Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Do we want the UK all sorted and vaccined way ahead of the EU?

Which I guess rules out any UK resident travelling to Spain this year at the very least

Or

Do we try and get all countries done at roughly the same pace and possibly open up borders a bit sooner?

You've not thought this through.

If all brits are vaccinated, then surely other countries would be happy to have them.

It certainly reduces the chance of more new strains developing here too. They'll be pleased by that.

Other countries should aspire to reach the levels of Israel and us. Not us reduce our levels to allow them to catch up.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Ideally, we spread the love and the vaccine, wih the bonus folks can secure their rightful place on the beaches of Costa Del Sol.

But, we need to look after our population as best we can.

A great year for caravans etc

No one is spreading the love until their bit is well on the way, and there is plenty to go round.

That said, if 'nations' didn't piss about and placed orders quickly...

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No one is spreading the love until their bit is well on the way, and there is plenty to go round.

That said, if 'nations' didn't piss about and placed orders quickly...

One Kate Bingham, there's only........

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You've not thought this through.

If all brits are vaccinated, then surely other countries would be happy to have them.

It certainly reduces the chance of more new strains developing here too. They'll be pleased by that.

Dunno, you can still spread it can't you? 

In answer to @Spider's question, do what we need to do to get the UK vaccinated asap, I want to go to the pub, not Bernidorm

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Dunno, you can still spread it can't you? 

In answer to @Spider's question, do what we need to do to get the UK vaccinated asap, I want to go to the pub, not Bernidorm

Jury is still out on that, though I think it was Pfizer who said little or no onward transmission. 

Either way, a heavily immunised population is going to see the incidence decline. We'll be the safest travellers around (with the Israelis of course).