Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

27 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You are correct, and I think in some aspects they are trying to, but it seems the great media of ours won't let it go, its like there's nothing else going on in the world, a bit of positive data from the Government, relayed by the media to the public wouldn't go amiss.

Driven by data they say 😏

Data not Dates

Go Team Boris 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Covid was the 9th leading cause of death in England last month, in Wales it was the 18th.

Heart disease was the biggest killer.

And the Media are still scaremongering.

If im stood next to someone with heart disease I cant catch or die from it, the same cant be said for Corvid , just a point

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

If im stood next to someone with heart disease I cant catch or die from it, the same cant be said for Corvid , just a point

Quite. 

Covid deaths are low because of the action that has been taken. They occur in addition to other causes, not instead of.

Measures are being released as we get on top of things which seems reasonable. 

I do think the media haven't helped at all during this, but thankfully there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

What's it like over there- vast improvement now tango man has gone?

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite. 

Covid deaths are low because of the action that has been taken. They occur in addition to other causes, not instead of.

Measures are being released as we get on top of things which seems reasonable. 

I do think the media haven't helped at all during this, but thankfully there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

What's it like over there- vast improvement now tango man has gone?

Yes, once the new admin got involved in the distribution of the vaccine things improved no end, the large sites are now being closed and the rest will now be passed on the the like CVS , Walgreens etc, also most large supermarkets have there own pharmacy's  and they will also be going shots, I would say within a 5 mile radius from my house I would have a choice of at least 7 places to get a shot if I needed one. The FDC giving emergency approval to 16 and over will also speed this up.

Still got issues with the African Americans (and I can see why) and that will take some convincing for them to trust the government, seeing what was done to them in the past

Edited by tyldesley_white

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Yes, once the new admin got involved in the distribution of the vaccine things improved no end, the large sites are now being closed and the rest will now be passed on the the like CVS , Walgreens etc, also most large supermarkets have there own pharmacy's  and they will also be going shots, I would say within a 5 mile radius from my house I would have a choice of at least 7 places to get a shot if I needed one. The FDC giving emergency approval to 16 and over will also speed this up.

Still got issues with the African Americans (and I can see why) and that will take some convincing for them to trust the government, seeing what was done to them in the past

You'd think the white counterparts having the jab would be evidence enough ot it's safety.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You'd think the white counterparts having the jab would be evidence enough ot it's safety.

or people, of all colours, dying, the world over

then not dying as much once vaccinated

you'd think

It's not that it doesn't work or people aren't dying it's a fundamental distrust of the government, that it doesn't act in its best interests. Having a chat with a black colleague of my yesterday and his mum nd dad haven't had the jab even though he went and had it to show them. He was saying its historic and cultural and just shouting get a jab isn't going to work. 

14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's not that it doesn't work or people aren't dying it's a fundamental distrust of the government, that it doesn't act in its best interests. Having a chat with a black colleague of my yesterday and his mum nd dad haven't had the jab even though he went and had it to show them. He was saying its historic and cultural and just shouting get a jab isn't going to work. 

Asking him about Tuskegee, I'm sure it will open your eyes, or read what Ive posted above about it, then you will understand the mistrust

• Site Supporter

Spoke to a friend of my daughter’s; a vegan, (not sure if veganism is relevant) She just doesn’t trust it given the time it’s taken to get this vaccine out. She wanted a crystal ball to let her know long term side-effects, etc.

It was lost on her that every single vaccine from when vaccines were first invented were new to the early recipients but were still receptive to the potential life saving results.

She then pointed out that Thalidomide was a drug to combat morning sickness and we all know what happened there.

Edited by MickyD

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Spoke to a friend of my daughter’s; a vegan, (not sure if vegan is is relevant) who just doesn’t trust that in the time it’s taken to get this vaccine out. She wanted a crystal ball to let her know long term side-effects, etc.

It was lost on her that every single vaccine from when vaccines were first invented were new to the early recipients but were still receptive to the potential life saving results.

She then pointed out that Thalidomide was a drug to combat morning sickness and we all know what happened there.

I'm sure I read that every single person who had the first commercially produced Cholera vaccine, when it was first created by Loius Pasteur in 1880, is now dead, so you can't be too careful

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tyldesley_white said:

Nothing to do with safety its all about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

Would you want a jab if this had been done to you, I know I wouldn't be to keen

As I said, if its not just that group that are having it, but everyone, then the conspiracy/cruelty/ safety issues disappear. Unless you choose to believe the system worldwide is to suppress and control people.

Any survivors from that group may be somewhat reticent, but the vast majority aren't from it and ought to be able to see the difference. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Bolton women goes viral after she's interviewed stood in the town centre saying she's too worried to leave the house

not to mention the hair styles, nice

Newport Street might be her house, seen a few tents knocking about in the town centre.

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Bolton women goes viral after she's interviewed stood in the town centre saying she's too worried to leave the house

not to mention the hair styles, nice

It doesn't look great does it, but the clip does seem to have been cut short - she might have actually said "I won't even leave the house, expect to go come go to work / do some shopping"

Or she may just be as thick as mince 😊  -  either way, those hair styles/colours are pretty shit

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

It doesn't look great does it, but the clip does seem to have been cut short - she might have actually said "I won't even leave the house, expect to go come go to work / do some shopping"

Or she may just be as thick as mince 😊  -  either way, those hair styles/colours are pretty shit

Out of order......leave Spider and his missus alone.