Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Fair enough - I did see that Bolton was mentioned in the Mirror today regarding where this indian varient is spreading with SAGE meeting, but that it is going to be a nationwide issue.

Do people think there would be a local lockdown? Folk will go crazy.

I’ve stopped caring if they do now. 

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

To be fair, a little under a year ago we were discussing how all the Asians were the cause of spikes. Then Hennigan’s had a party.

Yeah - went to the pub with work collegues yesterday in town - was rammed, people in way more than groups of six.

27 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Anyone who resides here illegally is never going to volunteer to have a jab. For a start, they’ll require a NHS number; problem!

Their lack of any ability to identify themselves as here as an asylum seeker would alert the immigration authorities; problem!

How the hell do you convince someone who shouldn’t even be here to have a jab?

There was an amnesty allowing them to vaccinated 

https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/30161/vaccine-amnesty-in-uk-for-undocumented-migrants

People kicking off. If you have a high rate you locked down. Seems a good idea to me. 

I mean the dirty scousers seem to be managing it and you lot are all far more superior than them. Remember when they all had their test events thinking they are cool. Cannon fodder 

12 minutes ago, Big E said:

People kicking off. If you have a high rate you locked down. Seems a good idea to me

I mean the dirty scousers seem to be managing it and you lot are all far more superior than them. Remember when they all had their test events thinking they are cool. Cannon fodder 

It is a good idea, and it's the way that we're going to go, basically stamping out any small outbreaks. Anybody who doesn't think it's a good idea needs their bumps feeling. It'd be a shame for Bolton, as it's been on lockdown since about August, but I guess it's just tough shit really. The thing is, any further lockdown is going to see more and more people ignoring it and flaunting the rules, which obviously doesn't help anybody 

6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It is a good idea, and it's the way that we're going to go, basically stamping out any small outbreaks. Anybody who doesn't think it's a good idea needs their bumps feeling. It'd be a shame for Bolton, as it's been on lockdown since about August, but I guess it's just tough shit really. The thing is, any further lockdown is going to see more and more people ignoring it and flaunting the rules, which obviously doesn't help anybody 

A good idea?

If they don’t open indoor hospitality in Bolton, folks will just go elsewhere.

And Boris said we were all coming out together, so he’s in for a kicking if we are locked down again.

Jab all from 16? The figures seem to show that it isn’t transmitting from young folks to those who have been vaccinated (the vulnerable)

No need to lock down and, from my current perspective, a bad idea.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

A good idea?

If they don’t open indoor hospitality in Bolton, folks will just go elsewhere.

And Boris said we were all coming out together, so he’s in for a kicking if we are locked down again.

Jab all from 16? The figures seem to show that it isn’t transmitting from young folks to those who have been vaccinated (the vulnerable)

No need to lock down and, from my current perspective, a bad idea.

Generally yes I agree. My only concern is the fact that despite good figures, not every vaccinated person is protected. It would be particularly disappointing if an older parent was to suffere an avoidable infection because of a few small minded folk.

The issue of long covid is still ongoing, but I think the biggest concern is the as yet unknown ability of the Indian variant to get round current vaccines. I think initial indicators are that it doesn't particularly do so, fingers crossed.

This is from the BEN :

The areas with the lowest vaccine coverage include Central Bolton (46.3 per cent), Burnden and Great Lever (46.6 per cent) and Rumworth North (47.9 per cent)

and there's a similar picture in some areas in Blackburn. If the vulnerable in those areas haven't been vaccinated then there's no chance the young uns will...

...unless it means they can't do stuff and get in places and there doesn't seem to be anyone wanting to go down that path, maybe some paying lip service to it but that's all.

Can’t believe people wouldn’t support a lockdown when their area is struggling. Madness.

Makes sense. Let the rest of us crack on and those who don’t stay lockdown. People soon change their ideas when they realise they can’t do stuff. 

Couple of guys I work with won’t put that shite in their bodies.....now the wife wants to go to Portugal and you need a passport they are prepared to protect the vulnerable.