Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The bill is there in case it is needed.

Exactly. From what I understand parts of it have not been needed. They've also reduced its size/scope now.

Whether folk agree with all the measures is one thing, but suggesting it's some deliberate ploy to control our lives and make the economy weaker is something else.

One thing which isn't mentioned much, but was touched upon by Simon Stevens, was the need to get people jabbed and sorted, and cases down, so as to allow some breathing space for the vaccine manufacturers to develop and manufacture modified versions which we may well need come the winter time, by means of a top up to protect against variants.

Looking at the long term there, and beyond just this summer, which really is important for stable recovery and growth. 

Fingers crossed, we're doing OK as things are.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

First jabs give sufficient protection to be able to unlock. Deaths are being obliterated even now, those not yet vaccinated are at virtually zero risk. 

Deaths are being obliterated as well as we are still In lockdown don’t forget. People seem To disregard this for some Reason 

but my point is still valid reasoning for the October deadline 

I want out as well before you start a rant about me Wanting to be locked down for the rest of my life etc 😎

Edited by Escobarp

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope so. Still don’t see why it needs to be until October. Good to see 76 MPs not acting like sheep. 

Just in case it’s needed

We’ll be mostly out by 21 June, at the latest. Apart from holidaying abroad.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Has he said it’s a definite no?

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

That's not my point. No matter what he says, they just want to dig.

I'd tell em to fuck off

saw something on the BBC news ticker that said it would only be an option once everyone has been offered a jab

it also suggested it was something that would help out businesses who can't afford to be regulary testing staff, so as to protect them

which seems at odds with the fact you can get them for free, here:

https://www.gov.uk/get-workplace-coronavirus-tests

25 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Deaths are being obliterated as well as we are still In lockdown don’t forget. People seem To disregard this for some Reason 

but my point is still valid reasoning for the October deadline 

I want out as well before you start a rant about me Wanting to be locked down for the rest of my life etc 😎

I’m not ranting at anyone, except the government. 

• Site Supporter

I don’t know what everyone on here does for a living but as many of us are experts and know exactly what should be happening now to make sure things progress to give the best possible outcome for all I’m surprised Boris hasn’t looked here for his next recruitment push.

Edited by MickyD

36 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

If you want to go abroad, do what that lad did when he wanted to see his missus on the IoM

Rent a jetski and ride to France 😀

4 1/2 hours at sea, fined, jailed and probably birched and what did they do? Went to a nightclub...

Kids these days, I'd have wanted a titwank until the Yeomanry dragged me off...

9450c268-6b70-4662-abc0-668302007b9a-1.j

8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

They can extend things to kingdom come but it's all over after 21st June because there'll be that many people who don't give a fuck after that that nothing will be enforceable.

If they thought it might go on longer they should have been far more vague.

I think you're right. It'll be over as soon as the general public decide they've had enough.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Pubs for the majority of their opening times don’t have a bouncer on the door so you leave it to the unlucky person behind the bar

I think it was a shitty thing to say then leave it up to either the pub or the police to sort out. They’ll both say it isn’t them and it’s back to the mask in supermarkets problem 

Cue videos of pissed up cunts in pubs demanding to be served claiming to be exempt