Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

We haven't had a known positive patient on our caseload for ages. At one point we lost count of how many. Dropping like flies in care homes they where. Fucking love the NHS sometimes. 

I don't think I've ever worked as hard in my life as I have the past 12 months. I'm fucking knackered and need a proper holiday! 😁

There been some pretty damn scary times mind you! That first couple of months especially when none of us really knew what was going on and people were dropping left, right and centre. Amazing looking back now! 👍

15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The critical condition statistic is also just 417 across the UK, that was in the thousands a month ago, its now the lowest in the world, excellent news. 

Worryingly most of Europe and South America are up shit creek! 

Surely banning people in and out of the UK to those countries is crucial.

It's India I'm nervous for. Over 100,000 new cases a day. A couple of weeks time and I dread to think what their death toll is going to be! 😳

• Members
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I don't think I've ever worked as hard in my life as I have the past 12 months. I'm fucking knackered and need a proper holiday! 😁

There been some pretty damn scary times mind you! That first couple of months especially when none of us really knew what was going on and people were dropping left, right and centre. Amazing looking back now! 👍

It was in a sentence 'fucking awful' 

We got through it though 👍

Just now, Mr Grey said:

I've booked mine in the UK 😃

I won't diss people Who want a holiday on the Costa, Greece or Portugal, people just wanna break and a bit of sunshine. 

Moved our Portugal hol till next year but I’m certainly not getting shafted on a UK break

4 minutes ago, 1969 said:

This AZ slight deviation to me is a over reaction.Think it was  13 people in the UK got dead after over 20 million stabbed.

The media? Overreacting?

a first for everything, I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Campsites have gone a little more expensive, but not majorly.

Got a cottage in Sark in June, Lakes in July and Northumberland in August.

Will pop a Yorkshire 3 peaks walk in-between... hopefully.

Get some camping gear, great for kids and the dog, out in the open air in the countryside, castles, waterfalls etc.. this country as a lot to offer... apart from guaranteed sunshine.

Got a few booked in ain’t you

lad will love it daughter won’t it will just end up kicking off and a waste of time 

1 hour ago, 1969 said:

This AZ slight deviation to me is a over reaction.Think it was  13 people in the UK got dead after over 20 million stabbed.

Tbf we have a choice of vaccines, one potentially has very small negative outcomes which affects the risk makes sense to use the alternatives on the younger folk. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Tbf we have a choice of vaccines, one potentially has very small negative outcomes which affects the risk makes sense to use the alternatives on the younger folk. 

Not disagreeing with you pal but just think its a over reaction and gives the anti vaccers another drum to bang

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

12k fans allowed at euros games at hampden so less than 25%. Shite that 

Ireland can't even confirm if they can let anyone in yet, the deadline was today

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Not disagreeing with you pal but just think its a over reaction and gives the anti vaccers another drum to bang

I agree in general that the media has some questions to answer. In this case, now that the mhra and ema have found a probable link, it does seem reasonable to take the action they have.

European counties have been over reacting and criticising the AZ vaccine from the off in some cases and have done their own damage. Nobbers. 

• Site Supporter

Posted this in the cricket section too, but thought I’d pop this madness in this thread too, cricket clubs and sport clubs can’t serve when there’s a game going on only afterwards as far as I understand it, yet a pub can throw a screen up in a car park and get punters in. Yet a space like a cricket club where there is lots of outdoor space cannot, clubs rely on this income. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Posted this in the cricket section too, but thought I’d pop this madness in this thread too, cricket clubs and sport clubs can’t serve when there’s a game going on only afterwards as far as I understand it, yet a pub can throw a screen up in a car park and get punters in. Yet a space like a cricket club where there is lots of outdoor space cannot, clubs rely on this income. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is that based on restrictions from the 12th April? Is that likely to change on the 17th May

• Site Supporter

I know we (Heaton) aren’t opening (socially) till May 17th earliest. In hindsight a good decision, all though I was keen to to see us opening. Feel for those clubs who have pushed the boat out to go from Monday, an absolutely crazy decision. Hopefully that stupid decision will be modified by May