interpretation is obviously subjective.

Bottom line - we’ll only go to the pub when the government says so. We can argue all day about numbers but it’s never our call.

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Spider said:

🙂

We rely on official figures to base our opinons on.

Interpretation is obviously subjective.

Bottom line - we’ll only go to the pub when the government says so. We can argue all day about numbers but it’s never our call.

Yes but is what you posted official figures ?  

Thought of the pub , a soapy wank in Annie’s and a club shop straightener or 5 is all that’s keeping me going right now. 

22 minutes ago, Spider said:

a) it’s an official one

It’s not an official one. There are three sources to the graph. None are official. Its also inaccurate. No one disputes we have a problem with COVID. Every country has a problem with COVID.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Your pointing out it’s bad to someone who clearly knows it’s bad? For someone who’s a complete maths and stats geek like me the fact these stats and graphs all switch me off is all down to how they are used and the fact I can see one showing x and straight after another showing y. They’re pointless. And they’re educating nobody and doing nothing but entrenching people further. If you think they are educating people then we will

have to disagree 

boby’s graph shows a different situation on the face of it to the other. Both not good but vastly differing messages. Both will be used by others for political messaging of that I’m no doubt. Right there is the problem. Like everything it’s become political. 

Like I said i hope someone sees such data and gets the message 

I don't see either chart as conflicting 

Or political 

They both paint the same picture, we're in a bad place, it's not been collectively handled well as s nation to date and it's getting worse by the day

The reality is one which some folk still refuse to see, as illustrated by the anecdotal evidence on here of folk not turning up to be vaccinated 

I'm all for hammering home the message in the hope it makes some small difference to someone somewhere, whereas you seem to think it'll make no difference now 

But, we're on the same page so to speak, as we're already aware of the problem 

Others are still in denial

And of course the answer to that is 'they won't'.

Hartley-Brewer, Toby etc. won't, it's their business. Same with Twitter cranks like Sikora and that Fat Emporer bloke.

But having checked in on Le Tissier, Eddie Pepperell the aforementioned Jamie Moore etc. and they're all still peddling the same shit as they were in September. Baffling.

At this point - with enormous amounts of hospitalisations and a vaccine being rolled out - I'd love for anyone to make the case against locking down, and the alternative.

9 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Hartley-Brewer, Toby etc. won't, it's their business. Same with Twitter cranks like Sikora and that Fat Emporer bloke.

But having checked in on Le Tissier, Eddie Pepperell the aforementioned Jamie Moore etc. and they're all still peddling the same shit as they were in September. Baffling.

At this point - with enormous amounts of hospitalisations and a vaccine being rolled out - I'd love for anyone to make the case against locking down, and the alternative.

For once we agree. Miracles do happen 

12 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Right now, there is no other option.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

I completely agree with you. But I don’t see what a graph is going to do to control it when for every one you have one saying something else and some professor of something or another saying it’s a hoax. You’ve got crackpots like Laurence fox and sporting people like Jamie Moore ( @royal white) and josh Taylor with god knows how many tens of thousands if not hundreds,  of followers saying it’s all a hoax and there’s many more. 

Tell me about it, I argue with him daily about it. I’ve said to him all you boxers are saying the same, you’ve also all been punched in the head for many years for a living. Maybe there’s a link 😂

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

Tell me about it, I argue with him daily about it. I’ve said to him all you boxers are saying the same, you’ve also all been punched in the head for many years for a living. Maybe there’s a link 😂

😁 there does seem to be a high proportion of them that are complete sceptics. 

• Members
24 minutes ago, royal white said:

Why are people listening to boxers on opinions on the pandemic 😂

Might as well put Scott Quigg in the cabinet 😂

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

Aye.

I've looked at the independent's graph again: the title is new cases per million. No time period given.

The y axis goes up to 800. The peaks of France previously and us now is around this 800 mark.

Now given our cases are several hundred per hundred thousand, that's a lot more per million than the graph shows.

Unless I'm missing something, it's claptrap.

26 minutes ago, L/H White said:

rumours of a stricter lockdown

once leave house once and no support bubbles

also professional sport being canned again

Aye...

Nurseries to close

Mask wearing whenever you leave your house, no matter what you're doing

Only one lot of exercise per day

Curfew

They're all coming - I'd imagine Twitter will go into meltdown about liberties and freedoms being stolen....

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Aye...

Nurseries to close

Mask wearing whenever you leave your house, no matter what you're doing

Only one lot of exercise per day

Curfew

They're all coming - I'd imagine Twitter will go into meltdown about liberties and freedoms being stolen....

Mounts will need to watch his heart rate