Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Selfish cunts as they are

There's no way we should be locking down because they might get sick.

Fuck 'em - they had their chance (and still do) with the vaccine.

Hospitals are empty, and I want a pint indoors next week.

This

• Site Supporter

Work with a Muslim lad .

discussing this with him today, the ethos of “ Gods will” is strong in his family and community when it comes to the vaccine. He said his dad doesn’t  fear the virus and if God wishes him to get the virus then that is Gods will , when I asked him about the others his dad might pass it on to, then that would be Gods will too . 

couldn't answer when I asked is allowing the creation of a vaccine also Gods will , but basically people of that mindset aren’t going to get a vaccine as they are not worried about it and also see it as an affront to Gods will 

he also said taking it during Ramadan would be an issue for some so the uptake may increase now it’s over . 
this lads only 25 too and his dad is the same age as me give or take, not like some really old person going off old values who’s come from some sub continent backwards village years ago, his dad was born in Manchester in the 70s 

its mind boggling. 

20 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Work with a Muslim lad .

discussing this with him today, the ethos of “ Gods will” is strong in his family and community when it comes to the vaccine. He said his dad doesn’t  fear the virus and if God wishes him to get the virus then that is Gods will , when I asked him about the others his dad might pass it on to, then that would be Gods will too . 

couldn't answer when I asked is allowing the creation of a vaccine also Gods will , but basically people of that mindset aren’t going to get a vaccine as they are not worried about it and also see it as an affront to Gods will 

he also said taking it during Ramadan would be an issue for some so the uptake may increase now it’s over . 
this lads only 25 too and his dad is the same age as me give or take, not like some really old person going off old values who’s come from some sub continent backwards village years ago, his dad was born in Manchester in the 70s 

its mind boggling. 

I can go along with that, it’s their belief and they should be allowed to stick with it.

But, if it significantly affects people around them, then they need to wake up to that they don’t live in a small enclosed community.

Poor @Spiderneeds a pint

Edited by boltondiver

18 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Work with a Muslim lad .

its mind boggling. 

Yes, a few Muslim mates have said exactly the same re God's will. Quite staggering really in the 21st century.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I can go along with that, it’s their belief and they should be allowed to stick with it.

But, if it significantly affects people around them, then they need to wake up to that they don’t live in a small enclosed community.

More or less said the same, but it’s the fact they insist it’s still Gods will whoever gets it , so if the whole country got it, that would be what God wanted and who are they to interfere with what God wants . 
it is their belief but that’s the problem 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, burnden said:

Boris press conference 5pm , Lockdown incoming ?

No chance

It'll be a reminder to behave and, if he's got any balls at all, a nudge to people reluctant to get a jab to go and get a fucking jab.

Pubs are locked and loaded for Monday, it would have to be a variant that kills people on contact to put another lockdown in.

29 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No I don’t think so. Well the people that usually know about these things certainly haven’t been told. Probably a warning shot from bojo

Agreed, he'll waffle on incoherently for half an hour, but the main gist will be that if the infections keep increasing, then the planned 21st June unlocking will be pushed back further, I reckon. 

I reckon you'll get a good 7-10 days in Bolton before they lock you down again

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Agreed, he'll waffle on incoherently for half an hour, but the main gist will be that if the infections keep increasing, then the planned 21st June unlocking will be pushed back further, I reckon. 

I think that too, if there is another spike it will come once EID is out the way.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Possibly, but its the 'data not dates' thing. I really won't be surpised with localised pausing of re-opening rather than a full lockdown.

If Bolton get's locked down again, the locals will be revolting

🙂

29 minutes ago, Sweep said:

If it could stretch to 10 days that would be lovely