Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Hmmm, they're not now promising to administer 13.2m jabs in this time-frame, it's now "we will have offered 13.2m jabs".

A bit like that day they posted out thousands of test kits on the last day of promising a target. Sending someone a letter with a date for a jab in the future is not vaccinating.

The clarification of the target was made v early on, I pointed it out at the time.

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Hmmm, they're not now promising to administer 13.2m jabs in this time-frame, it's now "we will have offered 13.2m jabs".

A bit like that day they posted out thousands of test kits on the last day of promising a target. Sending someone a letter with a date for a jab in the future is not vaccinating.

They stated that well over a week ago mate that they will have offered. Nobody can be forced. They will offer me one in due course but I will have the manners to cancel my appointment and say no thanks. Many won’t 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

They stated that well over a week ago mate that they will have offered. Nobody can be forced. They will offer me one in due course but I will have the manners to cancel my appointment and say no thanks. Many won’t 

You wouldn't think there would be a huge variance between those offered and those accepting. If they say they've offered 13.2M and only managed to do 7M then I think that might be a bit suspicious. I don't know the numbers, but surely it would be a surprise if there was more than say 10% of people not turning up the vaccine wouldn't there?

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

You wouldn't think there would be a huge variance between those offered and those accepting. If they say they've offered 13.2M and only managed to do 7M then I think that might be a bit suspicious. I don't know the numbers, but surely it would be a surprise if there was more than say 10% of people not turning up the vaccine wouldn't there?

As always let’s see the data. If it’s mile off it’s a sham and they’re at it. Or let’s hang them now before we’ve got going properly 

imagine your customers ringing you up and kicking off as you’ve not delivered there requisite order 5 weeks before it was due. That’s what this is essentially. Nonsense as always 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

As always let’s see the data. If it’s mile off it’s a sham and they’re at it. Or let’s hang them now before we’ve got going properly 

imagine your customers ringing you up and kicking off as you’ve not delivered there requisite order 5 weeks before it was due. That’s what this is essentially. Nonsense as always 

Sadly, that does happen, on a daily basis

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You won't have the vaccination?  Mind me asking why, or have I misunderstood?

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

You won't have the vaccination?  Mind me asking why, or have I misunderstood?

No I won’t have it. Ive had two in my life and one very nearly killed me and the other hospitalized me as well. One when I was a toddler and one as a teenager when I thought I would be alright. I wasn’t. So I would rather not 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No I won’t have it. Ive had two in my life and one very nearly killed me and the other hospitalized me as well. One when I was a toddler and one as a teenager when I thought I would be alright. I wasn’t. So I would rather not 

two covid vaccinations? Blimey, you're well ahead of the curve.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Crikey. Furry muff.

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

First and Last time I was in church they nearly drowned me; never again 

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Oh, I bet he owns a hat for every occasion.

All worn at jaunty, fashionably edgy angles.

I like to think he usually wears a tricorne most of the week and then switches to a velvety stovepipe hat on Sunday

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

He definitely sports a beret on a city break, Frank Spencer style 

on an away day, I hear that he wears a steal rimmed bowler hat, like Odd-Job does, and he can decapitate a man from 100 yards, he also has poison tips on his winkle-pickers, just in case it kicks off.

I'm.afraid to dissapoint gents, whilst I wouldn't be adverse to wearing a hat. And I'd certainly be up for a dashing Highway man's style tifler, alas my head is not designed for any sort of dressage and therefore I just let my rather splendid locks wave freely in the breeze. Thankfully, I have not been cursed by either being bald or being ginger, both fates would have displeased me greatly, either not being able to grow my hair, or being so repulsed at the colour, been forced to keep it as short as possible as so not to offend both myself and my fellow man.

I do wear a wooly hat on walks though.

Two hats I cannot stand 

- Baseball caps on British men.

- The new found fondness of certain gents to try and dress up like a 1930s Birmingham gangster

Both woeful.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm.afraid to dissapoint gents, whilst I wouldn't be adverse to wearing a hat. And I'd certainly be up for a dashing Highway man's style tifler, alas my head is not designed for any sort of dressage and therefore I just let my rather splendid locks wave freely in the breeze. Thankfully, I have not been cursed by either being bald or being ginger, both fates would have displeased me greatly, either not being able to grow my hair, or being so repulsed at the colour, been forced to keep it as short as possible as so not to offend both myself and my fellow man.

I do wear a wooly hat on walks though.

Two hats I cannot stand 

- Baseball caps on British men.

- The new found fondness of certain gents to try and dress up like a 1930s Birmingham gangster

Both woeful.

Please tell me you at least sport a bandana on occasion, in order to keep said flowing locks out of your eyes