Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I always though the data showing transmission in pubs and restaurants was so low a bit suspect. It just seemed completely at odds with reality.

This should be a national fucking scandal. But an episode of Oprah is more important apparently.

"Eat Out to Help Out the spread of the virus".

Edited by Cheese

@DazBob can you ask your mrs if she agrees with this please and that pubs and restaurants data weren’t used for track and trace? 

i know for a BOOMFACT that a pub near me that had an outbreak via a member of staff did go through track and trace. But maybe an exception?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

If someone refuses the vaccine,  can they then take it up at a later date? 

Just thinking of all the people from ethnic minority groups that didn't trust it when first offered.  

No, we're just going to laugh at them as they die for making a terrible decision.

Edited by Cheese

7 hours ago, only1swanny said:

If someone refuses the vaccine,  can they then take it up at a later date? 

Just thinking of all the people from ethnic minority groups that didn't trust it when first offered.  

Yes, they remain in the queue until they've had it. They can go online and book at any time.

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter

Step mum is Filipino,  they don't do medicines, let alone vaccines unless pushed to.  

Massive distrust,  sounds daft but its a cultural thing apparently.  Thing is she's a qualified midwife,  so quite well educated.  Dads just had it so she's changed her mind as she turned it down 

• Members
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

Step mum is Filipino,  they don't do medicines, let alone vaccines unless pushed to.  

Massive distrust,  sounds daft but its a cultural thing apparently.  Thing is she's a qualified midwife,  so quite well educated.  Dads just had it so she's changed her mind as she turned it down 

Used to work with a Filipino lass and their culture blew my mind. She still had a husband and kids in the Philippines she was just working to send money back, apparently that’s quite common. Gonna see if I can send our Maude to Brazil for work whilst I chill here

52 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Used to work with a Filipino lass and their culture blew my mind. She still had a husband and kids in the Philippines she was just working to send money back, apparently that’s quite common. Gonna see if I can send our Maude to Brazil for work whilst I chill here

Wouldn't it be better for her to stay here and work whilst you go and chill in Brazil?

Think I saw that there were 100 cases of the virus in the last 7 days for those of 70 or over.

Edited by boltondiver

• Members
29 minutes ago, Cartman2932 said:

Wouldn't it be better for her to stay here and work whilst you go and chill in Brazil?

I’ve been to Brazil, it’s fuckin mental. Same as Argentina. Loved going but wouldn’t live there 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Argentina mate get on it , fuckin lawless that place 

South America is getting done in hopefully the not too distant future. 

wouid love to do Argentina Brazil Peru and Columbia. Tbf I think any of the countries down there would be something to behold. 

Once I’ve been bummed in Thailand in December I will hopefully get that out my system and can move further afield on my travels 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

mrs used to work on cruises, folk from all over the world doing variou jobs, out at sea for the vast majority of the year, getting paid very well compated to wherever they were from and all sending it back home

the ones who worked at the bottom of the ship sorting all the bins and shit out were generally filipino, but were still miles better paid than most people back home

• Members
18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

South America is getting done in hopefully the not too distant future. 

wouid love to do Argentina Brazil Peru and Columbia. Tbf I think any of the countries down there would be something to behold. 

Once I’ve been bummed in Thailand in December I will hopefully get that out my system and can move further afield on my travels 

Love South America, it’s brilliant a complete different way of life 

15 minutes ago, Zico said:

mrs used to work on cruises, folk from all over the world doing variou jobs, out at sea for the vast majority of the year, getting paid very well compated to wherever they were from and all sending it back home

the ones who worked at the bottom of the ship sorting all the bins and shit out were generally filipino, but were still miles better paid than most people back home

Yeah she said there’s no money to be paid so a lot of people turn to selling drugs. Manny Pacquaio is like a god there because he broke away from tradition and became the Philippines poster boy  

19 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm going to Sark (Near Guernsey) last week in May, flights and ferries booked. Obviously classed as the UK, I'm hopeful.

Last week in may!

Possible play off final 

Just now, Mr Grey said:

It was booked last year, lockdown, so we booked it again straight away, flights were out in January. Autos anyway

Could be another port vale error this grey

anyway the good folk of Guernsey won’t want you wiganers coming ashore 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I always though the data showing transmission in pubs and restaurants was so low a bit suspect. It just seemed completely at odds with reality.

That's really dog shit. Would like to know what's gone wrong- folk will have been infected.