Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

No I think you will find diplomatic or government business falls under the category of essential permitted travel 😎😎😎. Last I looked he could therefore travel if he chose. He chose not to. Have a wonderful Sunday 

The delay in closing the border was political and there is nothing anyone can say that will convince me otherwise.

I am not saying whether it was right or wrong or whether it should still have gone ahead as essential government business, just pointing out the circumstantial evidence.

Just now, Dimron said:

The delay in closing the border was political and there is nothing anyone can say that will convince me otherwise.

I am not saying whether it was right or wrong or whether it should still have gone ahead as essential government business, just pointing out the circumstantial evidence.

The border is still open to British citizens and those on official business with the uk government

so in your opinion they should not allow British citizens, in say india , to return home? 

Just now, Escobarp said:

The border is still open to British citizens and those on official business with the uk government

so in your opinion they should not allow British citizens, in say india , to return home? 

I'm a black and white person (not that sort) and if a border is closed, then it's closed. Full stop. All a bit late now, the genie is out of the bottle

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don't think they should be allowed to return. Its just tough shit for them really.

The logical questions;

Should they have been at red sooner (or later)?

Does it make any negative, or positive, difference?

If so, who to blame, or praise?

Some people seem to get to the answer before running through the logical questions.

I don’t know why that would be.

1 minute ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So someone answer me this. Living in Spain and had both a vaccine jabs, why do I have to have a negative test before I fly, 2 days after arriving, quarantine for 10 days and possibly test after. 5 days. The restrictions/rules are total crap.

Two reasons.

1) those are the rules 

2) just because you have had the vaccine doesn’t mean you can’t carry and pass on the virus. 

HTH

7 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So someone answer me this. Living in Spain and had both a vaccine jabs, why do I have to have a negative test before I fly, 2 days after arriving, quarantine for 10 days and possibly test after. 5 days. The restrictions/rules are total crap.

And also because there's no guaranteed system which will allow border control to double check both vaccines have been administered.

32 minutes ago, kent_white said:

And also because there's no guaranteed system which will allow border control to double check both vaccines have been administered.

Wrong, I have a certificate to show I've had both vaccines and a QR code on my phone to certify the same.

Edited by waffer cup 07

Why does anyone on here even respond to Mick Brown, just leave the leftie Corbyn freak to tend to his allotment - I'm sure that he's got fruit & veg to grow. He's just an attention seeking nobody, he's possibly one of those people who is probably laughing to himself after typing every post trying to wind people up, just fcuking ignore him and leave him to argue with himself in his garden shed.

Edited by Black Sheep

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Why does anyone on here even respond to Mick Brown, just leave the leftie Corbyn freak to tend to his allotment - I'm sure that he's got fruit & veg to grow. He's just an attention seeking nobody, he's possibly one of those people who is probably laughing to himself after typing every post trying to wind people up, just fcuking ignore him and leave him to argue with himself in his garden shed.

You'll be charging him rent for living in your head. 

4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I've got the NHS app on my phone which shows I've had both jabs, is that not proof?

The uk border force will be able to verify and accept that from you of course I suspect. Someone with an app or certificate from a foreign country? In a foreign language possibly? Probably not currently. 

21 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Wrong, I have a certificate to show I've had both vaccines and a QR code on my phone to certify the same.

Is that right? I had no idea we had that system in place. In that case - I've no idea why you can't come back 😁

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Is that right? I had no idea we had that system in place. In that case - I've no idea why you can't come back 😁

The NHS app update to show your jabs goes live tomorrow but I have just logged on and both of mine are showing already 🙂

Edited by Winchester White

32 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

I'm laughing at you now you tit😃

11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The NHS app update to show your jabs goes live tomorrow but I have just logged on and both of mine are showing already 🙂

Didn't know that, had my second jaberwocky today

19 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Had my vaccinations in Spain, so QR code and certificate issued by Salud Andalucia, Spain.

And I'm sure the Spanish Authoroties will accept that.

No reason for the UK to though, not until theres an internationally accepted format.