Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

How did Germany close it's Borders ? I thought the EU didn't allow that :) The reason Germany have closed their Borders is because Towns along the Borders in France and Czech have got stupidly high levels of Covid at the moment. Technically the Borders aren't closed because you can still get through if you are a Worker and have all the relevant documentation. I have plenty of Czech guys who work for me and they are travelling normally.

Initial reports over here had Germany going even tighter at first and not letting workers in. Maybe it was an error in reporting or maybe Germany relaxed restrictions a little.

Whatever the case, the EU isn't happy.

11 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Redpill taken i see 😉 

Had mine done today at Lever Chambers, great to see the Army pitching in there.

Now, when are those pubs open you selfish bastards 😒 

I knew I'd seen/heard that phrase used on here recently  -  I know you're taking the absolute piss by using that phrase, but somebody just used it on a call that I've just been on with our BoD. Funny as fuck, as he was called out immediately by our CEO who said that he thought that he employed full grown adults, and not spotty 15 year olds who use childish internet speech.  He followed up by saying that if he ever hears or sees such a ridiculous statement being used in a professional sense again there would be trouble. It was so funny, my colleague just sat there glum looking, whilst the rest of us tried not to laugh 🤣 , we thought he was taking the piss, but he's told us that he's about to send an all staff memo out reminding us that we're a professional outfit who shouldn't be using Meme/Twitter type phrases. He is of course right, but it is funny

11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I knew I'd seen/heard that phrase used on here recently  -  I know you're taking the absolute piss by using that phrase, but somebody just used it on a call that I've just been on with our BoD. Funny as fuck, as he was called out immediately by our CEO who said that he thought that he employed full grown adults, and not spotty 15 year olds who use childish internet speech.  He followed up by saying that if he ever hears or sees such a ridiculous statement being used in a professional sense again there would be trouble. It was so funny, my colleague just sat there glum looking, whilst the rest of us tried not to laugh 🤣 , we thought he was taking the piss, but he's told us that he's about to send an all staff memo out reminding us that we're a professional outfit who shouldn't be using Meme/Twitter type phrases. He is of course right, but it is funny

That's a bit harsh. What is today's meme is tomorrow's turn of phrase. Its a bit Canute to try and lockdown language. He'll be shouting at clouds next!

I mean did Coleridge think an albatross round his neck would become common parlance when he started writing the rime of the ancient mariner? 

In the 1700s business execs chastising employees for using romantic poets type phrases rather than more professional language.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

That's a bit harsh. What is today's meme is tomorrow's turn of phrase. Its a bit Canute to try and lockdown language. He'll be shouting at clouds next!

I mean did Coleridge think an albatross round his neck would become common parlance when he started writing the rime of the ancient mariner? 

In the 1700s business execs chastising employees for using romantic poets type phrases rather than more professional language.

Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong - I don't know, I found it funny.

I would say though that these days people probably have to be more careful, certainly in the business world, about what they say in case it causes offence, is used inappropriately or is taken out of context. I've seen emails with people using the word "pwned" on it, which is fucking ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong - I don't know, I found it funny.

I would say though that these days people probably have to be more careful, certainly in the business world, about what they say in case it causes offence, is used inappropriately or is taken out of context. I've seen emails with people using the word "pwned" on it, which is fucking ridiculous.

I'm.with you on that one. It's all.about context - I'd be happy to use that on a teams channel between colleagues but obviously not with a client on an email.

45 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I bet the offender went onto social media and said he was living rent free in your CEO's head.

Just now, DazBob said:

I bet the offender went onto social media and said he was living rent free in your CEO's head.

probably, although presumably only after he gets through the dozens of memes that are currently being sent to him via email and TEAMS, by all the rest of the management team 🙂

57 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Initial reports over here had Germany going even tighter at first and not letting workers in. Maybe it was an error in reporting or maybe Germany relaxed restrictions a little.

This is a couple of weeks old but the initial response was more draconian. Not sure what the situation is now though. 
https://amp.dw.com/en/coronavirus-new-checks-cause-chaos-at-german-czech-border/a-56572675

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Bet he says "salty" too. The cunt.

not heard that before, but he does say things are "dry" a lot, and I've not got a fucking clue what he's on about. He is only about 5'8" though so nobody pays any attention to anything he says anyway 🙂

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Tell him to take a chill pill, FFS

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yeh but fuck the EU. Countries have been told they can do what they want to protect themselves. The rules on the Czech side are probably different to on the French side. There are a lot more cross border workers and many of them are key workers like Nurses or Aircraft Engineers. Where i work we are getting tested minimum 2 x per week and have to wear FFP2 Masks eveyrwhere. It pisses me off when people moan about wearing a Mask for 20 minutes in a Shop. They should try wearing one for 12 fucking hours, and if you are seen without your Mask on you are sent home without Pay for the rest of the day. Caught twice and it's a week. Fuck knows how they got it past the Unions here to be honest.

Guest Nordkurve
24 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

This is a couple of weeks old but the initial response was more draconian. Not sure what the situation is now though. 
https://amp.dw.com/en/coronavirus-new-checks-cause-chaos-at-german-czech-border/a-56572675

A couple of my Guys got turned back at the Border for not having the right Documentation initially. that was a Cock up from our Head Office that caused that. I have in total about 15 people who travel from or through Czech to get here and in the last week or so there haven't been any problems, or at least not with the people who work with me. I know that the queues for getting the second test once in Germany are pretty massive now at the Airport on Sunday now. There were more than 200 people waiting last Sunday afternoon to be tested.

30 minutes ago, Sweep said:

not heard that before, but he does say things are "dry" a lot, and I've not got a fucking clue what he's on about. He is only about 5'8" though so nobody pays any attention to anything he says anyway 🙂

Practically a midget then.

'The Matrix' is twenty two years old this year...

Lingo like that is used solely by sad old bastards who're under the delusion they're clued-up and trying to remain relevant.

In times gone by they'd have instead started up a neighbourhood watch scheme and/or surreptitiously started posting dog dirt through a Pakistani family's letterbox (next door but three).

(Cue angler/catch picture...)

6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

'The Matrix' is twenty two years old this year...

Lingo like that is used solely by sad old bastards who're under the delusion they're clued-up and trying to remain relevant.

In times gone by they'd have instead started up a neighbourhood watch scheme and/or surreptitiously started posting dog dirt through a Pakistani family's letterbox (next door but three).

(Cue angler/catch picture...)

Indeed, which I think is why our CEO said it was the sort of terminology that a spotty oik who spends all his days on Twitter and CoD would use, not a full grown* man in the real world

*as mentioned, he's only about 5'8" so technically, he's not full grown, but you know what I mean

14 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, which I think is why our CEO said it was the sort of terminology that a spotty oik who spends all his days on Twitter and CoD would use, not a full grown* man in the real world

*as mentioned, he's only about 5'8" so technically, he's not full grown, but you know what I mean

The sequels are utter shite an' all.

I went to see the second one at The Printworks, I fell asleep during it - that may have also been the jumbo cup of Tango (or Fanta) I tipped a half bottle of brandy into.

I'd been for lunchtime drinks too.

I was so refreshed I went for a piss then returned to my snooze, woke up about three hours later midway through 'Love Actually' - must've stumbled into the wrong screen and been none the wiser.

Fell asleep on the train on the way back too, jumped off first station and it was Langho, a strange name I'd never heard of before, that and the surrounding desolation made me think I'd slept through 'til Scotland.

A mate got pissed in Manchester once and missed Bolton's stop through powernapping, he actually did get rudely awakened by the guard in Lockerbie.

Edited by Youri McAnespie