Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

12th April for outside. 
17th May inside 

Scotch egg not required 

Cheers. Just booking a weekend in Manc for mrs esco’s birthday in June and bringing her family down as well.

outdoor pints for my birthday in April as well 

Jimmy krankie can fuck off. 

Edited by Escobarp

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

And you can make that choice and stay in if you choose to mate. 

im becoming more comfortable with it now so will be enjoying my freedoms when it’s allowed. 

I'm on about kids going back so soon, nothing to do with me staying in

I'll be having mates round for BBQs/beers in the garden in April now it's allowed - seems a sensible, cautious approach, one set of mates at a time and not a free for all

looking forward to it

we'll all be fucked off if sending the kids back early in March means we then can't have BBQs in May, for the sake of waiting it out a few more weeks - sending kids back to school doesn't affect you either, but the outcome might affect when your freedoms are allowed

just seems rushed, especially as they are off again at easter

There will be mass Covid testing in secondary schools - with parents expected to carry out the testing at home, after three tests in school.

Home testing for secondary pupils will be twice weekly - but with no testing so far planned for primary.

Face masks will also be required in some secondary school classrooms.

After three Covid tests in secondary school and one home test, there will be twice-weekly tests carried out by parents and carers at home.

The tests are voluntary and will operate "based on trust", officials said.

But it remains uncertain how parents will feel about carrying out the lateral flow tests, which are usually swab tests, taking a sample from the back of the throat and and from the nose.

Schools will continue to provide some testing facilities for those children whose parents might not be able to carry out testing.

The Prime Minister Boris Johnson has set out his "roadmap" for the return to school from 8 March, with individual schools able to organise how different year groups go back during that first week.

Schools will be able to make their own decisions about how the return will be organised, with discretion over a phased return for that first week, such as the whether some year groups are brought back earlier.

An alliance of teachers' and head teachers' unions had warned that sending back 10 million children and school staff at the same time was "reckless" and risked triggering a fresh wave of infections.

Head teachers have raised a specific concern about the logistics of Covid testing - saying that in a secondary school with more than a thousand pupils it's not realistic to carry out tests on all pupils if they arrive at the same time, so the start will have to be staggered.

6 hours ago, Horwich said:

I am not a big fan of teachers. They will do whatever they can to get out of doing the job that they are paid for.

Double fact.

you think they are bad, try dentists , sat on their arses all last year on full salary

i spoke to one in Glasgow this morning and she said it is disgusting how most of them are behaving

the term she used was complete shite (in a thick Glasgow accent )

Bearing in mind that in normal times you would be very lucky to find one that works more than 3 days a week