Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

I can assure you purely to visit family I last saw 14 months ago. Your right apart from The Wanderers it is a god forsaken hole.

I was referring to the UK in general, I do not live in Bolton any more so cannot judge... not seeing the wife's mother is a godsend in my book

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just booked for my youngest to go one of those Air Jump places for her birthday on saturday.

Can't think of a better place to spread it, loads of kids, sweating and breathing on each other.

I'm going to take a Hazmat.

And touch nothing.

When you say you’re “Going to take a Hazmat”

Do you know that’d be a really bad thing, not a good thing?

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Flip the question over, why should we, as a country, accept someone who says they have had the jabs and has a QR code (woooo!) from someone who may, or may not, be an official body.

Especially if they aretravelling from or through a country that is not on the green list.

We would accept them if they had a homemade passport for instance.

Once there is an international system of vaccine passports, then you will be able to. Until then, sorry, nope.

Just because Spain is in front of the UK in developing a certificate and QR code, that's widely accepted throughout Europe, is not a reason for it not being accepted by the UK. The UK have been talking about developing something similar for months, still nothing.

2 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Just because Spain is in front of the UK in developing a certificate and QR code, that's widely accepted throughout Europe, is not a reason for it not being accepted by the UK. The UK have been talking about developing something similar for months, still nothing.

Because they are our borders and we choose who comes in and when. There needs not to be a reason given so if you accept that and wait you will be back over here soon enough. In this instance I think the government has it right. 

Just plough into the Cruz campo while you wait as a fair few of us would happily switch places with you right now 😎

16 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Course it is.

24 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553.amp

• Site Supporter

I can't remember if Dominic Cummings fans are still his fans or have quietly slipped into the night.

I also know a few people on here are very sceptical of lockdowns.

Either way, Big Dom says lockdowns work, so wherever you sit on this Venn diagram may make you smile or seethe or just plain old make your head spin :-)

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1394245014440529921?s=20

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

I can't remember if Dominic Cummings fans are still his fans or have quietly slipped into the night.

I also know a few people on here are very sceptical of lockdowns.

Either way, Big Dom says lockdowns work, so wherever you sit on this Venn diagram may make you smile or seethe or just plain old make your head spin 🙂

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1394245014440529921?s=20

His select committee appearance is looking like it might be interesting

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

You are correct, my post is a bit tongue and cheek, but I am bang on when it comes to doctors and scientists, and there will be people including politicians, doctors and scientists who will blame the hospitality sector if cases rise, just like the last time.

It's clear you won't believe there is a link; but it doesn't mean there isn't one.

The man lost his case when taking the government to court over this.

Nations the world over reduced access to indoor gatherings- it's standard practice for such events.

Shortly after Eotho last year cases started to rise. Then schools went back and they continued to rise. Both places where numbers gather indoors.

If we're critical of mosque dwellers etc for spreading it, then it's clear other indoor activities elsewhere may well have similar effects. 

It's blindingly obvious there is a link.

Hopefully, given our vaccination numbers, there won't be an unmanageable increase this time. 

We all reckon the red list job for India was a cock up; however as travel there isn't completely banned, and there are stories of folk coming in through another country to avoid hotel isolation upon return, then it's arguably not strong enough. 

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
Just now, mickbrown said:

His select committee appearance is looking like it might be interesting

Well we were all told last summer that he's not a liar, that he's a proper patriot - and his foamy-mouthed supporters are the type who are never wrong - so this should indeed be an eye-opener.

If anyone needs some backpedalling advice, I'm happy to help.

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

There's still a statue of me outside as in inspiration to the kids who followed in my footsteps! 

Your statue of you in the Cuban t-shirt and Palestinian scarf was defaced earlier, some kids had daubed "you left wing mincer " all over it and covered it in the Union Jack, sorry about that fella 😐 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well we were all told last summer that he's not a liar, that he's a proper patriot - and his foamy-mouthed supporters are the type who are never wrong - so this should indeed be an eye-opener.

If anyone needs some backpedalling advice, I'm happy to help.

Who told you he wasn't a liar?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I should clarify that I'm not sniping at "some on here" in this instance - I'll name names as I'm not a massive cock swallower.

It was more a general Twitter/man in the pub vibe. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he was well defended on here too.

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

It actually is a reason. 

if it is miles ahead of what we have how can we verify it ? When you say widely I assume that means not totally, so why should we accept it if other euros countries are not ? 

38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The same people denouncing him as a liar are the same who will be hanging onto his every word as gospel.

Somewhat hypocritical