Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

The guardian headline today:

Schools Covid chaos deepens as ministers halt daily mass testing

Of course they are delayed, there aren't any Pupil/Students in schools and colleges!! Absolute bell-ends are the Guardian!

The testing wasn't mandatory, Students are to be offered a test, so it was more a case of test as many as you can. Same with staff.

Staff in education who are going in during lockdown are being tested, as will be some of the vulnerable Students who are allowed in.

Did you actually read the article? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/20/planned-daily-covid-testing-in-english-schools-put-on-pause

You appear to be angry that a newspaper has reported some news.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm not angry at all, and yes I did read the article and it's somewhat misleading headline.

What is written in newspapers and reported in the media is different to what is happening within the education sector, I work in it and my wife has currently taken up a lead administrator role in the rollout of the mass testing to be given to staff and students at the same place. 

If you want to read and believe everything the Guardian says that's you prerogative.

...and stop the petty point scoring you woke prick!

Mass bollocks》mass testing.

The same with with everything. 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm not angry at all, and yes I did read the article and it's somewhat misleading headline.

What is written in newspapers and reported in the media is different to what is happening within the education sector, I work in it and my wife has currently taken up a lead administrator role in the rollout of the mass testing to be given to staff and students at the same place. 

If you want to read and believe everything the Guardian says that's your prerogative.

...and stop the petty point scoring you woke prick!

Which bit of the article is misleading?

Israeli scientists suggesting protection after one dose of the Pfizer vaccine is nowhere near the 89% cited by UK scientists after clinical trials. They think it could be as little as 33% based on what they are seeing “in the real world” - whatever that means. Really hope they are wrong as that would obviously mean delays in any relaxations.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Israeli scientists suggesting protection after one dose of the Pfizer vaccine is nowhere near the 89% cited by UK scientists after clinical trials. They think it could be as little as 33% based on what they are seeing “in the real world” - whatever that means. Really hope they are wrong as that would obviously mean delays in any relaxations.

The protection levels are defined by the results of the testing regime undertaken by the manufacturer: in this case Pfizer.

The information is reviewed for accuracy and then has to go through mhra approval.

The scientists looking at the data will do so very critically, so for them to accept the 89% there must have been very strong evidence. 

Why its now being seen as 33% is very strange- we need peelyfeet urgently. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I know, merely pointing out that is when it was needed most, at the beginning of the pandemic, we are were we are and the vaccine rollout is going excellently, although you get some who aren't happy... for petty points scoring.

Indeed. 

Undermining the efforts of those trying to help us seems to be a national past time these days.

One mp wanting BAME people to have higher priority; will leave that there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

One mp wanting BAME people to have higher priority; will leave that there.

theres been pushing for that for a while

my understanding is that there is a high percentage of bame with comorbidities

so, many are dieing due to that and they will be being prioritised anyway and then theres the ones who havent worked out what a mask is yet

they can get to fuck, as can whiteys who wont play ball