Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, mickbrown said:

Credit where it's due.......

You are the best Boris fluffer on this site, bar none.

2 things

1. I’m not; feel free to read my views on the virus

2. and if I was, so what?

• Site Supporter

For me, Boris and his Government fucked up big style from the start until Christmas. Some things were left far too late and some we have the benefit of hindsight so you have to give some slack but still you have to look east to how to deal with this. 

Care homes was the worst aspect as was mixed and confusing messaging leading to lock downs that were not where near as effective as should have been. Oh an test and trace was utter shit at first despite the world beating bollocks from the dickhead.

Best has been the vaccine rollout, superb so far. 2nd has been the spread of vaccine contracts, they have invested a lot of money for all the major frontrunners and this is already paying dividends. Third is the furlough scheme, yes it isn't perfect but it has saved hundreds of thousands of jobs if not more. It will cost us all long run but morally I think they got it right.

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, L/H White said:

has anyone had a bad reaction to vaccine yet or know of anyone? 

I know of one girl whos ended up in hospital 

Seems be fine now like 

I've been feeling sick all day without actually throwing up. Slept till 1pm today  after having vaccine last night

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Testing, from virtually nothing, to the most effective in Europe in a matter of months.

Shit of course.

3/4m today

• Members
19 hours ago, Spider said:

Mate in Perth said Bunnings and Cole’s were like trench warfare

Aye and fucking Woolworths even worse with gormless dolts cleaning out all pasta and toilet rolls again (thick as pigshit - how much fucking pasta can you eat by this coming Friday!!). Supermarket trolleys piled high with these items. Fucking madness.

The Indian guy who has the UK variant apparently caught it at the hotel where he works as a security guard. It's an isolation hotel. Concern that he's been moonlighting as an Uber driver.

Talk this morning about switching from hotel quarantine to 'dongers' (demountables) administered by the military. I'd be happy for some of my taxes to go towards that.

My gut feeling is that it will all be over by Friday and all those silly cunts with bog roll and pasta piled high in their rumpus rooms will be stuck with it. I hope the supermarkets tell them to fuck off if they try to return it.

Edited by bolty58

26 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Taking wife to work this morning and saw a flyer stuck on the green box at the bottom of Victoria Road that said "Stop Testing Healthy People".

Do you have to be really committed or just really bored to be walking around sticking them on things?

mentalily ill

The UK's stockpile of vaccines is growing and growing.

A new order of 40 million additional doses of the Valneva vaccine takes the total being provided to Britain by the French company to 100 million.

The doses will be delivered between 2022 and 2025.

That’s because this vaccine is still in its early clinical trials - but it's also a sign that the government is preparing for injections to be given annually, potentially for years and years.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, boltondiver said:

3/4m today

I've had a look. Just over half were pcr tests. Pcr testing capacity is over 800000.

Around 300000 lft tests.

Hopefully, these latter ones will be picking up a number of asymptomatic folk, although obviously not all, because of its comparative lack of accuracy. 

Wife had her first one provided through work last week; a weekly event now- I assume these will all be bunged into the numbers.

All good, including for Miami's shares.

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've had a look. Just over half were pcr tests. Pcr testing capacity is over 800000.

Around 300000 lft tests.

Hopefully, these latter ones will be picking up a number of asymptomatic folk, although obviously not all, because of its comparative lack of accuracy. 

Wife had her first one provided through work last week; a weekly event now- I assume these will all be bunged into the numbers.

All good, including for Miami's shares.

Not shooting up

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=omega+share+price

58 minutes ago, Spider said:

Aye

Sluggish for a while after peaking up around a quid. Considering baling out at that point but it’s a hold

I was did bail out at just over £1, and was lucky to make near enough £5K - I wasn't being smart or anything, I just needed the cash as I was moving house......and I confirmed with @miamiwhite at the time, I'm not after timing here 🙂. If I could have at the time, I'd have left the money in ODX, as it was on the march and looking good, but I needed to sell

I've still got 1064 shares left in ODX, so I'll just let them ride, and look to top skim if they hit £1.42, but I'm not so sure they'll hit above £1 again anytime soon

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sweep said:

I was did bail out at just over £1, and was lucky to make near enough £5K - I wasn't being smart or anything, I just needed the cash as I was moving house......and I confirmed with @miamiwhite at the time, I'm not after timing here 🙂. If I could have at the time, I'd have left the money in ODX, as it was on the march and looking good, but I needed to sell

I've still got 1064 shares left in ODX, so I'll just let them ride, and look to top skim if they hit £1.42, but I'm not so sure they'll hit above £1 again anytime soon

I'd have thought their time would be around about now if anything special was going to happen, but I know precious little about them so follow the advice of our cat-loving friend.