Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The nhs doesn't know about illegal immigrants, by definition. So they won't be called.

If, however they come forward independently then I think they get the jab.

They should be grateful for it too- probably won't get it in the country they've legged it from. 

Get the jab and ticket home?

Aint going to happen is it?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Get the jab and ticket home?

Aint going to happen is it?

That’s why they've been promised an 'amnesty' to come forward iirc.

Perhaps they should let it be known that any illegal immigrant found not to have had it will face immediate deportation- no long drawn out application or appeal process- just straight out. Might make a few think.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That’s why they've been promised an 'amnesty' to come forward iirc.

Perhaps they should let it be known that any illegal immigrant found not to have had it will face immediate deportation- no long drawn out application or appeal process- just straight out. Might make a few think.

I missed the amnesty bit. In that case why wouldn't you?

Unless  you didn't trust these lying mo'fos🙂

48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The nhs doesn't know about illegal immigrants, by definition. So they won't be called.

If, however they come forward independently then I think they get the jab.

They should be grateful for it too- probably won't get it in the country they've legged it from. 

Trying to get my head around why the BAME lot aren't coming forward and I feel its about trust, why shouldn't the NHS share info with the Home Office? If the BAME stick their heads above the parapet then their residency or the residency of a loved one could be challenged; I don't blame them.

I went to a funeral pre-lockdown of an Asian bloke who served as a driver in the 7th Royal Tanks in WW2 and never since dared to go overseas including visiting family in case he would never be allowed back.

I feel an amnesty might be the answer, Get the UK Jab and you can stay in the UK

6 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Trying to get my head around why the BAME lot aren't coming forward and I feel its about trust, why shouldn't the NHS share info with the Home Office? If the BAME stick their heads above the parapet then their residency or the residency of a loved one could be challenged; I don't blame them.

I went to a funeral pre-lockdown of an Asian bloke who served as a driver in the 7th Royal Tanks in WW2 and never since dared to go overseas including visiting family in case he would never be allowed back.

I feel an amnesty might be the answer, Get the UK Jab and you can stay in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55892554

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Next Saturday at the Reebok

2 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Me too. See ya there 😁

Where's this place, then?

They haven't put a white cent into the club for many, many moons and were nowhere to be seen when we almost went to the wall...

They deserve no further association with our great club.

I could understand this reluctance to move on if the stadium was 'traditionally' named, but it's been sponsored/corporate since day one.

It's a disservice to, latterly Macron, and recently The University of Bolton who've actually coughed up cash to be linked with such an illustrious name.

It probably gets on my tits more than it should, but it's up there with folk with noses poking over masks or wearing one as a chin-nappy as a bugbear of mine.

6 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Where's this place, then?

They haven't put a white cent into the club for many, many moons and were nowhere to be seen when we almost went to the wall...

They deserve no further association with our great club.

I could understand this reluctance to move on if the stadium was 'traditionally' named, but it's been sponsored/corporate since day one.

It's a disservice to, latterly Macron, and recently The University of Bolton who've actually coughed up cash to be linked with such an illustrious name.

It probably gets on my tits more than it should, but it's up there with folk with noses poking over masks or wearing one as a chin-nappy as a bugbear of mine.

It will always be The Reebok to me

Edited by boltondiver

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

It will always be The Reebok to me

18 minutes ago, little whitt said:

THIS 

Fine.

Give the corporate shithouses who've dropped all association to the club and town like we're a fucking leper colony the honour of naming our home gratis and in perpetuity.

We owe them nothing.

@gonzo

I was thinking more potential sponsors who'll actually put money in may have reservations if loads of folk, still and always will, refer to it as 'The Reebok'...

Like I alluded to, if say, we'd redeveloped Burnden and then sold the rights and it was The KFC BucketBowl or The Dunlop Wellytop then it'd be perfectly understandable for folk to say "I'll stick with 'Burnden Park' thanks..."

We didn't - we relocated and it was corporate from day one.

Sir Nat knew the value of brass in pocket for the club more than most and, around the time of the move, vocally supported cash rights pragmatism over tradition. Calling it 'The Reebok' is neither, it's an expired corporate link only.

If I was a moneyman (or moneywoman) at Macron or The University I'd be royally pissed off every time I'd heard 'The Reebok' being used, especially on/in the radio/telly/social media/newspapers.

Every penny counts these days and we should be doing all we can to invite money in.

Every penny counts and Reebok have provided fuck all pennies for years now - fuck 'em.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I might add, I've no qualms to its historic use i.e. 'I was disgusted to see plastic manc vermin befoulling The Reebok when Oasis played there - one red scumbag had curled one off into a Coke cup in the ESL concourse, it was like a chocolate McFlurry...' or 'The Reebok was bouncing during the Charlton Quarter-Final...'

The cutoff date is the 3rd May 2014 by the way.

Anyone not abiding by this new edict will go on my list.

😀

Edited by Youri McAnespie

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Your company can sponsor away - we'll be glad of the money.

It'll always be The UniBol to me.

Until it isn’t!