Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just had a quick flick through the first pages of this thread (was a really boring zoom call)

It seems Fan5 was the only one calling it correct from the start. Miami thought it was a silly overreaction, as did Esco but then did a quick volte-face - my favourite were the thoughts around furlough from a certain section of the board...

''I think there are going to be some disappointed folk if they think they are getting to take time off sick and get paid for an extended period courtesy of the public purse ''

*sick 

proven correct I think? Or is furlough for people who are sick?

which is bull shit. Our grade 6 and below at work get stat sick pay if off with covid yet folk were on furlough at full pay not even 80%. Something wrong there. 

Edited by Escobarp

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

This Sunday we got told to work from home. What a very odd year.

In good news though my Mrs is on flex furlough from May and back to full time in September. 

Such good news, might actually ride this out without going bankrupt.

Fascinating......

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

After the jab yesterday feel a little bit tired & achy, like a Sunday afternoon after a heavy Saturday, pre Covid. 

I never actually felt shittier than usual but was effin' tired I slept in until 9am which is unknown, then I was okay

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

About half of that

Cheers was trying to explain to my missus why an increase in positive tests does not the number of infected people has increased but it has been 12 months of lockdown and she does NOT FUCKING LISTEN. 

I’ve a meeting next Thursday morning and will be having a lateral flow test before going in. The company all get tested Monday and Thursday and external visitors are allowed in on those days after having a negative test. Not a problem for me. Test and sit in car til the result is in

• Site Supporter

It is worth pointing out that over 5000 people a day are still testing positive.

Thats low, right, but it’s still there, waiting for us to just start mixing again.

I still think it would be absolutely amazing if - ‘huge if - we could get that number to 1000 or 500 maybe  then treat every case like they did those Brazil variants 

Spend that £37 billion on “man markers”. Every case gets a person assigned to make sure they isolate properly.

Then it’s gone. Incoming at ports can be man-marked the same way.

Justify the spend and shut cunts like me up.