Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, burnden said:

This is more done in one day than in the whole of Wales so far , in fact almost double !!

Wales 212,317 so far , fucking useless cunts

The 410,000 includes Wales, as an integral part of the UK

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

So for every bloke in their 60's who get old stylee Rona they expect about 10 will die out of 1000. The new kid on the block will kill 13 to 14.

So is that 0.3 to 0.4 % higher mortality rate or 30 to 40% more dead folk with new vs old Covid?

The beauty of statistics eh!

Wonder what the other age groups are like?

• Members
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

The 410,000 includes Wales, as an integral part of the UK

My bad , still the point stands that the roll out here is sadly lacking , some nurses working in my local surgery who still haven't been vaccinated.

Just now, burnden said:

My bad , still the point stands that the roll out here is sadly lacking , some nurses working in my local surgery who still haven't been vaccinated.

I know, and Drakeford was certainly letting the country down last week.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

And even then, we only know which strain a person was infected with in 8% of deaths.

Yep. It’s for the statistical geeks to play around with. It’s interesting and relevant but the most important thing from that briefing is that the data shows that the vaccine is just as effective with the new UK variant.

Not as confident with the other variants.

1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

@kent_whiteif a patient wears a c-pap. Shouldn't the staff be wearing a FFP3 mask? Boss argued with me today that only if they are covid+. I said it doesn't matter. What would you say? Tried finding the policies before I left but it was unclear. 

If it's aerosol generating then you should be wearing FFP 3. And CPAP is aerosol generating.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control/covid-19-infection-prevention-and-control-guidance-aerosol-generating-procedures

That's unless procedures have changed?

• Members
Just now, kent_white said:

If it's aerosol generating then you should be wearing FFP 3. And CPAP is aerosol generating.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control/covid-19-infection-prevention-and-control-guidance-aerosol-generating-procedures

Bloody knew it. Cheers. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I suppose in theory, if someone is no longer shedding virus, you'd be fine- certainly wouldn't want to be guessing though would you!

Kinell, surely everyone should have the equipment they need.

49 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I suppose in theory, if someone is no longer shedding virus, you'd be fine- certainly wouldn't want to be guessing though would you!

Kinell, surely everyone should have the equipment they need.

I think the kit is there. It's managers getting mixed up about if and when it's required! 

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are you sure- only a few days ago there were 60000 in a day.

Either way, given numbers in hospital, seems essential to get numbers down as quickly as possible. 

I’m just going off the graph Whitty put up

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

I think the kit is there. It's managers getting mixed up about if and when it's required! 

A swift headbutt to the nose should see them learn quicker.

Some of the stories I hear from a family member (hospital pharmacist) suggest there are a number of folk who should know better. Scary shit at times.