Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I guess the truck drivers will be a large part of that on a daily basis which are essential in reality? Although seemingly none of them carry copper 

Well, it’s funny you should say that, Nostradamus.

Copper is currently coming from Turkey.

That means a potential crossing of at least 8 borders by road. Currently, hauliers are telling us not to bother, so it has to go by sea.

The cost is therefore massively increased just for transportation. Add in to the mix that copper is in very high demand globally and the price is higher than ever.

Thats a single commodity. Many more will be experiencing the same hence the factory closures and price increases you’ll already know about.

Thats partly demand, partly Covid and then there’s the Brucie Brexit Bonus on top when the tariffs get lumped on right at the very end.

Must be nice just being a reseller/valeter.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well, it’s funny you should say that, Nostradamus.

Copper is currently coming from Turkey.

That means a potential crossing of at least 8 borders by road. Currently, hauliers are telling us not to bother, so it has to go by sea.

The cost is therefore massively increased just for transportation. Add in to the mix that copper is in very high demand globally and the price is higher than ever.

Thats a single commodity. Many more will be experiencing the same hence the factory closures and price increases you’ll already know about.

Thats partly demand, partly Covid and then there’s the Brucie Brexit Bonus on top when the tariffs get lumped on right at the very end.

Must be nice just being a reseller/valeter.

Reseller? 🤣.

Just now, Spider said:

Yeah

bet you’ve got hands like a Minogue

Apart from

the first 3 years post school as car mechanic and then 2 years running my own business I would say you’re probably right.  But those hands are well paid so I’m happy with that 😎

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Apart from

the first 3 years post school as car mechanic and then 2 years running my own business I would say you’re probably right.  But those hands are well paid so I’m happy with that 😎

😁

“MAAARRRLLLEEEENNNEEEE”

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Looking more likely to have come from the lab, it seems.

If so, an accident or deliberate?

The comments got me a bit- seemingly accidental, but how does a brand new virus come to being stored in a lab?

Didn't exist previously, so why has it been created?

Or, if it had been 'found' out in the wild/on a person, then why were details of its existence not shared?

Bout time re created live-fried carp flu.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I used to have a thing for her always imagined she would be filth 

I would also say I’m more a cross between boycie and jumbo 😁

😆

”I’ve gotta put the syrup back on Del, I feel naked without it”

Bet you smoke thin liquorice cigarettes and everything

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

No, can’t recall.

@Spider?

Weren’t me guv’nor.

If true though, and a quick google suggests it’s going to be tough to prove, we will have to give a former one-term POTUS a slap on the back for saying it. He didn’t do anything about it but he did say it so we can doff caps and finally say he was right. Twice.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

My sister has been at Palma airport all week

Says this picture is from last year after the first lockdown.

Apparently the airport is running at 10/15% capacity.

Though she did just say that Germans are the worst for mask wearing, virtually none of them do it. Ironic, really…

Edited by Spider

26 minutes ago, Spider said:

Though she did just say that Germans are the worst for mask wearing, virtually none of them do it. Ironic, really…

Never trust Twitter 😊

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Looking more likely to have come from the lab, it seems.

If so, an accident or deliberate?

I've not read up on this recently, is there new information out there? 

Assuming it's come from a BSL4 lab you'd have to be criminally incompetent to release something by accident in this day and age. 

The last big lab fuck up was foot and mouth disease but they tightened the regulations up so that anything that leaves these kind of labs is fully decontaminated before it leaves the containment zone. This includes people

Guest Nordkurve
5 hours ago, Spider said:

I don't understand that to be honest. There are massive fines over here for not wearing a mask, even for wearing the WRONG type of mask. You even have to wear a mask in the Supermarket car parks here, not just in the shop. Maybe she just saw a bunch of anti-vax 5G conspiracy fucktards as 99% of the Germans comply to the mask rules.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

I don't understand that to be honest. There are massive fines over here for not wearing a mask, even for wearing the WRONG type of mask. You even have to wear a mask in the Supermarket car parks here, not just in the shop. Maybe she just saw a bunch of anti-vax 5G conspiracy fucktards as 99% of the Germans comply to the mask rules.

She works for Jet2 and lives up near Sa Pobla/Alcudia.

She was referring to them in the resorts rather than the airport I think.

We’ll know in a few weeks if all this mixing is going to cause huge problems.

If it doesn’t, happy days. If it does, then I guess we’re shutting the borders again.

Who fucking knows anymore.

8 hours ago, dave2980 said:

I've not read up on this recently, is there new information out there? 

Assuming it's come from a BSL4 lab you'd have to be criminally incompetent to release something by accident in this day and age. 

The last big lab fuck up was foot and mouth disease but they tightened the regulations up so that anything that leaves these kind of labs is fully decontaminated before it leaves the containment zone. This includes people

Three reasearchers from the Wuhan Imstitute of Virology were hospitalised with Covid symptoms in November 2019, although I'm not sure that's new information it's just that it's now being reported by more mainstream media sources and discussed by more high profile scientists.

Guest Nordkurve
14 hours ago, Spider said:

She works for Jet2 and lives up near Sa Pobla/Alcudia.

She was referring to them in the resorts rather than the airport I think.

We’ll know in a few weeks if all this mixing is going to cause huge problems.

If it doesn’t, happy days. If it does, then I guess we’re shutting the borders again.

Who fucking knows anymore.

I wouldn't fancy that drive every day to PMI from Alcudia ! Some of the lads I work with are out there at the moment in Playa de Muro, just down the road from Alcudia Port. I asked them yesterday about this and they said that everyone is wearing Masks where it is mandatory, but not anywhere else, including Brits, Scandi's etc. I think Germans likely remove them at the very first opportunity on holiday because they have had to wear them literally everywhere for more or less a year now. Not just in the Shops, but at work, on any Public transport etc, even in Car Parks, some towns and cities just being on the street etc. The good thing is the Vaccination program is ramping up. More than 19% are fully vaccinated now (both injections) and around 45% had their first injection.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

News fuckers reporting a third wave now. Stoke the latest to show significant increase.

Why are people still getting tested?

The vulnerable are protected ffs.

Your question was answered by your first sentence. 

Until more are vaccinated fully, then there are still going to be hospitalisations, albeit at a lower rate.

More folk in hospital with covid, means fewer catch up treatment for others. Specific wards, fewer beds overall and more resources.

Testing is free, a kit from the chemist or ordered online, and takes a minute or so to do, then a half hour testing time.