Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Cases would be lower too if cunts would actually isolate when required. Latest numbers from ons on this were shocking and show that irrespective of whatever mistakes authorities may have made, a lot of soul searching is required by some.

Thankfully, the vaccines are preventing many from getting ill and dead.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Cases would be lower too if cunts would actually isolate when required. Latest numbers from ons on this were shocking and show that irrespective of whatever mistakes authorities may have made, a lot of soul searching is required by some.

Thankfully, the vaccines are preventing many from getting ill and dead.

I get both sides some folk simply can’t afford to isolate 

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I would agree wholeheartedly.

So what you are saying is we were faced with a crisis we had no experience of managing , struggled (badly at the outset) but have learned and now appear to be managing it well all things considered? 

For it all changed the day that Army bloke turned up at the Press Briefing and explained it was a big task but we will get it right. 
Instead of politicians coming up with slogans and appointing their mates. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

For it all changed the day that Army bloke turned up at the Press Briefing and explained it was a big task but we will get it right. 
Instead of politicians coming up with slogans and appointing their mates. 

Aye.

And his reward was Boris saying thanks then taking 10,000 soldiers off him 😁

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I get both sides some folk simply can’t afford to isolate 

How many do you think in all reality?

I'd suggest it's very few. Either that or a large proportion of the population are being paid nine tenths of fuck all.

Another bandwagon expanded by the media.

Many refusing to get tested too. A lot of these individuals are far from skint, but on the other hand are comfortable and just don't want their way of life being affected for a couple of weeks. A lot of selfish behaviour. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'd suggest it's very few. Either that or a large proportion of the population are being paid nine tenths of fuck all.

Many refusing to get tested too. A lot of these individuals are far from skint, but on the other hand are comfortable and just don't want their way of life being affected for a couple of weeks. A lot of selfish behaviour. 

I reckon there’s a big chunk of folk who just tip working tax qualification and other benefits who will get no help with rent or mortgage etc 

Yes there will be some genuine cunts just blatantly being awkward but it’s not just about the low income category 

9 hours ago, Spider said:

Traf must be loving it 🙄

Superb, mate.

Everytime we see some light at the end of the tunnel, it's actually just another Tory cunt with a torch coming to tell us to put our plans back a further 3 months.

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Relatively recent studies tend to show about 40% of working adults have savings of less than £1,000, with millions having savings of less less than £100.

46 minutes ago, stevieb said:

10 deaths. 

Get pubs open you cunts.

Or village pub announced yesterday that it's now permanently closed. When I moved here 17 years ago, there were 4 pubs and a "club" now we're down to just the club

Getting pub bookings through April is impossible (well decent gaffs) many keeping tables for walk ins but queuing for tables ain’t appealing 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Relatively recent studies tend to show about 40% of working adults have savings of less than £1,000, with millions having savings of less less than £100.

Got nothing to do with not being able to isolate. If you've been diagnosed with covid, then you go off sick.

In reality, how many firms don't pay anything during sick leave?

May be a bit different when t and t contact you and ask you to stay inside because you've been in contact with a positive case. Even then, many folk have been able to work from home.

Way to easy to just lump everyone into the poverty bracket.

33 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Got nothing to do with not being able to isolate. If you've been diagnosed with covid, then you go off sick.

May be a bit different when t and t contact you and ask you to stay inside because you've been in contact with a positive case. Even then, many folk have been able to work from home.

What’s SSP? Not worth a wank and some have no holidays to take as many run April to April. Like I’ve said before especially the area I work in the shop floor lads massively boost their wage from overtime so for some  its a non starter 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Traf said:

I'm supporting the economy, though. I've bought a British rope.

Good lad

you could take on an apprentice and learn good old fashioned British fisherman’s knots. 🇬🇧 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

35 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think you'd be surprised how many workplaces pay nothing, especially at the low end of the employment sector.

I know previous to the contract I'm on now I hadn't been on a contract with paid sick leave for years. 

14 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What’s SSP? Not worth a wank and some have no holidays to take as many run April to April. Like I’ve said before especially the area I work in the shop floor lads massively boost their wage from overtime so for some  its a non starter 

£96.35 per week after the fourth day of sick leave.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Getting pub bookings through April is impossible (well decent gaffs) many keeping tables for walk ins but queuing for tables ain’t appealing 

Give it a week, until people realise how shit it is under the required restrictions, then there will be no issues at all getting a table.

• Site Supporter

Vaccine passports can fuck off.

Why should young, healthy types - Me, for example - sit by and watch doddery old cunts swan off abroad just because they’re shit and couldn’t cope with a bit of flu?

Get tae fuck