Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Loads of back dated deaths added today , think it was 400 in last 24 hours, think it’s an attempt to scare people in to behaving. Boris to Hammond can you not find a few more deaths to under pin our message. 

I don't know how true that is, it's difficult to belive any of the numbers these days.

Even if it was only 400 today, it was over 1000 yesterday, unless they're now artificially inflating the numbers everyday to try and scare people, but I'm not sure why they would do that.

Anyway, it is what it is, more will die over the next few weeks/months then it'll start to get better eventually, and we can finally get back to some sort of normality.

Edited by Sweep

• Members
17 minutes ago, kent_white said:

That's how I read it - but Blondie reckons we might be on double time. In which case - game on! Need to reread that email! :)

Deffo double time. One of the big wigs was asking my band 7. She told them no thanks 😂 I on the other hand have a very expensive 2021 coming up

If we can get logistics organised to 600,000 tests/day, we should be able to do the same for vaccinating, I’d have thought?

Edited by boltondiver

57 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

When they (Government/Scientists) say there's a new variant of Covid, what do they actually mean?

Is it a new SARS?

How and why is it a NEW variant ?

Why is it prevalent in certain countries ?

Where as this new variant come from ?

They actually tell you fuck all, no explanations, no nothing, except there's a new variant, and people on the socials all become the new wave of scientists and viral researchers, doctors and professors of the human body!

Listen to last night's More or Less on radio 4, gives you a breakdown of why its 70% more virulent. Really interesting, but then its been a beacon of truth throughout this whole thing.

Its all out there, from what I can see across various publications and programmes, they just don't go.into detail in the main briefings.

https://www.livescience.com/uk-variant-coronavirus-faq.html

Edited by Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

When they (Government/Scientists) say there's a new variant of Covid, what do they actually mean?

Is it a new SARS?

How and why is it a NEW variant ?

Why is it prevalent in certain countries ?

Where as this new variant come from ?

They actually tell you fuck all, no explanations, no nothing, except there's a new variant, and people on the socials all become the new wave of scientists and viral researchers, doctors and professors of the human body!

Dunno what you've been watching, but there has been loads of coverage of this, with many epidemiologists giving fairly detailed explanations.

Loads more on the Internet, more nuanced depending upon your level of interest.

Already been plenty of variants, and no doubt more will follow. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thats 2 dollops of shite. 

How shite must you be when you're shitter than Cooper, eh?

so boris, there's a variant in Brazil we have known about for 4 days

What are we doing to stop it getting into the UK?

Wiff waff wiff waff nothing yet

• Moderators
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What you moaning about now- because we've not immediately stopped Brazilian flights?

Erm, yes

Its either serious or its not

But go on, you were probably odds on to come up with a far fetched justification. :)