Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Me mum’s been done

Seems strange that those who have had it are being vaccinated, but I read that the protection is only for 4 months (?)

Better safe than sorry

They've slipped the reinfection possibilities out as 5 months protection is a good thing.

Herd immunity a pipe dream and vaccines likely to be yearly like flu. Happy days 

15 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Me mum’s been done

Seems strange that those who have had it are being vaccinated, but I read that the protection is only for 4 months (?)

Better safe than sorry

Nah, I reckon it will be much longer than that, a few years at least I bet for most. Theres only a handful of people who caught covid in early spring that have been reinfected 10 months later, so antibodies, or the ability to remake antibodies looks like its long standing. I might be wrong but hope not.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I feel your pain there.

Dog or cat its horrendous. Towards the end of my time with bmbc, my colleague was knocking on a bit, so I'd leave him on the mower all day, and take up the strimmer. 

Bad enough when taking turns, but day after day, hitting animal turds at around 8000rpm, would leave significant splatter patterns on the clothing and a reek to match.

Getting a face full was a particular highlight. 

Try the same on the hard shoulder banking when it’s what some filthy wagon driver has left in a Tesco bag ...🤢

16 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'd like to chime into the cat v dog debate with the greatest of levellers... 

If you have either your house smells and is full of fur

It is a fur point.

I mean, we domesticated cats to kill vermin and now we feed them. We trained dogs to protect livestock and property and now we buy them beds.

I think its us that are the odd ones here.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Nah, I reckon it will be much longer than that, a few years at least I bet for most. Theres only a handful of people who caught covid in early spring that have been reinfected 10 months later, so antibodies, or the ability to remake antibodies looks like its long standing. I might be wrong but hope not.

Some comment earlier about five months. Seems a bit short, but its not like one day all is good then the next you're fucked.

Just too much "info" out their at times.

Be happier once jabbed.

2 hours ago, Ani said:

My MIL is 84 and not been asked yet  

Fucking me off that people think I need a daily update on this from my missus. Despite being asked every day I have no idea when she might be asked to go along. 

The power of WWAys MIL getting done Sunday  

20 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Didn't they report today that that probably isn't the case if you caught it at the start? 

Although they are still at the beginning of all this, so I guess they are finding out more and more each day.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It is a fur point.

I mean, we domesticated cats to kill vermin and now we feed them. We trained dogs to protect livestock and property and now we buy them beds.

I think its us that are the odd ones here.

I watch people scooping dog shit up in a carrier bag and sticking it in their pocket (if they aren't cunts) and just think "what are you doing you mentalist". 

But then single dog lovers probably think the same when we've got kids! 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I watch people scooping dog shit up in a carrier bag and sticking it in their pocket (if they aren't cunts) and just think "what are you doing you mentalist". 

Better than leaving it in a tree.

4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I don't know about you but I never did put my kids shit in my pocket.

7 minutes ago, stevieb said:

You put your kids' shit into a carrier bag and then put it in your pocket?

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Didn't they report today that that probably isn't the case if you caught it at the start? 

Although they are still at the beginning of all this, so I guess they are finding out more and more each day.

If you mean the Siren study, it shows at least 5 months antibody cover, reinfection chance was in 0.66% and of those who were reinfecteced they had much milder symptoms than first time, and it was healthcare workers, who are exposed to much higher reinfection risks at a higher prevalence than joe public, so it's pretty low. And this wasn't vaccine cover, the vaccine is supposed to provide higher cover than average infection 83% v 95%, so hopefully it will be a tiny number.