Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:
My favourite fuckwit of the lot isPriti . She’s ace she is. Be tough on the perpetrators of counter terrorism and look after the victims of counter terrorism. Genius that lass

Exactly. The 'that' in the phrase 'that interview' I mentioned earlier, was referring to exactly that.

Edited by mickbrown

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

45k infections each of last 2 days. Compared to 60k per day last week. 

Hopefully start of a trend. 

London seems to have peaked, talk about us getting another peak in a couple of weeks.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Meanwhile

The United Kingdom is setting up Temporary Morgues.

Nothing new.

Some of the wife's lot were doing it in the first wave. 

Plans for similar during one of those flu outbreak things a few years back.

Part of the reason for strict monitoring of bird flu outbreaks.

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Makes absolute sense.

Would put too much onus on those giving injections.

Do wonder why they top them up so much.

That thing Quincy ME etc. used to do on telly, holding the syringe up to the light and expelling some of what's been drawn up wasn't just dramatic license.

I expect the excess is to account for the amount lost this way.

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Meanwhile

The United Kingdom is setting up Temporary Morgues.

When it first became apparent it was serious, before the 1st lockdown, on my travels I noticed loads of those steel site containers appearing on council/public land - often with hastily built gravel drives to them from the road.

They were everywhere.

I was convinced they were to act as temporary morgues.

• Site Supporter
On 15/10/2020 at 23:11, Mounts Kipper said:

Open the nightingales, when they start filling, lock down hard if we are already in that situation in Liverpool then lock it down proper, the judgement should be made based on occupation levels in hospital and modelling projections gleaned from the first wave. 

Of course, just because you haven't had symptoms, doesn't mean you haven't been asymptomatic and your bending of the rules may well have made you part of an unknown chain of spread.

In the meantime, there's a Mounts post for every occasion...

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Good response!

Not really. You can take all the precautions in the world but if you still go out and about then there is the risk you can catch it, no matter how small.  Also, if I recall correctly his wife is a teacher so is high risk by dint of kids transmission.  He may have even had it and not know if he is one of those who don't experience much in the way of symptoms.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Winchester White said:

Not really. You can take all the precautions in the world but if you still go out and about then there is the risk you can catch it, no matter how small.  Also, if I recall correctly his wife is a teacher so is high risk by dint of kids transmission.  He may have even had it and not know if he is one of those who don't experience much in the way of symptoms.

He gets confused, bless him.

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Of course, just because you haven't had symptoms, doesn't mean you haven't been asymptomatic and your bending of the rules may well have made you part of an unknown chain of spread.

In the meantime, there's a Mounts post for every occasion...

Nowt wrong with my post, what you trying to prove by it? you said I wasn’t taking it serious, that post of mine “lockdown hard” proves I am,  I’ve had 6 pcr Covid tests, the last 2 week ago and all have been negative. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nowt wrong with my post, what you trying to prove by it? you said I wasn’t taking it serious, that post of mine proves my point.  I’ve had 6 pcr Covid tests, the last 2 week ago and all have been negative. 

Aren’t they £120 a pop?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nowt wrong with my post, what you trying to prove by it? you said I wasn’t taking it serious, that post of mine “lockdown hard” proves I am,  I’ve had 6 pcr Covid tests, the last 2 week ago and all have been negative. 

You seem to think it’s ok that we need the nightingales 

I don’t think it is

• Moderators

A mates Mrs who works in the NHS had her first dose of Pfizer yesterday, but doesn't get her next one till April 4th, which seems a while 

She was also being primed to administer it last week but that’s gone quiet now 

Hope that doesn't suggest things aren't going to plan

39 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

A mates Mrs who works in the NHS had her first dose of Pfizer yesterday, but doesn't get her next one till April 4th, which seems a while 

She was also being primed to administer it last week but that’s gone quiet now 

Hope that doesn't suggest things aren't going to plan

Or maybe we have enough people at the moment?

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Or maybe we have enough people at the moment?

could be

was reading that whilst the government wanted to extend the times beteween doses to 12 weeks to get more people done first, the EMA said if it goes over 42 days it becomes "off-label use" - i.e. not approved

so maybe they've decided she won't be in a position to be administering vaccines 

or maybe we just don't have enough vaccines for her to be needed, which is sort of the same as what you said, sort of

Edited by ZicoKelly