Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

21 minutes ago, Ani said:

Good argument for border controls. The UK variant is called the Kent variant over here, we have a long and proud tradition of blaming someone else.  

This is far more about keeping people in England to spend their money in England, to help the ecomony recover.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

This is far more about keeping people in England to spend their money in England, to help the ecomony recover.

That’s the Brexit we voted for!!!

9 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Evidence suggests you are less likely to pass the virus on post inoculation. 

So, you probably are more likely to spread it if you're not vaccinated. 

50 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Data now confirms there is FAR less chance of passing on the virus if you have been vaccinated.

Fair enough, I was going off some bod on the radio who advised that even with the vaccine, you can still catch and pass on the virus. He was mainly focusing on the fact that people who have been vaccinated seem to be wandering around thinking they can't catch the virus anymore, or pass it on. He was saying that was wrong on both counts. If there is reduced chance of passing it on, then that's good news.

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes.

As for your previous question though, as we know, the vaccine isn't 100% effective, so you can understand authorities wanting people to still do tests etc around travel. probably more so at the moment with fear over variants. 

In time, I reckon this will ease.

Good news then, happy to say I was wrong. I agree though, that testing before and after travelling is here to stay for a while, as it probably should be, until the rest of the world catches up with us on the vaccine front

37 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

As an aside, thr most previlant strain of the virus in Spain is the UK variant 

it is for now, but if this Indian variant is far more transmissible, then I suppose it won't be long before that rocks up in Spain

7 hours ago, Traf said:

Of course, but wasn't there 3 schools there at one point?

The School Base was named after someone called Hayward who was a big wig in the Education Dept. and the blazers were maroon.

There were three schools... Modern for those who were going to leave at the earliest possible moment, Bilateral for the practical students going into apprenticeships and Grammar with a 6th Form for the more academic and they shared the science & workshops, sports fields & dining facilities. There were six dining houses named after explorers, I went to the grammar and was in Shaftesbury House. 

It was alright, lost touch with everyone now unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

If you're in Spain. why do you want to come back to this god forsaken hole?

13 minutes ago, Dimron said:

If you're in Spain. why do you want to come back to this god forsaken hole?

I can assure you purely to visit family I last saw 14 months ago. Your right apart from The Wanderers it is a god forsaken hole.

Edited by waffer cup 07
Misspelling

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I couldn't be arsed walking all the way over there! 😁

We did the Mount puffs on the way, called in the Oddies for a couple, then took the Hayward lot on the levels....no wonder Little Whitt flunked his exams, he was too shit scared to attend lessons in case we turned up mobbed up and unannounced as always  😀 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

We did the Mount puffs on the way, called in the Oddies for a couple, then took the Hayward lot on the levels....no wonder Little Whitt flunked his exams, he was too shit scared to attend lessons in case we turned up mobbed up and unannounced as always  😀 

He'd d have pissed all over your mob 😁

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Fair enough, I was going off some bod on the radio who advised that even with the vaccine, you can still catch and pass on the virus. He was mainly focusing on the fact that people who have been vaccinated seem to be wandering around thinking they can't catch the virus anymore, or pass it on. He was saying that was wrong on both counts. If there is reduced chance of passing it on, then that's good news.

Good news then, happy to say I was wrong. I agree though, that testing before and after travelling is here to stay for a while, as it probably should be, until the rest of the world catches up with us on the vaccine front

I thought that it wasn't yet clear that being vaccinated meant you couldn't pass it on.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

If there is a spike amongst the Asians or anti Vax mob with this Indian variant, I've no doubt PM Whitty and Deputy PM Valance will blame it on the pubs & Restaurants opening indoors from today.

Listened to a Doctor on the radio coming in to work this morning, he was warning against the easing of lockdowns, let's stop asking Doctors and Scientists questions regarding covid, or else we will never get back to normal, these fuckers want us locked up and down forever!

Jesus, clap trap.

For once authorities are daring to mention the reason behind this variant increase. As pubs etc are only opening inside today; then they clearly cannot be responsible for the current outbreaks.

It is perfectly possible though, that if it isn't controlled quickly, then the variant will spread out into the wider community- at that point indoor places will be a good place to spread it. 

Just now, embankment said:

Just been reported .

In The Bolton News.

The majority of people infected are those that could have had the vaccine.  But chose not to do so .

And it is linked to ethnicity. 

Thick fuckers from certain communities. 

In other words 

Or selfish Bastards who don't care about anyone else . Init Bro .

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

If there is a spike amongst the Asians or anti Vax mob with this Indian variant, I've no doubt PM Whitty and Deputy PM Valance will blame it on the pubs & Restaurants opening indoors from today.

Are you suggesting they're controlling the Prime Minister.

You often tell us how you're a fully paid up member of "Team Boris " - surely you don't think your mate isn't really making any decisions on such matters............

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

I can assure you purely to visit family I last saw 14 months ago. Your right apart from The Wanderers it is a god forsaken hole.

Edited for misspelling? Really?

14 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Not many of Asian origin involved in Windrush. Meanwhile, to return to my original question. Why should people who have had two vaccinations and got a certificate and QR code to proof it, not be allowed to travel without being tested and quarantining.

Flip the question over, why should we, as a country, accept someone who says they have had the jabs and has a QR code (woooo!) from someone who may, or may not, be an official body.

Especially if they aretravelling from or through a country that is not on the green list.

We would accept them if they had a homemade passport for instance.

Once there is an international system of vaccine passports, then you will be able to. Until then, sorry, nope.