Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

39 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Fuck them off, if anyone says they like wearing them things, they are bullshitting.

I'm not sure anybody says they like wearing them, but only attention seekers say they "hate" wearing them. Let's be honest, they're really not that much of an issue are they.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Budle Bay campsite, not far from Bamburgh. Never been so I'm looking forward to it, beach a Bamburgh just been voted best in England or UK

It's a lovely stretch of coast. Some great sandy beaches and some great rocky parts. I slipped on a rock neat Bamburgh and broke my camera!

The best rock pools I've ever seen further down the coast too- watched two crabs 🦀 having a right go at each other, almost as impressive as a couple of Geordie slappers having a girly scrap on a Satdy neet in Newcastle. 

It will be busy up that way- usually is in non covid times, but you're soon into walking country. Get into the hills around Rothbury, lovely.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Budle Bay campsite, not far from Bamburgh. Never been so I'm looking forward to it, beach at Bamburgh just been voted best in England or UK

Long walk along the bay (or you can drive) for a pint at the Ship at Low Newton, has it's own micro-brewery and does an amazing dark stout.

Go to Carters butchers in Bamburgh for his freshly made steak pies and scotch eggs for your lunches, he does his own Bamburgh Banger, one of Rick Stein's Food Heroes... he's a season ticket holder at St James' and will talk footie all day.

Ashes of all my dogs are on Bamburgh beach and that is where I'm going to end up.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I bet Tank Top Ken is well jel 🦂

Thanks for the tips fella, keen walker, so hopefully will be clocking up some miles, the arthritic trotters can fuck off, pop some pills, pop on me boots and I'm off, wife and Bedlington Terrier in tow, can't wait 👍

How's his diet going on?

Some lovely small towns around, Rothbury itself, with good local food if you're cooking. Plenty of eateries too.

Alnwick Castle is great, and understandably popular.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cragside

This place is so worth exploring for an interesting mooch with Teddy.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

I see it that that data shows the current plan is working so after the shambles of last year let's not be complacent

As for masks, that should be June 21st 

They really don't want another variant to happen, they just want you to remember it could, so don't deviate from the plan, which is working 

There is the post. 💪

They do light ales as well, trust you'll like Carters though... sorry about littering the beach.

Good return walk from Newton to Dustanburgh and Craster also, do it every time we visit (once or twice a year)

• Site Supporter
Just now, Dimron said:

They do light ales as well, trust you'll like Carters though... sorry about littering the beach.

Good return walk from Newton to Dustanburgh and Craster also, do it every time we visit (once or twice a year)

Aye, likewise. Once did it taking a parallel footpath through a farmers wheat field with a sea mist rolling in. Spooky.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How's his diet going on?

Some lovely small towns around, Rothbury itself, with good local food if you're cooking. Plenty of eateries too.

Alnwick Castle is great, and understandably popular.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cragside

This place is so worth exploring for an interesting mooch with Teddy.

Agreed regarding Cragside, worth a visit. Always avoided Alnwick Castle, we head towards Barter Books when in town

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Yeah he's lost about 5kg to 6Kg, so he is getting there, changed his diet and he is better for it, looking a lot leaner, but still loves a sleep. Bedlingtons were originally bred in Northumberland and Rothbury being one of the main areas, hence why there are 2 kinds of Bedlington and the Rothbury type is one of them, Bedlington village isn't that far away as well.

Good stuff. No doubt he'll be better for it, and enjoy his walks.

If you do go to a castle, be careful of the moat! :)

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Was only joking fella, will try what I can, we've all missed this kind of stuff, hopefully it will all be back on the agenda soon.

#FuckRona #FuckCovid #FuckKen

You'll really enjoy it up there walking with the missus and the dog... chills me out every time I visit

• Members
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

I saw an old guy driving his porsche, top down, on his own wearing a mask. 

It rained shortly after so he probably got what he deserved

Convertible Porsche so he needs his hard drive checking

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Runshaw College closed for 2 weeks due to cases of one of the Indian variants.

Seems extreme

But can you imagine if this was left open and then a massive surge occurred?

It's the right thing to do.

1 college shut better than every school being closed

14 minutes ago, Spider said:

Lads football off tomorrow because of FOUR positive tests on the opposition team (Westhoughton based).

The fucks going on?

Indian strain popping up in a couple of local areas. Deane, Daubhill and Great Lever. Likely brought back by people returning from abroad. Not sure if that relates to the cases in Westhoughton though or if that's just bad luck. 

Big push to stamp it out in those areas being mobilised. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Indian strain popping up in a couple of local areas. Deane, Daubhill and Great Lever. Likely brought back by people returning from abroad. Not sure if that relates to the cases in Westhoughton though or if that's just bad luck. 

Big push to stamp it out in those areas being mobilised. 

But

our

borders

are

closed

25 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Things are taking a turn for the worse in Bolton. We're all going to have to work together to make sure this doesn't get out of hand again......

Cases, or hospitalisations?

if cases; just young people, who might not be really affected? Or worse?

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Cases, or hospitalisations?

if cases; just young people, who might not be really affected? Or worse?

Cases - but the r rate is pushing 3 and rising. You'd expect any hospitalisations in a fortnight or so which is why it's so important to try and keep a lid on it. Could set us right back if we're not careful.....

Just now, kent_white said:

Cases - but the r rate is pushing 3 and rising. You'd expect any hospitalisations in a fortnight or so which is why it's so important to try and keep a lid on it. Could set us right back if we're not careful.....

Is the vaccine not protecting the vulnerables?