Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Anyway does this vaccine work, it seems the decisions being made subsequently are to the contrary.

Covid Vaccine = Game Changer 🙄

Still be using game changer phrase next year when we’re on restrictions just to go football 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

You can go on holiday via the new Government traffic light system.

A PCR test is required that you may need to pay for.

Apparently the LFT are not good enough, the same ones you can collect from a pharmacy for free that the Government states are totally reliable 👀

So the LFT are not worth shit, you can pick holes in all this shit, its pointless going abroad, its not worth all the quarantine shite that comes with it, you go on fucking holiday to relax.

Dear me, perhaps the authorities in other countries would prefer travellers to be pcr tested?

As it is more accurate, it should pick up cases being brought in, and therefore reduce new variants incoming. 

The lfds are a great tool for finding those symptom free individuals who may he at large inadvertently spreading our own variants.

Don't you think it's all part of the reason, together with our vaccine programme, that we are now doing so well.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

The Government and the opposition will make any excuse to curb our freedoms. 

The vaccine has been a tremendous success, a fucking GAME CHANGER, yet fuck all has changed.

Sorry, but that's just bollocks.

Makes absolutely no sense for any Government to curb its own economy without good reason.

Whether the methodology turns out to be the best one, time will tell, but no one can blame authorities for trying to protect people from being killed.

The Government and the opposition will make any excuse to curb our freedoms. 

If you honestly believe that, why do you think they're doing it, what's the end game they're aiming for?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

I personally would ban holidays abroad until 1st July then review it, let other countries catch up.

My moan was generally about LFT being not good enough for a holiday abroad but we were told they were good last week when all adults were offered free LFT.

The lft are being used for a different purpose. Without them, we wouldn't be where we are.

You can't compare them, except that they detect disease.

Impossible to do pcr tests to the same level, and speed as a lft.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Lets see next year when we are still wearing mask, not allowed in sporting events etc... 

If it changes by August and everything's back to normal, and I don't mean the new normal, I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong. 

Aye let’s see with these vaccinations if they speed back up after July and that’s still 1st doses, then no doubt something else 

Doesn’t matter what our government does as far as my plans are concerned. It’s what the Australian government says that matters. They restricted the rights of people early on (travel wise) and still are. I’d rather be in their position.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I've booked my hols in the UK, you have changed yours to next year... again. We are doing our bit.

I think with the numbers being relatively low, we could speed some thing up a little, but asking for that seems bollox.

Anyway shops open from Monday, I'm buying fuck all else until I know there is no chance of another lockdown, I've got new stuff that's already getting moth balled.

Said months ago will do my bit but only for so long and hopefully that will be 21st June or whatever it is

anyway moth balled you have a blow out at sports direct 

• Site Supporter

What's the issue with mask wearing?

People in far East have been doing it for years, as a cultural, respectful, preventative measure when they have a cold etc.

We've seen the benefits this year with regards to flu as well as covid, and I've not had a cold this winter neither which is unusual.

Food for thought for the future.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

People in far East have been doing it for years, as a cultural, respectful, preventative measure when they have a cold etc.

We've seen the benefits this year with regards to flu as well as covid, and I've not had a cold this winter neither which is unusual.

Horrible things so uncomfortable plus you tell a lot from facial expressions it’s all part communication etc

can just about do half hour in supermarket that’s it 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sorry, but that's just bollocks.

Makes absolutely no sense for any Government to curb its own economy without good reason.

Whether the methodology turns out to be the best one, time will tell, but no one can blame authorities for trying to protect people from GETTING DEAD

EFA

WW speak

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've not been ill for more than 12 months

• Site Supporter

If people want to wear them that's fine, as an option.

Used to use the Bus for work into Manchester for a couple of years, had loads of colds and flu. I can see it being beneficial on buses, especially in rush hour.

I can see more people wearing them and thats fine, as long as its a choice and not a mandatory rule.

That's what I'm getting at. As a society, like in Japan etc, if you're snotty and need to get on a bus etc, then why not stick one on?

No one would suggest wearing one out and about in the open air etc, just in places where you're more likely to spread your germs. If you're really under the weather, you're likely to give the pub a miss for a day or two until you feel better anyhow.

Curious as to whether we will see a bit of a cultural change.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

I think more people will stay at home if they have a sniffle, which could be a problem for employers.

I agree, and some medical bods have been saying more folk should, rather than going in and spreading it.

Of course your skivers will love that.

Perhaps this shift to more folk being able to work from home will help. A stinking cold hampers your ability to a degree anyway, but being able to still do a bit should benefit all parties.

Shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to arrive at a sensible position. 

Certainly could do with being in a position to mitigate another situation like this.

24 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think more people will stay at home if they have a sniffle, which could be a problem for employers.

Not in a WFH world!

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Horrible things so uncomfortable plus you tell a lot from facial expressions it’s all part communication etc

can just about do half hour in supermarket that’s it 

Cant wait till we can get shut of them but 

I hated wearing them at first even for ten mins 

Wear one most of the day at work now when I'm in the lab without it bothering me, its mad how quickly you adjust to things