Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

48 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The Vaccine:

I assume if you are on the NHS database and have an NHS card/number you will be contacted and offered a vaccine, when it's that particular age/group you are in.

Q: What about the ones who are not on the NHS database, who don't have an NHS/MEDICAL number ?

Would a lot of these be illegal immigrants? You would assume there are and they won't be immune, they will still contract and transmit the virus, and its never really under control, there will also be a good number of those who don't want the vaccine, including anti-vaxxers.

Was talking to the head cleaner at work today, Dot, Jamaican lady and 71 years old, said she isn't having the vaccine, she has also never had a flu jab and is in good health and doesn't need it, she said the vaccine as not been tested enough she also says she believes in God and the lord. Everybody at work thinks the world of Dot and I for one respect her views, some won't and will deem her selfish. 

10m vaccines done out of a 68m population, fucking fantastic effort. Out of 68m how many do we think will be vaccinated ? 60m ? Still leaves a lot of people to transmit the virus and any new variants.

It isn't going to be perfect and this virus is probably never going to go away.

Be less than that - the arent vaccinating the under 18s

48 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The Vaccine:

I assume if you are on the NHS database and have an NHS card/number you will be contacted and offered a vaccine, when it's that particular age/group you are in.

Q: What about the ones who are not on the NHS database, who don't have an NHS/MEDICAL number ?

Would a lot of these be illegal immigrants? You would assume there are and they won't be immune, they will still contract and transmit the virus, and its never really under control, there will also be a good number of those who don't want the vaccine, including anti-vaxxers.

Was talking to the head cleaner at work today, Dot, Jamaican lady and 71 years old, said she isn't having the vaccine, she has also never had a flu jab and is in good health and doesn't need it, she said the vaccine as not been tested enough she also says she believes in God and the lord. Everybody at work thinks the world of Dot and I for one respect her views, some won't and will deem her selfish. 

10m vaccines done out of a 68m population, fucking fantastic effort. Out of 68m how many do we think will be vaccinated ? 60m ? Still leaves a lot of people to transmit the virus and any new variants.

It isn't going to be perfect and this virus is probably never going to go away.

Probably around 10m have had it already, so they probably don’t need vaccinating at the moment 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Probably around 10m have had it already, so they probably don’t need vaccinating at the moment 

Had it, now immune, so tbh didn't see much point in the vaccine for myself 

However the news today that the vaccine stops it spreading... has swayed me, ill have the vaccine when its time. 

7 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Had it, now immune, so tbh didn't see much point in the vaccine for myself 

However the news today that the vaccine stops it spreading... has swayed me, ill have the vaccine when its time. 

I’d have thought, logically, that your antibodies would have the same effect as a vaccine.

But, that’s just shit guesswork 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

I’d have thought, logically, that your antibodies would have the same effect as a vaccine.

Well yes  as the vaccine is a toned down version of the virus to safely introduce your body to it and allow time for the white blood cells to combat it before it takes hold..

No idea about how this "reduces transmission works". 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Vaccine gives better performance in producing antibodies. Why- ask peely as I haven't a clue.

Especially if it has been a while since infection.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Ta. I don't follow him anyway.

Can I send you a PM miami? It says you are unable to receive them, so I don't know if your inbox is full or whatever. It's nothing to do with anything on here.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Just because my friend and I are valued members of the twitter tribe and you are a vile thug who is banned 😃 🤔 

My friend and I.

Who’s Lucky Pierre? Esco? Royal? Bolty... it’s Bolty

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

So is Bolty ill? Do we know why he's on a post a day limit yet? 

I sincerely hope not.

I’m pretty sure he’s just in the outback spending his days in massive quarries and his evenings trapping his penis between a pair of kangaroo tails and drinking fosters.

Not sure what illness restricts you to one post a day on a football forum, so assuming it’s nothing actually rubbish.

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

I sincerely hope not.

I’m pretty sure he’s just in the outback spending his days in massive quarries and his evenings trapping his penis between a pair of kangaroo tails and drinking fosters.

Not sure what illness restricts you to one post a day on a football forum, so assuming it’s nothing actually rubbish.

Who said he was restricted? I would imagine it’s out of choice tbh