Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Personally, I honestly think we’ll through this variant unscathed.

A tip of the hat to Boris and the vaccination rollout, that has bought him a let off for not shutting India off soon enough. For once it’s not just dumb luck and a funny hairdo that will save his bacon here.

The only danger is a variant that evades vaccines. But frankly we have to crack on now. It’s great seeing the boozers open 😁😁😁

8 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

When Kent started its hardenss level shot up 200% at least.

The Beast of Deane as he was commonly known.

Don't recall seeing Deane base on the Rugby fixture list when I was in the Hayward teams from U13 to first 15.

Suggest they were the soft shites

"The Times' splash reports that ministers are weighing up plans for local lockdowns, or a delay to the planned easing of restrictions, on 21 June amid concern over the Indian variant. Under one proposal, modelled on last year's Tier 4 restrictions, the paper says people would be advised to stay at home and non-essential retail and hospitality would be closed if the variant wasn't brought under control. An alternative plan, focused on a delay to the June unlocking, would see grants handed out to the worst-hit sectors such as nightclubs and for large events like festivals. A source tells the paper that local lockdowns could lead to a "patchwork" of restrictions across the country that people would ignore."

Sort it out

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Dam right people would ignore

Any further lockdowns will lead to serious unrest I’m certainly done after this 

People were convinced of that after Lockdown #1.

Realistically, there are going to be newspaper articles written about a return to lockdown for one reason or another for years to come. I wouldn't worry about this one yet.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

People were convinced of that after Lockdown #1.

Realistically, there are going to be newspaper articles written about a return to lockdown for one reason or another for years to come. I wouldn't worry about this one yet.

There are already peaceful protests occurring all over the country involving hundreds of thousands of people. More lockdowns + a spell of hot weather will imo encourage the usual rent a mobs to latch on to these protests to cause civil unrest. 

54 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

There are already peaceful protests occurring all over the country involving hundreds of thousands of people. More lockdowns + a spell of hot weather will imo encourage the usual rent a mobs to latch on to these protests to cause civil unrest. 

Hundreds of thousands protesting where ? 

I get my second jab today. YAY . 

3 hours ago, Spider said:

It’s gonna be fine

I think it'll be fine - I doubt we'll lock down again, I do think that the June 21st "unlocking" date will get shoved back a few weeks into July or possibly August though.

It's not looking great for @boltondiverprediction that the dates would be pulled forward though

• Site Supporter

Don't suppose anyone saw the great Yasmin Qureshi on Newsnight last night?

An utterly disgraceful performance of denial, blame and deflection. So much for representing your constituents' best interests.

Mark Logan, wouldn't take her on (disappointing, but perhaps understandable), preferred to try to get everyone jabbed ASAP.

Until this issue is tackled head on, and discusses openly, without fear, then it won't be resolved.

https://m.facebook.com/bbcnews/videos/474318860490469/

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

An utterly disgraceful performance of denial, blame and deflection. So much for representing your constituents' best interests.

Mark Logan, wouldn't take her on (disappointing, but perhaps understandable), preferred to try to get everyone jabbed ASAP.

Until this issue is tackled head on, and discusses openly, without fear, then it won't be resolved.

Where in Bolton does it take 3 buses to get to the town centre?

53 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

100%, someone needs to have the bollocks to call it for what it is. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bad reading of the bus routes! I completely agree.

Storm the citadel!!!

She’s a fucking disgrace mate.

Instead of actually laying ANY blame at the feet of her constituents, she’s just lazily blaming the government. She’s also full of shit because BL3&4 are right by the town centre so they only have to catch 3 buses if they’re going to Wigan first.

At no point will she admit that just fucking maybe “her” voters need a serious jolt and reminder that they can solve this problem very quickly.

instead, it’s yet more insistence that the authorities wipe each and every arse.

She can fuck off. Right off. The cunt.

• Site Supporter

She should have taken the opportunity to remind her constituents to have the vaccine. It's a half to an hour's walk at worst.

Should be out there knocking on doors and and getting it sorted. Even if it makes her a little unpopular with some of them, at least she could hold her head up and perhaps save a few lives.

But no, put up false barriers, blame government, the nhs whoever.

If folk had to go into town to sign a piece of paper to get their benefits, they'd be there alright.