Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm going to Sark (Near Guernsey) last week in May, flights and ferries booked. Obviously classed as the UK, I'm hopeful.

At present, haven't the Channel Islands banned any tourists (even UK based ones) from traveling over there?

16 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Flights are running, ferries were announced last week, full service (3 times a day) from mid-May. We are booked on, with the island ferry service now on, we feel tourists could be back over soon, however Sark has a population of just over 400, I wouldn't want us over.

But we haven't got the go ahead yet, I've booked with a mate who goes over there a lot and he is optimistic, I'm around 25% it will happen.

If these infection rates keep dropping you never know, but I'm now a bit sceptical because schools are mass testing from next week, I envisage an increase in infection numbers.

You would expect that'll see a huge leap in infections, but you never know. 

I've always fancied Sark, it looks ace

4 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Traf is the best person for advice on all this, but I bet the lads inundated.

Never too busy for the good people of WW.

It's the "get me 2 weeks in Bora Bora for thruppence" mob I'm too busy for.

Mrs went for hers at bealeys in Radcliffe the nurse said some folk were walking out when told it was the AstraZeneca jab wtf!

Also to use stock up for missed appointments (which apparently happens most days) they more or less try and get hold of anyone who’s available to come down 

20 hours ago, Escobarp said:

@DazBob can you ask your mrs if she agrees with this please and that pubs and restaurants data weren’t used for track and trace? 

i know for a BOOMFACT that a pub near me that had an outbreak via a member of staff did go through track and trace. But maybe an exception?

She'd not know one way or another. She was just given the details of someone to ring and then as a result of the conversation she'd submit a list of places they'd been and people they'd been in contact with.

So if they'd been in a pub that would be noted, but whether that anything was done with that information she'd not know.

We

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Mrs went for hers at bealeys in Radcliffe the nurse said some folk were walking out when told it was the AstraZeneca jab wtf!

We've one older person who has been working at home throughout who refused to have her jab because it was the AZ one, and they've said all along they wouldn't come back in without being vaccinated.

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

We

We've one older person who has been working at home throughout who refused to have her jab because it was the AZ one, and they've said all along they wouldn't come back in without being vaccinated.

I don't get it? What is their reasoning for not having the AZ one?

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Weird

probably #FBPE

or summat

Mutti madness 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's really dog shit. Would like to know what's gone wrong- folk will have been infected.

When Bolton was shut and Salford was open I called in 'Spoons Walkden. They had the Track and trace app thing to sign in on your phone. Which I did. They also had a young seven stone female bar staff member on the door asking people to sign in. Just before me some lads went in mob-handed and only one signing in. Now, if the one who was signing gave his real name it's a start, but the number of Mickey Mouses and Donald Ducks signed in must have been  phenomenal.

10 hours ago, Winchester White said:

My mate had Covid in January, was rough but kept out of hospital went for AZ jab on Thursday said he’s been rough as fuck since he’s pretty fit lad, said he’s never felt so bad. Apparently if you’ve had covid the jab can make you poorly again. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Superb. Thx booked both jabs. 10th March & 26th May. 👍

Wife says dont make any plans based on getting the 2nd one on that date

No guarantee that will happen 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My mate had Covid in January, was rough but kept out of hospital went for AZ jab on Thursday said he’s been rough as fuck since he’s pretty fit lad, said he’s never felt so bad. Apparently if you’ve had covid the jab can make you poorly again. 

Apparently

As in a bloke outside the locked pub said so?

• Members
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not true. 

5 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Not true. 

It does seem logical that if you already have anti bodies your system may have a more pronounced immune response when the vaccine hits. Not the same as get Ill again I know