Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Right, I don't mean to be a drama queen, but since yesterday, I've had aching muscles, especially my back, neck and wrists, had a bit of a headache too (only minor)I don't want to spread any germs around my place of work and I've been on the Government website to maybe book a Covid test, but because I haven't lost my sense of taste, I don't have a cough or feel like I have a high temperature either, I shouldn't go for a test according to the website.

Am I being a hypochondriac or should I lie about my symptoms to get a test?

• Members
1 minute ago, Blondi said:

Right, I don't mean to be a drama queen, but since yesterday, I've had aching muscles, especially my back, neck and wrists, had a bit of a headache too (only minor)I don't want to spread any germs around my place of work and I've been on the Government website to maybe book a Covid test, but because I haven't lost my sense of taste, I don't have a cough or feel like I have a high temperature either, I shouldn't go for a test according to the website.

I'd say tell a few white lies and go for a test

28 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Just say you have symptoms and book one. The kings college london study is campaigining for fatigue, diarrhea, sore throat and headache to be added as symptoms. As from their data 31% of cases report these but none of the three "classic" symptoms.

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Get a test. They were pretty much my initial symptoms

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Blondi said:

there are loads of people telling porkies, if you say you have symptoms ,you are expected to self isolate for 10 days starting the day after the symptoms started, and so does anyone else that lives in the same household or until you get a negative test result. you then cannot get another test for 14 days. if you test positive , you then cannot have another test for 90 days.

HTH

10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

When was the last time anybody was weighed at the doctors anyway? Are they telepathic?

I get weighed at least once a year. Can’t fault Harwood medical centre and the nurses there - terrific. Bollock me every time but who can survive off 5 pints a week or whatever it is. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, fatty said:

I get weighed at least once a year. Can’t fault Harwood medical centre and the nurses there - terrific. Bollock me every time but who can survive off 5 pints a week or whatever it is. 

Aye, birthday month MOT. I get mine done at Crompton Way Health Centre or whatever it’s called this week.

• Site Supporter

Daughters graduation ceremony in July cancelled. 
bit of a pisser as thought it’d be going ahead with the progress made with vaccines etc and it was one thing I was looking forward to this year  but got official notification tonight. 
not been in the uni for a year and doing everything on line in a rented house . Could’ve saved a fortune and done the last year at home , but realise it’s not just her so it is what it is 

1 hour ago, fatty said:

Is it when you pass a certain age then? No offence intended btw. 

i can’t remember ever being weighed by a doctor or any medical professional. I was asked my weight last time I went for an op but that’s it. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

i can’t remember ever being weighed by a doctor or any medical professional. I was asked my weight last time I went for an op but that’s it. 

I think it may well be over 50s

On 23/02/2020 at 18:08, Sweep said:

It's pretty much "out" in the west now, so I'd expect that we will start to see an acceleration in cases. I doubt we'll get many deaths here in the UK/Europe, but it'll be interesting to see how we decide to react, and see if we'll put parts of the country on lock down if it does spread.

Indeed

10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Mild asthma so an annual check which turns into a bit of a well man. I keep casually wafting a 20 but the hint isn’t taken.